Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I agree with the man above 100%!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Yeah, man, that 6-hour grind was just fucking UNBEARABLE.

For WoD and MoP the difference between Honor and CQ gear was, at most, about 12.5% (and that was during MoP, during WoD, it was 9.2% - LESS than the possible variance now)

So... 2-3 times your HP and killing power? Hardly.

So... you're more comfortable with a system that has an even LONGER grind that you cant ever really catch up on? Huh.

I do.

All you try hards and Cancerboxers need to realize that without gear as a carrot, the ladder is dying. The system all the "high rated players" want is garbo for the average player and theyre voting with their feet... and not queueing. At all.

One day, the High Rated Players (HRPs - Herpes!) will realize that they depend on the scrubs at the bottom for the ladder to even be functional, and if there is nothing to motivate the scrubs at the bottom to play...

you dont have a game.

Enjoy that.

You are so right!

- - - Updated - - -

I think pvp gear is indeed a carrote. U play some bgs and get some gear. I understand that all the gladiators out there dont like it. But my hardcore wow time is long over... i now have a hardcore real life time

But logging on, do some bgs and see how your char gets more and more powerful, or could survive more (old days with resiliance) was nice for me as a casual.

A lot ppl in this thread flamed me that i am bad in pvp because i can only kill ungeared players...
    Thats not true, i play full key binded and i know a lot from wow. I play since vanilla and i play pc games since 25 years.

I just like to get the points and buy my gear as part of character progression. I dont understand why some many ppl see it diffrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is 100% wrong.

Artifact weapons increase in ilevel translates into PVP.

Templates are scaled by your highest ilevel.
    At a much smaller percentage than before, and in the weapon slots only.
    Artifact power's influence is from traits, barely any from increased item level.

Gear is only the primary pvp progression once an artifact has at least all its traits.
    And even then significantly reduced.

For WoD and MoP the difference between Honor and CQ gear was, at most, about 12.5% (and that was during MoP, during WoD, it was 9.2% - LESS than the possible variance now)

So... you're more comfortable with a system that has an even LONGER grind that you cant ever really catch up on? Huh.

I do.

All you try hards and Cancerboxers need to realize that without gear as a carrot, the ladder is dying. The system all the "high rated players" want is garbo for the average player and theyre voting with their feet... and not queueing. At all.

One day, the High Rated Players (HRPs - Herpes!) will realize that they depend on the scrubs at the bottom for the ladder to even be functional, and if there is nothing to motivate the scrubs at the bottom to play...

you dont have a game.

Enjoy that.
    That is a problem with them.
    PvP if it is to be held up as some skilled activity needs to remove the gear element.
    Blizzard made some good steps towards that, and some poor ones away from it with artifact progression and to a lesser degree honor talent progression.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-03 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I do.

you dont have a game.

Enjoy that.
    I agree with this 100%. And to be honest, I couldn't give a flying fuck about rated pvp in WoW (same with Mythic raiding), but when bollocks systems get implemented in order to appease primarily the "pros" and fuck my casual game-style, then yeah, I vote with my feet.

Deleted
    I have the feeling that the most ppl here forget, that gear was easy to obtain!
    It was no problem to get pvp gear... everyone had the same gear and even casuals like me could get conquest point gear easy with low-mid rated arena wins.

They ppl act like it was super hard to get pvp gear, that is simply not true! Even for players which came later... that cap was rising so i could grind my cp gear out!

Whats the deal? It was easy and for many players fun. And dont forget the players who not played pve raiding... cp gear was a way to get epics to make your char stronger

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Also: "rpg" means role playing game, not "gear treadmill game" or "math game"
    I think we are playing a different game then, WoW was always been a endless circle of gear grind, both PvP and PvE. For PvE each new raid tier you have to grind new gear to preform the best at end contest in PvP each season you need get new gear as well.

Just of curiosity what is your highest xp in rated arena? Since you believe WoW pvp is not about gear and should not reward gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    absolutly... this an an mmo. i want to earn gear and for pvp i loved my pvp gear farming. it looked nice and gave my char some kind of power even when i was not raiding (never did lfr in my life) so i could do my d quest easy.

as a a casual with every class on max level it was fun to farm gear for me. i never have the time to raid, but i like to play rnd bgs and farm my gear.
    100% agree with you mate, i also dont raid simply because i do not have time due to rlf schedule but i still want to pvp both casual/rated and have a good gear for the time i invest. I am fine with not having mythic PvE gear which is best for both pve/pvp but i do believe people who put their time in pvp should be rewarded for their effort with gear, and the higher you climb the ladder the more unique rewards should be whether it is a title/tabard or highest possible ilvl gear. I do not believe it is fair for some1 to say "ok the ONLY way you can get gear is through raiding" some ppl simply do not enjoy slaying dragons or do not have time for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I think we are playing a different game then, WoW was always been a endless circle of gear grind, both PvP and PvE. For PvE each new raid tier you have to grind new gear to preform the best at end contest in PvP each season you need get new gear as well.

