Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    I haven't done the math on it yet but I would expect it to be rather weak, since it has high mastery, and the damage the ring do is rather low. I could be wrong though, so I'd recommend holding onto it for now.
    Aye, I mean it's like 40k/15 sec so it's like 2.1k dps from the use which feels very weak.

Care to elaborate on why I need to stop and think what I just wrote? Your second sentence doesn't make much sence in the context.
    When your issue isn't running out of life due to lack of healing, but getting oneshot, Resto affinity won't help. At all.

So the question isn't what maths out to better average damage reduction, but how they can applied to different use cases.

no, don't cast it if it overcaps unless casting SW/LS will overcap you on Astral Power.
    So its better to just Moonfire/sunfire spam depending on the relic you have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    When your issue isn't running out of life due to lack of healing, but getting oneshot, Resto affinity won't help. At all.

So the question isn't what maths out to better average damage reduction, but how they can applied to different use cases.
    Nothing oneshots, except for avoidable mechanics, which will oneshot you anyway. Anyway I don't think you read my previous post, because I specifically gave an example of how to apply the math on a boss to boss basis, not just looking at average damage reduction like you claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chilibowl View Post
    So its better to just Moonfire/sunfire spam depending on the relic you have?
    Yep, or use Dash/DB/Swiftmend/Rejuv/other ulility spells.
    Last edited by mmoc9d2aef9527; 2016-10-27 at 08:57 PM.

Great guide! Especially appreciate the table with haste-breakpoints for ED.

One thing though: the macros added in 7.1 do not work as they are written in the guide. You're missing a spacebar.
    You have written: /cast[@player] Starfall
    It should be: /cast [@player] Starfall

Just a spacebar between cast and [@ for both.

Again, ty for the guide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethiun View Post
    Great guide! Especially appreciate the table with haste-breakpoints for ED.

One thing though: the macros added in 7.1 do not work as they are written in the guide. You're missing a spacebar.
    You have written: /cast[@player] Starfall
    It should be: /cast [@player] Starfall

Just a spacebar between cast and [@ for both.

Again, ty for the guide
    thanks for pointing that out

Thanks for this guide. I've found it very helpful.

EDIT: The problem is actually an issue with Simcraft not giving AP for Solar Wrath, the APL is fine. I'll leave this to show my thought process though.

Do you have a better APL for Dreamcatcher that you used for your sims? The default one on Simcraft (710-01; 10-29-16 build) is under-performing by at least 50-70k compared to my single target dummy tests for the same length of time (even without buffs or heroism in my in-game tests). It seems to be doing the right SS weaving for my haste level (SS LS SW SS LS SW for hero; and SS LS SS LS outside of hero), but it is also going into these phases where it is casting 30 or more unempowered Wraths in row. The APL seems reasonable though and I can't figure out why it would get caught like that. It also seems to be recasting Moonfire and Sunfire way too much given that NB is selected.

Here's a list of the counts of each ED action for one example sim (talents are Starlord, Incarnation, Blessing of the Ancients, and Nature's Balance):

So on the pull, it is doing:
    (7) New Moon
    (F) Moonfire
    (G) Sunfire
    (K) Half Moon
    (L) Full Moon
    (O) Unempowered Solar Wrath x11 (?!?!)
    (J) New Moon
    (D) Incarnation
    (E) Starsurge
    (I) Empowered Lunar Strike
    (EFMEIMEIMEIMEIIEIKEIE) a reasonable bit of Starsurge weaving

And later on in the fight it does this horror:
    (GOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) 39 unempowered Solar Wraths interspaced with Moonfire refreshes...

I just realized what the problem is actually. Solar Wrath is not giving any Astral Power:

Those plateaus at the start of the fight and beginning at ~120 seconds are the strings of Solar Wraths not giving any AP. I'm seeing the same thing in other sims without the Dreamcatcher and with other talents, so it is not specific to these. This must be a fairly new problem because I never ran into it before 7.1.

Have you worked with SimCraft at all? I've never done any work on the class models, but I would think this could be easy to fix. I'll try to reach out to the devs.

