Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Having to quest has killed my Urge to level a alt. What about you?

Like the title says, Having to quest has killed my Urge to level a alt. What about you?

In expansions before Legion I enjoyed leveling a alt via dungeon spam or BG's. I only ever quest on my main because doing it anymore after for me is just boring.

But in legion you are forced to do the quest chains so you can unlock World Quests at level 110. I rarely say anything is forced in a game because well.....its a video game.

But if you want to level alts then you are required to do questing just so you can unlock world quests.

So like I said what about you? What is your opinion on the matter?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nope, still leveling more alts. Gearing alts, on the other hand, is a whole other story. Luckily, I can easily survive on what I get from world quests and boxes.

When I use to level alts I would go from 80-cap by quests as I found the exp was better than spamming dungeons.

Having only leveled one other character to 110 since launch I didn't find it that bad. More than likely I wont be leveling anymore alts until heirlooms can be used.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can still level alts without doing any quests. My own mage alt has barely scratched the surface of Azsuna quests and he's level 108 from doing skirmishes and random bgs. And I believe world quests are unlocked on your entire account as of patch 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Having only leveled one other character to 110 since launch I didn't find it that bad. More than likely I wont be leveling anymore alts until heirlooms can be used.
    To me the levelling in Legion is the easiest part and an "okay-ish" experience on the alts. The artifact grind and research that starts afterwards at level 110 is what kills it for me.
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2016-10-28 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    I'm definitely in the same boat. I hate leveling and the thought of questing through the zones again makes me not even consider leveling an alt.

Deleted
    I would love to be able to level with dungeons on my tank and healer alts, that's for sure (if only for practicing tanking and healing in current content with new specs and artifacts and such). I am done with 3 pure DPS classes and working on the 4th and I don't know if I will want to repeat this with a healer or tank spec. Tank would probably work out, but I am really not sure about my healers. Guess, my druid will be a moonkin for a while and I will try out enhancement shaman. The other problem is that I am quite fed up with repetitive quests. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says, Having to quest has killed my Urge to level a alt. What about you?

In expansions before Legion I enjoyed leveling a alt via dungeon spam or BG's. I only ever quest on my main because doing it anymore after for me is just boring.

But in legion you are forced to do the quest chains so you can unlock World Quests at level 110. I rarely say anything is forced in a game because well.....its a video game.

But if you want to level alts then you are required to do questing just so you can unlock world quests.

You're not o_O

WQ unlock is account-wide now.

The prune killed my urge to level most alts, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    You can still level alts without doing any quests. My own mage alt has barely scratched the surface of Azsuna quests and he's level 108 from doing skirmishes and random bgs. And I believe world quests are unlocked on your entire account as of patch 7.1.

To me the levelling in Legion is the easiest part and an "okay-ish" experience on the alts. The artifact grind and research that starts afterwards at level 110 is what kills it for me.
    Really hope the bolded is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You're not o_O

Didn't know this, just seen another poster say it
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I've done 4 so, struggled a bit from 108 to 110 since I'd done each zone to their dungeon quests so didn't really know where to head

but i will admit one thing i miss is tanking my way to max level, the xp you gain per dungeon vs the clear time just isnt worth it

Deleted
    The quests you will want to do on your alts are:
    - Class campaign (obviously for 3rd relic)
    - The Suramar-intro quests (You need to unlock the NPC to turn in the emissarys at)

Outside of that nothing is really mandatory to level.

You're not o_O

is that since 7.1? 1/2 weeks ago I had to get the friendly reps on an alt to open them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love leveling and the first steps into endgame, and usually don't play much further into expansion.
    I usually level my alt then never return to it until next expansion.

The grind after reaching 110 is more of an inhibitor, to be honest.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You're not o_O

You need friendly with all factions, iirc.
    So you still need to quest a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Is it worse than MoP quest gating? It seems to me that alt play is hindered not only by artifact but by quest gating which is tied to artifact progression.

Between world quests, leveling alts, world quests on alts. I feel like I've done every quest 10 times over.
    Hi Sephurik

As for levelling in general, I've started playing in TBC. To me this game has no replay value, cuz it's linear, I've earned both pre- and post-cata loremasters on my mage, so there's no way I'm going to level anything from 1 to cap again via questing or dungeon runs ever again.

My first alt appeared in WoD, when they introduced lvl90 boost, so I boosted DK and then powerlevelled him via xp pots + bonus objectives spam. That's quite fast and painless. Then I powerlevelled shaman during pre-patch, thankfully invasion spam wasn't as exhausting as questing, and then I wasted lvl100 boost on my paladin

But I still like my mage the most, cuz that's my fav class for PvE. DK became my PvP alt. Others are ignored.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-10-28 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing for level ups is okay.

But I am NOT going through that Suramar stuff again. >.<
    Most certainly not while grounded.

the "friendly" requirement for world quests was removed as of 7.1

at least that was my understanding.
    <insert witty signature here>