Just of curiosity what is your highest xp in rated arena? Since you believe WoW pvp is not about gear and should not reward gear

- - - Updated - - -

100% agree with you mate, i also dont raid simply because i do not have time due to rlf schedule but i still want to pvp both casual/rated and have a good gear for the time i invest. I am fine with not having mythic PvE gear which is best for both pve/pvp but i do believe people who put their time in pvp should be rewarded for their effort with gear, and the higher you climb the ladder the more unique rewards should be whether it is a title/tabard or highest possible ilvl gear. I do not believe it is fair for some1 to say "ok the ONLY way you can get gear is through raiding" some ppl simply do not enjoy slaying dragons or do not have time for it
    i am glad that i am not alone with my opinion!
    And i am sure there are more players out there who think the same and like easy optainable pvp gear.

when i decided to grind some honor points i knew for what it was good...new gear! That brought me fun in wow pvp.

(And for the haters, i know what real pvp is... i played cs 1.3 up to 1.6. 1.6 i played in the esl mid-high skill. In cs everyone has the same... but wow 10years later is diffrent! So give the casuals and even pros their gear back!)

Deleted
    im getting really mad, can you actually get items that are not cloak and necks??

across my 2 pvp characters, my last 20 or so items have all been necks and cloaks, this new system is frustratingly shit! im getting seriously pissed with this broken shitty system.

i dont care if the gear is just cosmetic, let us choose which bit we want to buy, who had the stupid idea of blizzard of making it random??? how did that even get approved?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im getting really mad, can you actually get items that are not cloak and necks??

across my 2 pvp characters, my last 20 or so items have all been necks and cloaks, this new system is frustratingly shit! im getting seriously pissed with this broken shitty system.

i dont care if the gear is just cosmetic, let us choose which bit we want to buy, who had the stupid idea of blizzard of making it random??? how did that even get approved?
    i know how you feel mate..for past 3 weeks i had 2k + cr in two brackets yet i got 0 elite tier pieces for xmog, all i got were 5 relics and 1 neck (which i vendored) I love how blizzard said they will have a system @ hand to prevent same items being rewarded to players

You basically played pvp to farm other players like trash mobs. Thats your own definition of fun and probably what the majority of the pro-gear people care about.
    Sadly, its only fun on the distributing and not the receiving end and people did not enjoy having a terrible experience just for the sake of grinding. Sure there is still grinding now with art and honor talents but its nowhere near as aggravating as before, at least now you can actually fight and be of use instead of being a trash mob for purple big e-peen players.

Also i'm all for stat choice but pvp gear didn't give you that much freedom of choice. Never seen a full haste or full crit pvp gear. You could only get that through pve content.
    You're right, I mean the pvp sets, but I loved being able to at least gem/stat change/enchant what I wanted, to suit my playstyle. sure the grind was rough when you weren't already geared, but it made you play to the objective - which is much more important than heading to LM on your own and trying a 1v3
    it all had its ups and downs, but in my personal pref I enjoyed the old system. Iv only ever played competitively one season going duelist @2500 rating in 2's - not putting tickets on myself, but this isn't a lack of experience opinion

Deleted
    i know how you feel mate..for past 3 weeks i had 2k + cr in two brackets yet i got 0 elite tier pieces for xmog, all i got were 5 relics and 1 neck (which i vendored) I love how blizzard said they will have a system @ hand to prevent same items being rewarded to players
    i just got the legs after writing that post! finally a new piece!!! now i just need shoulders :\ should take around 3 weeks at this rate

Deleted
    It wasn't a 6 hours grind. It was more like 6 weeks - but not 6 weeks of decent grind. No. 6 weeks of getting roflstomped and winning when you got lucky and an opponent from the arena team got dropped. Cause otherwise you'd have no chance of winning, no matter how good you were - blue gear vs conquest. Even in the lower/lowest brackets - talking like 1200 rating here - my friend and I kept running into them. People with twice our HP, three times our damage. Good luck beating them...What were they doing there? No idea. Don't know, don't care, I'm glad that no longer happens.

