Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    So very true.
    What's important and is missing is player retention.
    Stuff like fun, immersion, nerdgasms, feeling of acomplishment etc
    And not being able to do content delivers zero of the bolded part for that player. So to maximize that reward, summed over the player population, the content must be rather easy. Making a small part of the player population highly nerdgasmic while failing to deliver this to everyone else doesn't do the job.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And not being able to do content delivers zero of the bolded part for that player. So to maximize that reward, summed over the player population, the content must be rather easy. Making a small part of the player population highly nerdgasmic while failing to deliver this to everyone else doesn't do the job.
    It's like people don't read the first line of your sig.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    There needs to be a way to give fun to those players because nowadays the game is meesed up.
    Feeling of acomplishment in getting an epic is dead.
    Transmogs, i'll be damned.
    LFR

I think the era of nerdgasms is over...forever and ever.
    You dont feel good in real life when you pick up a rock.

There needs to be a way to give fun to those players because nowadays the game is meesed up.
    Feeling of acomplishment in getting an epic is dead.
    Transmogs, i'll be damned.
    LFR

I think the era of nerdgasms is over...forever and ever.
    You dont feel good in real life when you pick up a rock.
    Soooooo remove LFR?
    I agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Soooooo remove LFR?
    I agree.
    No xD
    But give it a lesser feeling of acomplishment.

No xD
    But give it a lesser feeling of acomplishment.
    Lol people feel accomplished doing LFR?
    Was not aware, like at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Lol people feel accomplished doing LFR?
    Was not aware, like at all.
    I don't know anymore man. I'm lost.
    I get rewards left right and center and i already have a dream transmog that i will never change.

Nostalgia is hitting me hard bro. Right in the face

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    Please explain to me how people are "unable" to get gear... Good gear is more accessible now than ever so why are people like even complainting. You are absolutely able to "get gear" and "progress your character" - Of course it's ridiculously easy for a mythic raider to get gear due to m+ spam / multiple raid difficulties, but if people want more ilvl they need to put in some effort first. Effort should always lead to reward, and should always be a one way street. You should very rarely (if ever) be rewarded for doing nothing ingame.

You want gear and progression? Go improve first! Stop complainting about time constraints / content exclusivity, MMO's are time sinks and putting in effort up front makes the rest of the process go smoother.

TLDR: GIT GUD.

BTW: Signing to my m+ PUGS ungemmed/unenchanted will get you kicked :> If you can't put in the effort to maximize your character ingame, then why would i trust you to do research outside of it ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    What it always comes down to with the tryhards, although you spelled the last word wrong.
    Feelings hurt much? This guy basicly sums up this entire thread in two words -Even if you might not like a dose of reality :>

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    No one's afraid of the "Mythic" word. People are afraid of the assholes who have made Group Finder their home, because most well-adjusted humans don't like sharing their game experience with raging nutbags.
    Stop crying and make your own groups. And yes, many players are afraid of "Mythic". I think this phenomenon mainly stems from people crying about content being "unfair" or "unbeatable" and gear being "unaccessable" instead telling people to stop crying and and start aspiring to become better! Everyone has access to the same gear and the only difference between a mythic player and a casual is the effort put into class / boss research (given equal time) If you don't have time to do these things or don't want to then you don't deserve rewards.
    Last edited by mmocb13fbb0658; 2016-10-29 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Not a lot of effort required to get to 870, so yeah, it does come down to not being bad.

Sorry if that offends you (well, not really).
    Ive played almost everyday since launch. Cleared nornal and regulalry run mythic 2-4 and have completed as high as 5. Im stuck at 858. Yes it can take alot of effort.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    All the salt FeelsGoodMan

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You do realize that its the hardcore players who enable the casual players to have content / a game in the first place right?

Its called trickle down game playing.

The hardcores get catered to, and the casuals have something to aspire to.
    Oh wow. The casual must feel so privilege at their generosity. Would you like them to kiss their feets too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If casuals have nothing/ no one to look up to then interest declines, and subs fall since they can consume all the easy content (in your fantasy land scenario) in a matter of days / weeks. Oh where the fuck is the content Blizz!?!?! Ive already consumed it all, and since there is no other difficulties to master, i guess I quit! (speaking as Johnny Q. Casual).
    Your imagination is something to behold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Ive played almost everyday since launch. Cleared nornal and regulalry run mythic 2-4 and have completed as high as 5. Im stuck at 858. Yes it can take alot of effort.
    What's the name of your character? And server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    That's not very casual.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

7+ Year Old Account
    If character progression is too difficult in a skill* based mmorpg like WoW, let me suggest an alternative for those of you who feel that way : Second Life

*Kind of laugh a bit inside at the thought that WoW is considered difficult by some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be people who play so much that they outstrip the gear that others have by a large margin very quickly.

If you weren't so concerned with other peoples gear, this wouldn't be an issue. Casuals can get 855 crafted gear plus various Titanforged WQ upgrades. Not to mention Titanforging in Heroics and Legendaries from pretty much any source under the sun.

If you're actually casual (i.e. don't play much), then you should expect it to take a while to gear. Instead we get very vocal assholes who are impatient and entitled.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Casuals don't need gear.

All content from regular dungeons, to heroic dungeons, to mythic dungeons, to mythic + dungeons, to raids, all award gear that correlates to the difficulty of the content for the purpose of making you strong to make that level of content easier and the next level as you progress more doable.

Casuals who don't participate in any of that don't need gear. At all. If all they do is world quest and solo play without doing any group content, they have zero need of any gear above even 830.

The one and only reason they get it is because of the psychological dumbfuckery going on with casuals. They feel entitled to it, they THINK they need it (for unknown reasons), and demand they get it for the time they spend doing easy content that doesn't need it. The psychological treadmill where they want to be rewarded constantly even though they aren't doing anything worthy of reward. Etc.

Bottom line is, casuals want gear because everyone else gets gear and they can't comprehend the difference in why they don't deserve it because of extreme levels of bias.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Why do games have to be jobs?

Non-casuals don't need gear either outside of instanced content. Perhaps they should set up a storage system at the beginning of dungeons/raids where you can withdraw and use gear you've won within the applicable content, but not access it for outdoor activities.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    Because MMO's are about progression. Even if you don't want the hassle of doing high level activities and even if you won't get as much stuff as more hardcore players, it is fun to feel like you are improving your character. That is the whole idea of an RPG. If your character isn't progressing then what is making you play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Non-casuals don't need gear either outside of instanced content. Perhaps they should set up a storage system at the beginning of dungeons/raids where you can withdraw and use gear you've won within the applicable content, but not access it for outdoor activities.
    Why do you people refuse to retire this retarded af argument? jesus christ.
    The game is PvE. You get PvE gear from raiding. World content is also PvE. The gear you get from PvE is usable in all other PvE situations. Get over your feelings of inadequacy.