Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs down 7.1 PvP is messed up, and it's not because of any single class

The burst/damage is insane. Healing is quite strong as well, meaning most of the match you're either at 100% or 0% health.

I've played enough games to realize it's not any single class' fault. Yes, some classes are definitely worse than others, but we can't fix this problem just by fixing the strongest/weakest classes. The primary abilities need to be nerfed across the board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    The burst/damage is insane. Healing is quite strong as well, meaning most of the match you're either at 100% or 0%
    Completely agree. Healing is a bit too strong against some classes that rely on burst and cds, in the time between can be difficult to out damage the heals going out. Also a lot of burst is op right now yes.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    It's painful to see that even without pvp gear and seperate pvp ability templates they STILL can't balance pvp in this game.

I am not sure if it's just the nature of this game (MMO-RPG) or because they simply don't have capable people for it though.

It's kind of a catch 22 right now. Healing and caster damage is crazy strong if they're left alone, but if a melee even looks at them, they have almost no way to cast ever. You can try to juke, and hope to god that the other person doesn't have kickbot, but that's few and far between.

Melee is insane damage and far too much control, but god, most of them just flop over outside of defensives.

Either case, PvP is a complete joke right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Holinka stated Legion wasn't gonna be bursty at all...poor thing, maybe he really believed that.

This is the first expansion I've seen almost every class can oneshot each other. That's somewhat "balanced" but is no fun at all.

I would never have imagined that the first Legion PVP season would be just as bad as WotLK/MoP. That goes to show that they sat on PVP balancing for nine months of alpha/beta and were hoping the live data metrics would be enough. How wrong they are.

In what way is healing strong atm? did you play previous expansions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is okay I think, burst on some classes is just too much. Right now, it looks like frost DK/arms is tearing up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    This is the first expansion I've seen almost every class can oneshot each other. That's somewhat "balanced" but is no fun at all.
    Almost like WotLK balance haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    True, healing has always been OP in the past. 7.0 had a good heal/damage balance, imo.

Damage is more obviously broken at the moment, but if you'd nerf only the damage, the healers would become gods. Both need to be reduced, which will still be a net-win for healers (slower fights always favor them).

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't do BGs or Arenas, just the ffa pvp wqs. I'll go jump a healer, say a holy paladin. I'm a kitty, btw. I pounce stun, lay all my bleeds down, artifact ability let him have it. My stun ends. He turns around, hammers me, and 3-4 seconds later he's full again. The rest of the fight is him slowly ticking me down over the next 30 seconds or so while I can't get him below 70% again.

I just want to point out that the problem is almost never about just the damage/healing or how fast people die, but about whether or not the opponent can actually do anything about it, and whether these abilities have any real downside or strategy involved in them. Lot of mobility and unstoppable/instant damage and healing going around in recent expansions. I see this as more of a problem than hard-hitting abilities in and of themselves.

PvP / PvE aren't balanced beacuse they aren't being worked on to be balanced. WoW isn't balanced, it's a rollercoaster.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Its the 'setup' burst that Blizz built into Legion intentionally .. I recall the Frost Mage video in beta which put out +1xxk and blue posted that they where happy with +8xx - +9xx with setup .. Which clearly means its by design ...

Deleted
    Yes it feels really bursty right now, especially Frost Mages after the buffs.

Also had an IoC the other day where half the raid was wiped within seconds at the Docks, not even exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    I just want to point out that the problem is almost never about just the damage/healing or how fast people die, but about whether or not the opponent can actually do anything about it, and whether these abilities have any real downside or strategy involved in them. Lot of mobility and unstoppable/instant damage and healing going around in recent expansions. I see this as more of a problem than hard-hitting abilities in and of themselves.
    Yup, but tell this to these incapable devs. You will probably just be laughed at with "shut up pvp guy" and other crap, or they come up with page long excuses in monologue, to justify their bad decisions, like they always do when they are proven wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    It's kind of a catch 22 right now. Healing and caster damage is crazy strong if they're left alone, but if a melee even looks at them, they have almost no way to cast ever. You can try to juke, and hope to god that the other person doesn't have kickbot, but that's few and far between.

Melee is insane damage and far too much control, but god, most of them just flop over outside of defensives.

Either case, PvP is a complete joke right now.
    You are aware, you just made a point for it being balanced, not against it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I don't do BGs or Arenas, just the ffa pvp wqs. I'll go jump a healer, say a holy paladin. I'm a kitty, btw. I pounce stun, lay all my bleeds down, artifact ability let him have it. My stun ends. He turns around, hammers me, and 3-4 seconds later he's full again. The rest of the fight is him slowly ticking me down over the next 30 seconds or so while I can't get him below 70% again.
    because while Honor talents apply in wPvP, templates DO NOT, and his gear is giving him the full PvE stats, and his abilities are tuned to their full PvE values.

wPvP is a complete shit-show. Its worst-of-all-worlds, literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am done with PVP in legion. It's beyond retarded in every sense of the word. Random 1 shots, infinite stun chains, 3s games that rarely go past 2 min. Shit's just not fun.