Another edit: It seems like this is a known issue which can be fixed with this overide: override.spell_data=effect.280099.base_value=80
    Last edited by Tarm; 2016-10-29 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    If you are under the 30% haste breakpoint, the default one works for ED. If you above, you'll want to use this instead:
    http://pastebin.com/R0ctcJfh
    (I changed it so it casts 2xSW in between Starsurges when possible)

Deleted
    If you are under the 30% haste breakpoint, the default one works for ED. If you above, you'll want to use this instead:

(I changed it so it casts 2xSW in between Starsurges when possible)
    I tried that APL and simmed my character and the stats I get are : Int(1.00) > Vers(0.94) > Haste(0.90) > Crit(0.88) > Mastery(0.84).
    I don't know it just feels confusing that versatility is my top stat now? I don't know if im doing anything wrong. Im at just above 30% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigSMILE View Post
    I tried that APL and simmed my character and the stats I get are : Int(1.00) > Vers(0.94) > Haste(0.90) > Crit(0.88) > Mastery(0.84).
    I don't know it just feels confusing that versatility is my top stat now? I don't know if im doing anything wrong. Im at just above 30% haste.
    It's perfectly normal that vers is rated high compared to your other stats if you have low amounts of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    It's perfectly normal that vers is rated high compared to your other stats if you have low amounts of it.
    Does that mean that I should go for vers instead of haste?

Deleted
    If your sim fight represents what you want to gear for, yes.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that as soon as you get some vers the value drops relative to the other stats, and since they are so close a few thousands rating will easily tip the scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much for this. It's been incredibly helpful, and I appreciate you keeping it up to date with patch changes.
    Last edited by Venteus; 2016-10-31 at 01:57 AM.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

I just got Prydaz. Simcraft says that it's a 1k dps upgrade over my old neck (855 high haste, low crit). Are our stat weights closer than they used to be? I thought haste was king always? Or am I just going to replace it as soon as I get a slightly higher item level heavy haste neck?

Jewellery requires sockets to be good due to the stat budgeting so if the you old one didnt have one the socket would likely be the increase by itself.

Once you get over ~10k Haste in my personal experience the stats get pretty close together but thats obviously just due to having relatively small amounts of the others.

I dont have the neck but its unlikely you replace it until you get a haste heavy with a socket.

And considering dropping the 1.2k haste my previous neck had for the mastery/crit on the legendary resulted in more or less dps within the margin of error, it's probably worth using for the survivability anyway until I get one of the good legendaries. Thanks for the help!

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Legion Balance thread, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm just generally confused with how best to use Fury of Elune.

Up until now I've pretty much been solely using the more single-target oriented talents of Blessing of the Ancients and Nature's Balance. However, as our guild starts pushing higher level Mythic+ (7 and above) I feel I need to better optimize my trash damage while still maintaining decent single-target. I've got a few questions regarding FoE:

1. I know it's a DPS increase with anything over 2 targets that are in it for the full duration, but what about purely ST? Is it a DPS loss, or is it still worth using?
    2. How does Incarnation fit into FoE? I have Moon and Stars, so am I losing haste stacks/damage by using Inc with FoE?
    3. I also have Impeccable Fel Essence. Does this factor into the above at all?
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    Not sure if this belongs here or in the Legion Balance thread, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm just generally confused with how best to use Fury of Elune.

Up until now I've pretty much been solely using the more single-target oriented talents of Blessing of the Ancients and Nature's Balance. However, as our guild starts pushing higher level Mythic+ (7 and above) I feel I need to better optimize my trash damage while still maintaining decent single-target. I've got a few questions regarding FoE:

1. I know it's a DPS increase with anything over 2 targets that are in it for the full duration, but what about purely ST? Is it a DPS loss, or is it still worth using?
    2. How does Incarnation fit into FoE? I have Moon and Stars, so am I losing haste stacks/damage by using Inc with FoE?
    3. I also have Impeccable Fel Essence. Does this factor into the above at all?
    1. It's a dps loss for sustained st, but good for burst (< 1 min. kill).
    2. & 3. IFE is amazing when using FoE. You might have to delay FoE a bit if you have down time, but you definitely want to use them together.

1. It's a dps loss for sustained st, but good for burst (< 1 min. kill).
    2. & 3. IFE is amazing when using FoE. You might have to delay FoE a bit if you have down time, but you definitely want to use them together.
    Awesome, thanks!
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."