Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I still like the new template system a lot more than before. PvP should always be about skill. The only upgrade you should get out of it is upgrading your skill through practice.

Random gear with random secondary stats suck though. Can't count the times I've gotten a capes with shit stats.
    The problem with 'it's all about skill' sentiment is that it's never about skill, it's about which 1-3 classes are at the top facerolling everything. It would be about skill if devs understood problems with their own game and acted to balance it. Credit where credt's due -- there's been more changes than throughout all of WoD already --, but the game requires some major sweeping at it's core to make PvP enjoyable again.

Specifically, a squish of HP / Damage / Healing numbers across both pvp and pve to make it so HP and mana are a resource that's spent throughout the fight, not unmoving with a healer anywhere around you, or gone instantly if you get stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    rather the opposite, i like to go into those ffa arenas (most of the time, fuck you darkbrul arena) and some bg's for prestige while i totally ignored pvp last two expansions
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    PVP is by far the best it ever was in WoW, thanks to stat templates.
    I fail to see this.. it doesn't feel fun to get new gear and when i am on a 1 sec cast in world pvp with a Mindblast I get a 1.30 or 1.25 sec cast in pvp it feels slow and weak which casters already are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Ya that's fine. But what if missed one shotting and being one shot? The climb and being at the top? The way every other mmo was designed to be, until this pop culture pc super accessible cash cow clogged up the market. I tried to like it. I wanted to like it. It says it's an mmo. It's just not.
    I kinda agree with this guy.
    I member why I started with PvP:

Back in TBC it was cosmetic reason from start. I liked how that gear looked (played mage).
    Also I needed HP for tanking with mage (high king maulgar), and there was a lot of stamina on PvP gear.
    Then it started to be fun, I get better and even created PvP alt.

It was shit to lvl back then, it was punishing to gear him even more.
    They pissed on me in BG and arenas, but spending those honors on gear, and that feel, that with every item you purchased and paid with your blood you are getting stronger. Yeah, it was totally satisfying feel.

Later I became that destroying monster and meat cleaver, and I rlly enjoyed that.

Now you have stat templates, you cant even play with stats on gear, like I want more versatility, or fuck survivability I go full crit, etc.
    You can have better gear for PvP via PvE, more than ever before.
    PvP and PvE gear should be separated..

Also with versatility, It wasnt as bursty as it is now.
    I also want to buy an item I want, not hope for RNG.

I understand that it can be balanced better with templates, but imagine you have these templates in PvE and it works like in PvP.
    Doesnt matter what stats are on item, higher ilvl is always better, you can have better items for raids by doing arenas and RBGs.

I am enjoying legion so far (raiding and myth+), and due to AP grind I dont have that much time for PvP anyway.
    But as there are no unique gear I would like to have from arena/PvP and its just pure RnG, AND I have better gear for PvP via raiding..
    There is nothing that makes PvP that special.
    It is bursty as fuck now or discipline priests are just trolling you with healing with both schools
    But I do miss old PvP ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    God... You can't call yourself a pvp'er and still take 2-3 hours before you get 10 wins I mean come on. If you don't see yourself as a PvP player then you shouldn't expect the greatest of items for just a little bit of time. I mean PvE players have been saying that for years. If you don't PvE outside of LFR you can't expect the best of gear( no effort, not looking into guides/comps and how to play them how to counter how classes work.)

I'm far from a PvP God, I'm not bad and I'm not great. But it takes me around or under an hour to get those wins.
    At what rating are you playing? Me and my pal only do 2vs2 as there's just two of us. We have about 55% win rate and every game is healer/dps. Ain't no way that's gonna be done in an hour when one game easily takes like 15 minutes.

I wasn't complaining about "not getting free epix" as you get those handed to you from world quests. Doing 2-3 hour of arena for an item that might - OR MIGHT NOT - be an upgrade to you thanks you not being able to actually select the item you get is frustrating. I'm not sure what was so unclear about that. In the past I could just go buy the item I wanted to make sure it was of use.

For example, I had 865ilevel shoulders already but received 860ilevel shoulders last week from the 10 wins quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    At what rating are you playing? Me and my pal only do 2vs2 as there's just two of us. We have about 55% win rate and every game is healer/dps. Ain't no way that's gonna be done in an hour when one game easily takes like 15 minutes.

I wasn't complaining about "not getting free epix" as you get those handed to you from world quests. Doing 2-3 hour of arena for an item that might - OR MIGHT NOT - be an upgrade to you thanks you not being able to actually select the item you get is frustrating. I'm not sure what was so unclear about that. In the past I could just go buy the item I wanted to make sure it was of use.

For example, I had 865ilevel shoulders already but received 860ilevel shoulders last week from the 10 wins quest.
    Why would you pvp for gear anyway? Either you enjoy pvp or you don't. If you enjoy it fuck gear as it doesn't matter for pvp, if you don't just pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Why would you pvp for gear anyway? Either you enjoy pvp or you don't. If you enjoy it fuck gear as it doesn't matter for pvp, if you don't just pve.

