Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Leaving M+ punishment

According to the largest study ever conducted on personality disorders (PD) by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), 5.9% of the U.S. population has BPD (Grant et al. 2008) and 6.2% has NPD (Stinson et al. 2008). As some people fit both diagnoses, about 10 percent of the U.S. population has BPD and/or NPD.

Only BPD and NPD are 10% of the population of USA and there are many other disorders which mean you inevitably meet a lot of assholes in the game.

As those people mostly care only about themselves introducing personal punishment (event light) could significantly correct their behavior in the game.

For example, I believe, account wide ban for a week from m+ for people that manually leave m+ or are reported for bad behavior can significantly improve social environment of the game and make the World better place again.

Any other ideas?
    /discuss

UPD: Actually I think better solution would be is to provide more information for PUG leader about people that want to join:

- like how many m+ PUG groups they MANUALLY left recently
    - What they typed in PUG group chats recently (especially before they left and in failed PUG groups)
    - possibility to inspect person in-game before an invite
    - maybe something else
    Last edited by adventurer; 2016-11-01 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it.

You pug it, you risk it.

Reporting opens it up to abuse.

I'm not sure I can think of a completely solid solution to this aside from being able to ignore / blacklist other players individually.

So if someone has something come up in real life they should be punished for leaving a M+ run?

Can we get a mmo-champion ban for people with stupid ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    The website would close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazingly in the game long before mythic+ was the solution to your woes. It's called a friendslist. Good luck.

A perfect solution does not exist. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better solution:

Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Reporting opens it up to abuse.

I'm not sure I can think of a completely solid solution to this aside from being able to ignore / blacklist other players individually.
    Only go as a guild group.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    For example, I believe, account wide ban for a week from m+ for people that manually leave m+ or are reported for bad behaviour can significantly improve social enviroment of the game and make the World better place again.
    That is a perfect plan, considering it's impossible to simulate internet outages.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    According to the largest study ever conducted on personality disorders (PD) by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), 5.9% of the U.S. population has BPD (Grant et al. 2008) and 6.2% has NPD (Stinson et al. 2008). As some people fit both diagnoses, about 10 percent of the U.S. population has BPD and/or NPD.

Only BPD and NPD are 10% of population of USA and there are many other disorders which means you inevitably meet a lot of assholes in the game.

As those people mostly care only about themselves introducing personal punishment (event light) could significantly correct their behaviour in the game.

For example, I believe, account wide ban for a week from m+ for people that manually leave m+ or are reported for bad behaviour can significantly improve social enviroment of the game and make the World better place again.

Any other ideas?
    /discuss
    So they would just.. not manually leave group?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    They'd basically have to run the list of people who respond positively in any thread that can be summed up as "I saw a new race/culture/skin color on the NPC list, can we have them as a subrace now?"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Only go as a guild group.
    I agree, but this doesn't improve anything in the group finding system.

No Thanks, why should I be punished if the tank can't even survive the first pull and only queued as tank because he could get a group? I'm not going to pay 1k gold in repairs because of shitters.

get a DC once, rip M+ for a week

and if you say "only if you leave and not DC" then they'Ll just plug their routers.

if there was a way to fix the leaver problem without leaving room for a lot of abuse it'd be in already

Not a solution to the system but EU dungeon finder is full of premade's ready to boost. I always use them for doing my key with. Not that I need boosting but it's a safer bet that I'll get my key done and 3 chests with no leavers =D

It sucks to get your key depleted because someone leaves, whether through forces beyond their control, or because they're selfish.

There's an easy solution, however: You're not locked to doing Mythic+ with only your key. If you're not being carried through whatever key level you have, find another group looking for members for the key level you want to do. I've saved my key for weekend guild runs, and pugged Mythic+ equal to or higher than my key with ease- and I'm not a tank or healer.

One bad run doesn't screw you for a week.

Not to say anything about the OP's ridiculous conflating of people with a subset of mood disorders with "this is clearly what causes people to be assholes. All people with these disorders are terrible, selfish. Not a single one of them medicates or manages their condition in any way. People without mood disorders aren't selfish jerks, of course. Only people with BPD and NPD." Like, ??????? Just because you're citing sources doesn't mean you understand the data or are applying it in any way that makes sense.

M+ is really punishing if your group loses someone. Your key is dead, you get no loot, and no one will run with you because of it. Had this happen when someone hit go before checking if everyone was attuned to the instance. Had another mythic pug turn into a mythic+ pug that went perfectly fine.

I think a change where your key won't expire if you don't clear the first boss and reset would be good.

Oh not this shit again. WoW is a game, not a medical treatment. Blizzard is a game studio, not a psychologist. There are many reasons to contain the 'assholeness' in game, but the possibility to hurt someone with mental illness, still risking his further health venturing into the internet, is not one.