Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "You haven't done so."

>Mention it every single time a retarded post like yours is made.

HURPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Keep sucking that Squeenix cock. Your dumbass is why they split FF7's remake into 3 fully priced games. So congrats. Enjoy spending that 180 bucks. You've wrought your own dumbass fate.
    Mmm the irony of you calling me childish earlier tastes so good.

P.S. I also think them splitting FF7 into 3 games is pretty stupid. I also like to apply a "wait and see" philosophy before I freak out about stuff. People can actually have different opinions on different topics. Crazy, I know.

Tbh I'll probably take a look at this. My PS2 discs have seen better days because I was a kid back then and never really took good care of them. Plus the other stuff included seems interesting and I mostly play my PS4 a lot nowadays especially with FF15 on it's way. Still busy with finishing up a 100% run on X-2 remaster as well. Wouldn't mind seeing the 13 trilogy coming to PS4 either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Mmm the irony of you calling me childish earlier tastes so good.

P.S. I also think them splitting FF7 into 3 games is pretty stupid. I also like to apply a "wait and see" philosophy before I freak out about stuff. People can actually have different opinions on different topics. Crazy, I know.
    I was a bit on the fence about the remake being split up but I agree wait and see on that one. Tbh I don't think it's possible to mess up FF7. Even the spinoffs weren't bad. Dirge of Cerberus wasn't amazing for example but still decent.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-30 at 11:28 AM.

Whoa! This thread turned hostile real quick.

"You haven't done so."

>Mention it every single time a retarded post like yours is made.

HURPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Keep sucking that Squeenix cock. Your dumbass is why they split FF7's remake into 3 fully priced games. So congrats. Enjoy spending that 180 bucks. You've wrought your own dumbass fate.
    I am pretty sure the reason they split FF7's remake into 3 fully priced games is because the content is actually the size of the 3 fully priced games. The change from the old PS1 games into a fully fledged PS4 game, with the change in aesthetics, graphics quality, gameplay etc is massive. The world of FF7 is massive, and remaking it at that level of quality is a huge undertaking.

No matter which way you look at it, Square-Enix is in a bind. If FF7 is disappointing, people will tell them to go lit themselves on fire. At the same time people has been asking for a remake of FF7 since .. Well, the PS3 era. And if they try to sell it as one game, it will come out so much later and it will mean the company will use a large amount of resources on something not actually making them a lot of money. Potentially not making them that money back at all.

If FF7 is large enough to warrant being sold in pieces, it seems like a logically sound decision to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I am pretty sure the reason they split FF7's remake into 3 fully priced games is because the content is actually the size of the 3 fully priced games. The change from the old PS1 games into a fully fledged PS4 game, with the change in aesthetics, graphics quality, gameplay etc is massive. The world of FF7 is massive, and remaking it at that level of quality is a huge undertaking.

No matter which way you look at it, Square-Enix is in a bind. If FF7 is disappointing, people will tell them to go lit themselves on fire. At the same time people has been asking for a remake of FF7 since .. Well, the PS3 era. And if they try to sell it as one game, it will come out so much later and it will mean the company will use a large amount of resources on something not actually making them a lot of money. Potentially not making them that money back at all.

If FF7 is large enough to warrant being sold in pieces, it seems like a logically sound decision to me.
    But then the question becomes by what metric is it large enough? Because Skyrim was a 60 dollar game at launch that had 100 hours of content easily and people have poured way more time than that into the game. I HIGHLY doubt that 1 episode of FF7 Remake will be even close to 100 hours of unique content. So, the idea that they had to break it into 3 pieces because there's so much content doesn't really hold water when there are examples of other games that have hundreds of hours of content and still made it into one game.

Of course I am still waiting to see how the whole thing will be handled before I make a full judgement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    That's what I wanted not what I expected, and I don't care that I was 10$ off I'm still not going to buy it. So fuck you.
    Congratz never said you had to or anyone else did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I'll probably take a look at this. My PS2 discs have seen better days because I was a kid back then and never really took good care of them. Plus the other stuff included seems interesting and I mostly play my PS4 a lot nowadays especially with FF15 on it's way. Still busy with finishing up a 100% run on X-2 remaster as well. Wouldn't mind seeing the 13 trilogy coming to PS4 either.
    As much as I hated FFXIII if a bundle came to Ps4 I would buy it. I stopped at the first major boss because I couldn't stand the combat system and was annoyed. Ill give it another go if they release a bundle for Ps4 tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thenerdds View Post
    Whoa! This thread turned hostile real quick.
    It happens when people come in saying "Fuck Square Enix and that shit" without any context or reason besides such comments.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    But then the question becomes by what metric is it large enough? Because Skyrim was a 60 dollar game at launch that had 100 hours of content easily and people have poured way more time than that into the game. I HIGHLY doubt that 1 episode of FF7 Remake will be even close to 100 hours of unique content. So, the idea that they had to break it into 3 pieces because there's so much content doesn't really hold water when there are examples of other games that have hundreds of hours of content and still made it into one game.

Of course I am still waiting to see how the whole thing will be handled before I make a full judgement on it.
    Well, it is questionable at best if Skyrim has hundreds of hours of UNIQUE content, but that is just one example. You have several games who has way less than hundreds of hours of content, and is still considered a decent priced AAA game. Uncharted 4 and the Last of Us comes to mind, which are at ... 20 hours each? A game doesn't have to have hundreds of hours of content to justify itself, far from it. And I prefer 20 hours of well thought out content that seems interesting and is well paced, rather than open world content akin to Skyrim, but that is simply a personal preference. Then again, we know very little about the Final Fantasy 7 parts at this point.