Yeah ok. This being a game where character progression is everything and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Yeah ok. This being a game where character progression is everything and all that.
    It's not. Never has been for arena's. You got several weeks and then everyone who cared was in full gear. Endgame pvp had zero progression at the end of any season.

PvE is the gear grind threadmill because it needs to be as most players don't progress in player skill and need character progression to avoid stagnation in raiding. PvP however is not build arround that and it can't be build like that, your opponents are players too and even with progression you ain't getting stronger than your opponents unless the scaling is imbalanced which however is just bad design again.

Because pve players can casual pvp thanks to gear they farm in raids, pvp players have more difficulty to casual pve.

i love pvp, but it has given me zero to little personal satisfaction this x pack...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things that I don't like is that I can't stack a certain stat. I went out of my way to stack versatility on items but when I first jumped into a BG noticed that it dropped me down to 5%.... so the only thing that matters is iLevel and not going out of your way to gear/gem/enchant a certain way?

Deleted
    For me it's feeling 100% at the dev's mercy with every wave of "hotfixes" rolling in. They introduced a MOBA style class system with weaknesses and strenghts, adjust the stats and values way too often for a meta to even form - WITHOUT being able to just go to a character screen and click on something else.

I have the same feeling. And I know why, at least for me. The fact that you can not change your stats to whatever you want to. They took away the freedom how you would like to play your class in pvp. Combined with the fact that there is actually no gear progression in pvp. It makes it really boring. And honor talent grind doesn't make up for it. Especially not since they do not reset anymore.

I would love to change my stats on my priest to full mastery for example, just to try it out. Or full haste or whatever. I loved playing my WL with high stamina in bgs for example. That was something I personally really enjoyed. They should give us the option to change stats for a price to or something you can farm. Like Mark of honor... They are useless anyway currently.
    Last edited by nodq; 2016-11-01 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I win 1 BG and one skirmish a day to get the daily AP token. That's about it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

[QUOTE=Gatsbybutters;43023542]I've pvp'd every expansion since vanilla. Not only does everything just seem "off" in pvp since the 7.0 pre patch, they took away the carrot. The carrot wasn't gear, or cosmetics, or AP, or honor, or talents. The carrot was getting geared up, learning how to play your class, and wrecking noobs./QUOTE]

they took away the carrot
    The carrot wasn't gear, or cosmetics, or AP, or honor, or talents.
    The carrot was getting geared up, learning how to play your class, and wrecking noobs

WAT?

I didn't play for gear or anything really. But PvP was more interesting before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    It's not. Never has been for arena's. You got several weeks and then everyone who cared was in full gear. Endgame pvp had zero progression at the end of any season.

PvE is the gear grind threadmill because it needs to be as most players don't progress in player skill and need character progression to avoid stagnation in raiding. PvP however is not build arround that and it can't be build like that, your opponents are players too and even with progression you ain't getting stronger than your opponents unless the scaling is imbalanced which however is just bad design again.
    It's not a matter of "gear treadmill", blah, blah. It's getting the gear you want, to gear up the way you want, when you want. Not through a rigged RNG luck system with endless dupes - and a stupid goddamned weapon grind in PvE content.

Before Legion, I knew when I'd get whatever next piece I wanted, and the only "dupes" I had (beside the shit that dropped in WoD RNG) were a few pieces that were not exact dupes that I would switch in or out...some were for Destro with Crit/Mast, and others were for Aff with Haste/Mast. I could min/max or build whatever the hell way I wanted if I felt like grinding out more than 16 items. If not I could stay with my standard build.

That's why so many people are fed up. They don't like MOBA in their MMORPG.

Actually players do progress its called CR for titles/mounts/tabards, and once you face teams equal skill lvl even 1% will decide between win or lose a lot of times. However, only very few pvpers can achieve these rewards. Hence, for most pvpers the only carrot was accessing best pvp gear in slot for PvP, this is what they enjoy doing in WoW and they want have best gear for PvP if they put in time and effort to grind up. Majority of pvpers pvp just to get gear and then pwn nubs/undergeared people, this was pretty much the main drive for entire WoW history for rather the larger number of players to pvp.

Also PvP is NOT only arena/RBGs, PvP is also duels, wpvp, casual pvp for which you need gear, so by saying "If you enjoy it fuck gear as it doesn't matter for pvp, if you don't just pve." you are leaving a large part of pvp out, which is kinda of ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    PVP is by far the best it ever was in WoW, thanks to stat templates.
    *lol*

nuff said.

One word: RNG. They decided to make ALL rewards RNG. Because blizzard is too dense to realize the slot machine mentality is only fun for about a month or two, then it just gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the only reason I grind honor at the moment is for the AP and Cosmetic awards at each cap. Though I would like to get into rated PvP but I can't find someone else who we will be willing to team up with a hunter who hasn't already got a 2k rating. :/
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity