Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    The arguments against it can often be described in such a way as well...
    Some of them sure, but it has to also be understood that it would be a risk to make those servers happen. If they were to release and be a dumpster fire in a few months with nearly everyone gone then that could really harm retail in the long run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-3VWxn71jU

I agree with this guy's opinion. Even if you mute the video it explains a lot. His level 1 is 1-shotting every mob, rounding up 5 mobs to kill them all at once with no fear of death, doing some silly quest where he puts out fires by throwing water from 40 yards away. Who throws a bucket of water from 40 yards away? The game has gotten to a point where nothing is stylistically consistent and nothing makes sense. If you try vanilla again like some of us did the clarity is so obvious.

Many of us do enjoy or will enjoy vanilla far more than current WoW. It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, it's still true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    I agree with this guy's opinion. Even if you mute the video it explains a lot. His level 1 is 1-shotting every mob, rounding up 5 mobs to kill them all at once with no fear of death, doing some silly quest where he puts out fires by throwing water from 40 yards away. Who throws a bucket of water from 40 yards away? The game has gotten to a point where nothing is stylistically consistent and nothing makes sense. If you try vanilla again like some of us did the clarity is so obvious.

Many of us do enjoy or will enjoy vanilla far more than current WoW. It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, it's still true.
    Oh cool some dink did a few quests that were really easy. That MUST be all the game has to offer right? NONE of the quests in Vanilla were REALLY stupid and easy right? Of COURSE not.

Who throws a bucket of water from 40 yards away?
    Who can wield a sword almost twice their size one-handed? (looking at you, Thunderfury)

The game has gotten to a point where nothing is stylistically consistent and nothing makes sense.
    It was "stylistically inconsistent" and "nothing made sense" already back in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh cool some dink did a few quests that were really easy. That MUST be all the game has to offer right? NONE of the quests in Vanilla were REALLY stupid and easy right? Of COURSE not.
    I should have known to wait for your green online circle to go away before I tried to communicate with other human beings. Shoo, go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Who can wield a sword almost twice their size one-handed? (looking at you, Thunderfury)

It was "stylistically inconsistent" and "nothing made sense" already back in Vanilla.
    And you're just as bad, not worth reading TBH.

The anti-legacy peanut gallery is really fast, watching an 18 minute video in less than 4 minutes. Why did I bother trying to share a perspective and trying to communicate on here? My own fault, can't blame you.
    Last edited by Shridevi; 2016-11-01 at 10:48 AM.

I should have known to wait for your green online circle to go away before I tried to communicate with other human beings. Shoo, go away.
    LOL so you can post and hopefully get an echo chamber where a bunch of Nost-drones flock in here to wax nostalgia about the good ol days of earlier this year?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh noes, people are posting holes in my post, I better stick my head in the sand!

Some of them sure, but it has to also be understood that it would be a risk to make those servers happen. If they were to release and be a dumpster fire in a few months with nearly everyone gone then that could really harm retail in the long run.
    Every new business venture carries risk. I am curious as to why you think that Blizzard, with their years' of experience and financial muscle, would release a product that would run the risk of failing within a few months (although it is entirely possible that a few months is all that is needed to turn a profit and make it a success) and how this product's failure would cause harm to another one of their products.

Deleted
    Some of them sure, but it has to also be understood that it would be a risk to make those servers happen.
    Well nothing is without risk, however the risk of opening legacy servers is heavily overstated.

Blizzard is a big company that is very profitable in pretty much every venture they've had, so even if these servers were to crash and burn in the worst possible scenario imaginable here (and that's a big friggin if) it wouldn't leave so much as a tiny dent in Blizzard's finances.

Oh noes, people are posting holes in my post, I better stick my head in the sand!
    Neither of you are picking holes in his post, you're essentially arguing that his opinion of a type of play-style that he finds more enjoyable is incorrect and that your opinion, that it is inferior, is right.

"This guy is picking apart the complaints in my post. Can't argue with it so better just insult him." That is what I get from what you posted. Many things in vanilla "didn't make sense" and were inconsistent from the get-go. You complain how retail "doesn't make sense", yet when it gets pointed out that the vanilla game wasn't much better, you plug your ears and being insulting others.

By the way, if you really need someone else's video to make sense of your post, then yours is the post not worth reading, by the way, if you can't make your case using your own words and arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Neither of you are picking holes in his post, you're essentially arguing that his opinion of a type of play-style that he finds more enjoyable is incorrect and that your opinion, that it is inferior, is right.
    Projection, thy name be @Pann. Seriously, we are not stating our opinion to be 'right'. We're just pointing out how his "arguments" are simply nonsensical.

Every new business venture carries risk. I am curious as to why you think that Blizzard, with their years' of experience and financial muscle, would release a product that would run the risk of failing within a few months (although it is entirely possible that a few months is all that is needed to turn a profit and make it a success) and how this product's failure would cause harm to another one of their products.
    Well considering they have cancelled projects they spent a lot of money on (Titan, Starcraft: Ghost to name two) it should tell you something that they haven't decided to go the route of creating Legacy at this time. Maybe they think it is not worth the money to make happen and would not be a long term success. I mean they have shown with Hearthstone and Overwatch that there is massive money in creating something new so do they REALLY need to take the potential hit to their reputation by redoing Legacy?

And the reason I say Legacy realms COULD impact retail is that if they were to be released and did very poorly it could cause shareholders or the people at Blizz or whomever makes those choices to move funding to other project and out of WoW entirely. We don't know what goes behind the scenes at Blizz so it is just hypotheticals. I mean wouldn't it also seem likely that some people that work on retail WoW would get shuffled off into Legacy to help maintain it? That could have a small impact on retail. Just things like that really.