The orginal kingdom hearts is 15 years old

the re-release for ps4 gets the next generation into KH

Pretty good timing actually with KH3 on the horizon, I got into the series when I was 10 i think?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Congratz never said you had to or anyone else did.
    then congrats to you for getting butthurt over something completely inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The orginal kingdom hearts is 15 years old

Pretty good timing actually with KH3 on the horizon, I got into the series when I was 10 i think?
    I don't think any 10 year old in 2017 will have the patience to play KH1. Game is the definition of aging poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The original kingdom hearts is 15 years old

Bolded the key word in that post. The original games may be that old, but the the PS3 version is what, just two or three years old now?

While the PS4 remake will still bring new players into the series I have to say it seems much more likely that the PS3 version of the remakes, including those original games, have already brought back most of the old players as well as bringing in most of the new players. Why would the PS4 remaster suddenly bring in large amounts of new players that the PS3 version didn't already bring in?
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-10-31 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Why would the PS4 remaster suddenly bring in large amounts of new players that the PS3 version didn't already bring in?
    Because a large amount of people who own a Ps4 didn't own a Ps3. This is a statement made by both Sony and Naughty Dog when they did The Last of Us remaster.

Hell I know a couple people myself who didn't own a ps3 but owns a ps4.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Because a large amount of people who own a Ps4 didn't own a Ps3. This is a statement made by both Sony and Naughty Dog when they did The Last of Us remaster.

Hell I know a couple people myself who didn't own a ps3 but owns a ps4.
    I guess. Though if people were still interested in the game series and/or the playstation consoles in general I don't see why so many wouldn't have purchased the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I guess. Though if people were still interested in the game series and/or the playstation consoles in general I don't see why so many wouldn't have purchased the system.
    Believe it or not some people mite not know anything or much about this series until the bundle coming up. Then you got the people who missed out on the 3DS/GBA and Psp games. There is many types of gamer's and many reasons why they could have not picked up this series.

It lets new people try it,some try the versions they missed and people like myself who want a all on one disk bundle. Also KH2 came out what 15 years ago. How many do you think was born then but now 15 years later see this series and is interested.

Many reasons people can want this and a few reasons why they don't. I look forward to a all on one disk bundle and will be buying it day 1. If it had a CE I would get that over the basic bundle.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-31 at 04:03 PM.

I haven't played any KH games since 2 came out 10 years ago, but I might just splurge for a ps4 and buy these games in preparation for KH3. My four and 2 year olds love Mickey Mouse, so they might like watching me play with Donald and Goofy all the time.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. It allows me to play the Final MIx Versions of the most memorable games I played throughout childhood. On top of that, I should get at least Birth by Sleep too right?

But, like everyone, else, i'm waiting for them to complete my childhood by releasing 3. I'm tired of them dicking around with it like they have with FF15.

I don't plan on continuing to play Kingdom Hearts after the Xehanort Saga ends. Square can't even keep Final Fantasy coherent when each one has a different universe; I don't expect them to keep KH coherent if it's in the same universe, but a different story arc.

Square has developed the habit of refusing to let shit end. I'm sick of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe it or not some people mite not know anything or much about this series until the bundle coming up. Then you got the people who missed out on the 3DS/GBA and Psp games. There is many types of gamer's and many reasons why they could have not picked up this series.

It lets new people try it,some try the versions they missed and people like myself who want a all on one disk bundle. Also KH2 came out what 15 years ago. How many do you think was born then but now 15 years later see this series and is interested.

Many reasons people can want this and a few reasons why they don't. I look forward to a all on one disk bundle and will be buying it day 1. If it had a CE I would get that over the basic bundle.
    I fall under this boat.

I haven't touched Kingdom Hearts since 2. I refused to buy two handhelds just to play two prequels and two prolouges (BBS, RECoded, 358/2 Days--The Fuck?--and Dream Drop Distance).
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-11-01 at 07:01 PM.

I'm a diehard KH fan but this is pretty fucking ridiculous.

It's at Skyrim levels at this point of "Buy this game for the 4th+ time!"
    Yeah but, you don't really have to. I'm going to because I didn't get 2.5 for the PS3. I really hope all the problems it had are fixed in this.

Considering they said 2017 will have lots of KH news, and then this comes up which is two months after 2.8, I suppose it's safe to say KH3 is coming in 2018-ish?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah but, you don't really have to. I'm going to because I didn't get 2.5 for the PS3. I really hope all the problems it had are fixed in this.

Considering they said 2017 will have lots of KH news, and then this comes up which is two months after 2.8, I suppose it's safe to say KH3 is coming in 2018-ish?
    You're forgetting to account for the additional two months it'll take to make sure future updates install properly

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    You're forgetting to account for the additional two months it'll take to make sure future updates install properly
    Couldn't care less honestly, I just want it in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I fall under this boat.

I haven't touched Kingdom Hearts since 2. I refused to buy two handhelds just to play two prequels and two prolouges (BBS, RECoded, 358/2 Days--The Fuck?--and Dream Drop Distance).
    You could've bought a PS3 when it was current to get 1.5 & 2.5 hd remix without having to buy a handheld for the other games as well since the PS3 version also had the cinematics from the other games.

This is the part I don't get. People say they haven't played KH since such and such years so the PS4 version helps them get back into the game, ignoring the fact that they could've, and still can, get PS3s for dirt cheap along with 1.5 & 2.5 which has been out for a couple of years. Why the big desire to get a PS4 & this remix, but no desire to get a PS3 & that console's version of the same remixes when it came out?
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-11-01 at 09:09 PM.