Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Some of the changes are pretty baffling. They nerfed MM hunter single target which did not need any nerfs but left alone the aoe burst insanity which is marked shot+barrage.
    Because Blizzard.
    I wish they would nerf Barrage out of existance, not cos of the damage but because it requires half a brain to use and vast majority of hunters are retarded fish-monkeys.

As for fire being nerfed? doubt it they spent way too long in beta constantly buffing it when it was already in a good spot and sebsequently ignoring specs that needed help (elemental, Frost DK, Locks) and currently its the 2nd best performing spec with only S2M which is pretty much broken being ahead yet requiring far more effort and concentration and the execute range. S2M we know is getting removed/drastically changed so I doubt shadow will be top come NH, mage probably will though and history repeats, WoWs golden child the mage will be top once again while being the execption to all the rules such as "we dont want casters to be mobile as its too OP" as devs said when asked why elemental and locks lost SWG/KJC
    Last edited by mmoc9de0d4c32c; 2016-10-19 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    With the nerfs to shadow priests mages will be the best caster class by a long shot.

Destruction, Elemental and Affliction are pretty bad. Demonology has skewed Simcraft data which makes it look like a better spec than it actually is. (Take a look at simcraft and then at real world raiding. No Demo can pull those numbers or even come close to in a 5 minute fight. mana reg and soul shard generation is bugged. I hope they fix that)

As far as casters go mages will be (very) fine, but melees are simply too strong right now. Arms, Enhancer and Retris are all very easy to play and top meters in many fights.

Fire also scales well. This nerf is more a blessing in disguise, because it is a very small nerf and now Blizzard thinks they nerfed mages and will probably leave you be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    My mage was the 2nd char I leveled to 110, and is sitting at 840 currently (AK9 tomorrow), but I benched him because I don't like fire. So, yea...keep doing what you're doing.
    Yeah man you salty. Go back to w/e class forums you chose to bench the dependable DPS class for.

That being said, the pyro nerf is a bit frustrating. Front page of Simcraft says otherwise for Fire mage performance. Really thought we were in a good place.

Not happy to see Arcane on the rise yet again. Can I please just have one fire dominant expansion? Its been so long and I'm tired of Arcane.
    Last edited by smaktat; 2016-10-19 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I think mages will be still ok, however aff locks will surpass mages on certain fights. Also nerfs to spriests is just lazy. They are still forced into that particular madness talent while doing much less dps which is just wrong.

Spriest Nerfs are just an offset because of the reintroduction of the Shadowform, which comes with a +10% damage modifier (voidform goes from 20% to 30%).

Hence, the 10% nerfs across the board, which translates into a no nerfs at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeBurns View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...34LWB#fight=20

My mage is Senõrburns.

I will backtrack on my previous comment as it was completely misguided nonsense. This week I recently started dropping some high ilvl gear pieces in favour of low ilvl crit ones. This has brought up my sustained damage considerably and puts me in line with the other mages far more often.
    good sample there, sorry if i seemed a bit up front in my post it wasn't intentional just fed up of seeing the same stuff repeatedly where people who are new to the class or new to the game as a whole have much to learn when it comes to actual stats and how they work, it has been this was since classic, but is much more pronounced now, but ilvl upgrade hasn't always meant an actual power upgrade, the best example of this, and most pronounced in recent times was back in WOTLK, either "normal" naxx (aka naxx10) or trial of the champion (5 man dungeon on normal mode) had an ilvl 200 trinket that has static haste with a spell power proc effect, this was a BiS trinket for mages even in ICC heroic gear, you ran with this in one slot, and reign of the unliving (anub'arak drop from TOGC 25) in the other for arcane (fire used DFO and muradin's spyglass 10hc/ phylactery from sindragosa 25hc) as there was no other trinket combo in game at the time that could rival the power they gave, so you were dropping what was at the time ~70-80 ilvls worth of stats for a power trinket, the same applies now, but it is much more invasive and affects all slots, not just trinkets, and it is for this reason you need to be very careful when stating something as a fact when it is very clearly only an opinion at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    from memory it is the last time that a raid tier hasn't dropped a full BiS set of gear for that tier, the only other excpetion to this was in firelands when shard of woe from sinestra was still BiS for many casters until dragon soul, but that was 1 slot not both trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say bring everyone up near shadow priest levels of st dmg and tune NH content accordingly.

On that note; fire mages sustain (outside of cds) is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    from memory it is the last time that a raid tier hasn't dropped a full BiS set of gear for that tier, the only other excpetion to this was in firelands when shard of woe from sinestra was still BiS for many casters until dragon soul, but that was 1 slot not both trinkets.
    Yea those mythic + dungeons drop better gear in them stat wise. Plus the WQ life finds a way can proc to bis.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Mages aren't "#2 spec". They somewhere in top 5 overall, as already posted from logs. Which is their rightful place.
    Interesting statement.

Yeah, all pure DPS classes should be in top5 DPS spots overall. With some fights being top3, some lower than 5.
    What's interesting about that?

Deleted
    Most minmaxers are soft-gated into fire spec because of gearing. It will take a long time for them to move out of it in majority, I don't expect them before The Nighthold, if it ever happens at all. Hence, what logs show as good is kinda skewed because most good players will be competing in fire logs instead of others for a while, so individual research might be more useful this time around instead of looking only at logs.