And then there is the theory that once Legacy happens people start demanding TBC and WotLK down the road and so on and even further fragment the playerbase, that could potentially suck too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Well nothing is without risk, however the risk of opening legacy servers is heavily overstated.

Blizzard is a big company that is very profitable in pretty much every venture they've had, so even if these servers were to crash and burn in the worst possible scenario imaginable here (and that's a big friggin if) it wouldn't leave so much as a tiny dent in Blizzard's finances.
    Again look at the reply I did above this one about the two cancelled projects to show that if they think something wouldn't be good they tend to not do it. No it wouldn't harm their finances but it could cause some other shifts in the company that could suck for retail fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I was pointing out how talking about a few quests which are silly and 1 shotting a bunch of mobs at low level(I assume with heirlooms, I can't be bothered to watch the video) does not mean Vanilla didn't have really stupid/silly quests and the potential to blow up mobs. For example, it is not heirlooms but you could use very high level Vanilla enchants on grey items and deck out a level 1 character in them and destroy mobs with no trouble at all. I had a level 1 bank alt like that for years that was just stupidly overpowered for no reason but my own amusement.

"This guy is picking apart the complaints in my post. Can't argue with it so better just insult him." That is what I get from what you posted. Many things in vanilla "didn't make sense" and were inconsistent from the get-go. You complain how retail "doesn't make sense", yet when it gets pointed out that the vanilla game wasn't much better, you plug your ears and being insulting others.

By the way, if you really need someone else's video to make sense of your post, then yours is the post not worth reading, by the way, if you can't make your case using your own words and arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Projection, thy name be @Pann. Seriously, we are not stating our opinion to be 'right'. We're just pointing out how his "arguments" are simply nonsensical.
    How can I possibly insult someone who can watch an 18 minute video, form an opinion on the video, and write about it all in 4 minutes? That's pretty fast. If I wanted to insult you I'd go after pvp achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Retail game? Cataclysm.
    Friends account - Legions.
    PS - currently.

Oh well, good luck on your crusade against Legacy folks. Blizzard isn't going to hire you BTW, regardless of how you needlessly trash history.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are reading a different book.
    Good luck dude. Blizz isn't going to hire you with your nostalgia bullshit either. So, we're even.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-3VWxn71jU

Doesn't matter if you agree or not, it's still..true? WTF!

I hated vanilla WOW, some of us did. What you say isn't fact. Just opinion. Quit acting like it's fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's not a crusade against Legacy. It's a crusade against the endlessly stupid, repetitive and circular arguments you guys make in favor of it.

Further than that, nobody's looking to get a job at Blizzard by defending against the onslaught of insipid, imaginative and out-right laughable falsities which you guys have been spewing forth with increasing frequency as of late. This isn't a hobby, it's an application of simple critical thinking skills to a popular online debate.
    How the hell can you call someone stupid for liking something? Honestly, if i like a different game and want to play it in a legal way why am I stupid or wrong enlighten me please.

How can I possibly insult
    You wrote, and I quote:

someone who can watch an 18 minute video, form an opinion on the video, and write about it all in 4 minutes? That's pretty fast.
    One: I never claimed to have watched the video. I don't care about the video. Two: the only comment related to the video that I made was me pointing that if you need someone else's arguments to make sense of your post, your post is not worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    How the hell can you call someone stupid for liking something? Honestly, if i like a different game and want to play it in a legal way why am I stupid or wrong enlighten me please.
    He isn't calling people stupid for liking something...It is the method people try and argue these things that he has a problem with. Some of the pro-Legacy people have come up with some of the most batshit crazy 'facts' that weren't true or make shit up to try and argue their point.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    How the hell can you call someone stupid for liking something?
    He's not calling the players stupid. He's calling the arguments stupid. Seriously, it's in the very first line of what you quoted: "It's a crusade against the endlessly stupid, repetitive and circular arguments".

He's not calling the players stupid. He's calling the arguments stupid. Seriously, it's in the very first line of what you quoted: "It's a crusade against the endlessly stupid, repetitive and circular arguments".
    Jesus it is like they aren't even trying today.

I think alot of people get locked into these stupid arguments about which expansion has the best quests/dungeons/raids or whatever.

In my opinion that is just not what wanting legacy is about at all. Let me clarify; I play retail for some months when new content arrives, and I also have used alot of time on private legacy servers over the years.

And both have each of its own qualities: retail has the new, fresh content, it is very accessible and is very fun aslong as you have something todo all the time, but then it gets boring due to lack of proper "mmo community" and you eventually run out of content. It is alot more like a modern online game then the oldschool MMO genre.

Legacy however is much more an old RPG & MMO, where everything isnt as flashy and your character is fairly weak for a long time. But because of this the world becomes a giant, dangerous world where immersion is much easier(in my experience) to achieve, and the whole game is centered around server community, which is a huge part of the MMO genre. This does simply not exist in retail WoW anymore - you do not have to talk to anyone to basically do anything and for the most part you are playing a character that can sweep through enemies like if you are the boss yourself. I end up playing legacy alot simply because of the "community created" content that I almost never see on live.

At the end of the day legacy is about the immersive world and the server community - while retail is about the fresh, fast paced content. It is two different worlds and opening both for their players can also help retain players in the World(of warcraft).

Deleted
    No it wouldn't harm their finances but it could cause some other shifts in the company that could suck for retail fans.
    That's a baseless fear. That's not how projects work and that's not how decisions are being made.

Bringing legacy servers online requires no creative talents as the content is already there, only technical people to make it work on new infrastructure.
    It's not going to pull resources from retail WoW.