View Poll Results: Is new Kara the best dungeon in WoW?

Voters
574. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

208 36.24%
  • Second best maybe...

26 4.53%
  • Top 5!

165 28.75%
  • No...

175 30.49%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    By needing CC meant directly to Moroes not the opera boss.
    Ahh well i guess you could use CC on Moroes and dps the adds down one at a time, but they have pretty low health so with a decent AOE group and and a Bloodlust you can just zerg it all down in one go very quickly. Maybe at lower gear levels you might be right, CC might be a requirement there but it's sort of a "set and forget" situation with that boss specifically, CC the adds on the pull with the ghost traps and dps them down one at a time, hardly an exciting prospect.

But I'll give you credit on that point all the same.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    people that vote yes are mostly casuals that joined game late cata or even panda or maybe wod, and they don't know what old raids and old xpansions were like.......
    new karazhan is ............rehash nothing else.

It's cool surroundings but far too easy, fast and well nothing amusing or bow-wow element in it.
    Do you know what the word rehash means? I am guessing you don't since a rehash would mean to bring it back without alteration.. Newsflash there are plenty of alterations in the new Karazhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually a 5-man raid, not a dungeon.

But it is one of the better instances they've come up with in a LONG time.

Ask this question in 3 months.

I liked it a lot, not sure if I'm ready to say -best ever- but definitely top 5.

I might top 5 it. I certainly wish it was broken into 2 5 mans just for times sake. With the guild we did it pretty neatly in about an hour. But I have my doubts this is an experince the masses are having.

I predict it will be a disastrous flop.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    anything harder than LFR is a flop for you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    should of been a 10 man raid 1 mode.

My favorite dungeons still remain vanilla Scholomance and Stratholme to this day, but the new Kara might reach my top 5.

It's been the most fun I had in the game for a while, but I think it's way overtuned for what it offers. Considering it drops 855 loot and how other sources of loot work it should be doable by ppl with ~845 gear. I'm not saying that'd be impossible, but it would definitely be very difficult.

Eh, it's decent. I would never rate it above Maw of Souls, Halls of Valor, Scholomance (original and rework), Utgarde Keep/Pinnacle though. Nor Court of Stars now that I think of it.

If it had 50% less trash (in the undead half, demon half is perfect) and had a few extra checkpoints, again, undead half, demon half is perfect, I'd rate it in my top 3. Now? Top 10, barely.

Edit: It's overly obvious that they added extra trash/removed (or not placed to begin with) checkpoints in order to make Nightbane race challenging. Still failing at that and meanwhile the dungeon in general feels like an absolute shit slog in the undead part.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-10-30 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    dungeon itself is very nice..

drops are sooo dumb and shit in the brain from blizzard...
    80% of leather got haste which is for many specs by far the most worse stat.

I guess a better question might be, if it isn't the "best" dungeon ever, which IS the best dungeon? What beats the new Kara? There are a lot of great dungeons out there. I enjoyed Shadow Labrynth in TBC a lot.

Are the 10 and 15 man "dungeons" from Vanilla in contention here? Undead Stratholme was a great dungeon too.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Karazhan revamped is an amazing dungeon. A lot of dungeons in Legion are just tank and spank but for Karazhan you need to cc, move a shit ton etc. Bring back nostalgia and I love it.
    CC? You don't CC any trash in Karazhan. When speed running the place for the mount you don't even CC the mobs in the Moroes fight, just aoe them all down. The instance is great because its new, thats it

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    CC? You don't CC any trash in Karazhan. When speed running the place for the mount you don't even CC the mobs in the Moroes fight, just aoe them all down. The instance is great because its new, thats it
    Yeah, we didn't use a single CC either except for the mana drainer the first run. Now we just AoE everything down on Moroes as well. If anything you need CC in other dungeons at high M+ levels, not in Karazhan.

No, in my opinion it's one of the worst.

The original raid was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I love it. Small group content is one of my favorite things. I used to be a long time 10 man raider but Mythic being 20 exclusive kinda killed that. It's exactly what everyone says it's like. A 5 man raid. I only wish that I had more alts to run it on.

For the record, I would say my favorite dungeon of all time is probably Throne of Tides or Maw of Souls. New Kara is top 3 though.
    Last edited by Rixarius; 2016-10-30 at 04:38 PM.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Kara is a raid pretending to be a dungeon, and I think it personally should have been released as a raid.

ZA is still my favorite 5-Man/10-Man instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric
    I think participation, and most certainly clear rates are going to be significantly lower then any other dungeon or raid released in the last 6 years or so. There is no way Blizzard isn't aware of this though when it was tuned at the level it is now upon release.

No. However, it is one of the more interesting 5 mans I've seen in a long time and I hope it's not the last of its kind (mega-dungeon).