6 weeks of bot trains in bgs, 6 weeks of people not following simple rules in battlegrounds, 6 weeks of wanting to stab yourself in the eye rather than joining another bg.

Nah, I'm fine now, thanks. Quite happy upgrading my artifact and getting more stamina from cracking nuts and catching squirrels. It's fine.

Except for...in blue gear, you didn't really get the honor gear either. Tough luck.

I did specify from the beginning that my experience was going in blue gear vs arena teams that had conquest gear. And it didn't matter how bad they were or how many mistakes they made, they still won, because they were carried by gear. I prefer having a fighting chance now.

I'm more comfortable with fighting opponents in similar gear and being able to deal with that "grind" by doing anything, from pve to pvp, from 5 people instances to raid finder and world pvp. MUCH MORE comfortable.

In MoP and WoD, I couldn't win a damn thing as I started really late. In Legion, I win most of the duels/bgs/outdoor fights. No, I didn't become a ninja overnight, I simply am fighting opponents in SIMILAR gear. I'll take that anytime of the day. And it doesn't REALLY matter whether they've been grinding 100 instances/arenas per day or 10 - we're still close.

All you try hards and Cancerboxers need to realize that without gear as a carrot, the ladder is dying.
    What you ebola girls need to understand is that we - the vast majority of the players, falling somewhere between casual and hardcore - don't give a flying fuck about your imaginary "ladder". Just quit - see if anyone cares.

I don't give a damn about the bottom or the top. I give a damn about not getting one shot by someone who simply has no life and spends 16 hours/day in rbgs or arenas. I'm fine with what he's doing. I'm not fine with those players one shotting me because ... gear.

you dont have a game. Enjoy that.
    My game is fine and I'm enjoying it. If you don't, quit. See you.
    Last edited by mmoc3366e931df; 2016-11-04 at 12:19 AM.

i just got the legs after writing that post! finally a new piece!!! now i just need shoulders :\ should take around 3 weeks at this rate
    nice congrats mate! I just want Gloves/Helm/Shoulders but shrugs... i doubt ill get them before season is over lol, ud think 7 weeks would enough :P

Congrats mate once again =)

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    It wasn't a 6 hours grind.
    Actually, for all of WoD, it was literally six hours of not even PvPing. Seriously. To be 9.2% behind full conquest gear. I did it five times on alts. At most, it took eight hours once, because that particular instance of Ashran was actually busy.

It was more like 6 weeks - but not 6 weeks of decent grind. No. 6 weeks of getting roflstomped and winning when you got lucky and an opponent from the arena team got dropped. Cause otherwise you'd have no chance of winning, no matter how good you were - blue gear vs conquest.
    Blue gear vs conquest was a 9.2% difference.

Even in the lower/lowest brackets - talking like 1200 rating here - my friend and I kept running into them. People with twice our HP, three times our damage.
    Except you didn't because that isn't even mathematically possible. You were scaled UP to the level just below the green starter PvP gear even if you were in white items. About a 25% difference. Not "twice your HP and three times your damage". What you're doing is called lying.

Good luck beating them...What were they doing there? No idea. Don't know, don't care, I'm glad that no longer happens.
    No, instead you queue into a team that has full Honor talents, about a 5.5% gear differential, AND 19-25% more Stam than you, plus dozens of artifact traits you dont have.

It is, quite literally, WORSE.

6 weeks of bot trains in bgs, 6 weeks of people not following simple rules in battlegrounds, 6 weeks of wanting to stab yourself in the eye rather than joining another bg.
    So.. because you were too foolish to spend six hours in Ashran PvEing mobs for Artifact Fragments, that is somehow the system's fault? Uh, no. Thats YOUR fault.

Nah, I'm fine now, thanks. Quite happy upgrading my artifact and getting more stamina from cracking nuts and catching squirrels. It's fine.
    Right... and six months from now youll have a completed artifact. Maybe. In the previous system, you'd have been fully Honor geared and within 9% of the guys in FULL CQ gear in six hours.

Except for...in blue gear, you didn't really get the honor gear either. Tough luck.
    You didnt even have to PvP to get full honor gear. Not one single attack on another player. Seriously.

I did specify from the beginning that my experience was going in blue gear vs arena teams that had conquest gear. And it didn't matter how bad they were or how many mistakes they made, they still won, because they were carried by gear. I prefer having a fighting chance now.
    But you dont... because as a new 110, you're behind in Artifact (MONTHS behind) and Honor talents that take FAR longer to get than a full set of Honor gear, AND there is still a gear differential of up to 11% (mind, 6-7.5% is more likely, as it would take a LOT of Titanforging to get to 11% - at least until Nighthold hits).

I'm more comfortable with fighting opponents in similar gear and being able to deal with that "grind" by doing anything, from pve to pvp, from 5 people instances to raid finder and world pvp. MUCH MORE comfortable.

In MoP and WoD, I couldn't win a damn thing as I started really late
    Again.. your fault, not the system's fault. There were mechanics in both expansions that let you get a full set of Honor gear in mere hours without even having to PvP. Honor gear was NOT that far behind CQ gear (and hadn't been uh... ever. In TBC, LK, and Cata, Honor was one "Tier" behind CQ - 12 iLevels in TBC and LK, 15 in later xpacs) - less than 10%.

. In Legion, I win most of the duels/bgs/outdoor fights.
    Where you're being carried by your gear because the stat templates do not apply and all of your PvE gear works exactly like it should in PvE.

No, I didn't become a ninja overnight, I simply am fighting opponents in SIMILAR gear. I'll take that anytime of the day. And it doesn't REALLY matter whether they've been grinding 100 instances/arenas per day or 10 - we're still close.
    No, you're not, because in wPvP (which includes duels) the full iLevel of your gear matters and your stats are 100% determined by your gear, not the templates so if you have gear even 15 iLevels better than the other guy, you're farther ahead of him than CQ gear was ahead of Honor gear previously.

Math... it is r hard.

What you ebola girls need to understand is that we - the vast majority of the players, falling somewhere between casual and hardcore - don't give a flying fuck about your imaginary "ladder". Just quit - see if anyone cares.
    You might want to go back and read. Im not on the ladder (and never have been - ever - i detest Arena). But without the carrot (being able to log in, do a random BG, make some progress on getting gear, log out), i have quite literally not stepped foot into a BG this xpac.. at all. There's no incentive - particularly random BGs. It literally CANNOT help me progress my character, as the best gear that can drop from Randos is ... 840. Im at 860 just from World Quests (also not a single Mythic dungeon, let alone Mythic +, to my name yet, though that will hopefully change with my work slowing down after this weekend).

So.. i dont do them. That's the point. MMOs are about character progression, and there is none in PvP anymore, at least none that cant be both more easily attained in PvE (World Quests), and is BETTER from PvE because ANY person can earn it, whereas with a "you can only get above 840 on the Ladder" (whereas previously you could obtain the CQ cap from doing Two BG wins a day (First Win bonus + One other win) and eventually get CQ gear) system as we have now...

The scrubs (like you and I) realize that since mathematically only 15% of players can EVER get above 840 gear..

why should we even bother?

I don't give a damn about the bottom or the top. I give a damn about not getting one shot by someone who simply has no life and spends 16 hours/day in rbgs or arenas. I'm fine with what he's doing. I'm not fine with those players one shotting me because ... gear.

My game is fine and I'm enjoying it. If you don't, quit. See you.
    Reading comprehension hard, i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Nope this is wrong.

In WoD there were two scaling systems:

1.a In instanced PVP gear lowly geared players were scaled up (which happens now in Legion).
    1.b There was a upper hard cap in instanced PVP.

In Legion they removed 1.b,, so there is no hard ceiling cap for gear. Only thing slowing down higher level gear is the PVP stat template but again it is leading to increased level of power.

2. PVP geared scaled up in world PVP to compete against a player in full PVE gear.

That is no longer the case as there is no scaling in world PVP and the PVP template does not work in world PVP either. Only honor talents work and it requires you are attacked first or engaged in PVP combat to activate.
    What you're saying is that pvp gear would scale up when attacked, so that it went up 30 ilvls, you're pretending like that was a good thing. It made it so when trying to do pve shit, you were gimped, and if someone attacked you, you'd scale up to what a a combo heroic/mythic raiders Ilvl would be. Now you get gear equal to heroic and mythic gear period based on your rank. If your rank is shit, your gear wont be as good... but shit at 1700 you're gettin 865 gear, so it's not hard to get equal gear at all, and it all has a chance to warforge/titanforge. So 1.A. is kind of just grasping at straws at this point. 1.B. you say that they hard an upper hard cap. The only upper hard cap I knew about was how high your pvp gear would go when in the pvp arena/rbg/bg.... so that's not a hard cap, that's a gear cap. Which is what we have now. f

Yeah gear scaled to a certain point before in WoD, but that's exactly what's happening with Legion too...

I'm seriously confused as to what your point really is, since you're complaining about ilvl that still are there, just not reactionary ilvls on pvp gear now.

-snip-
    I agree with you mate, gearing took 2 days (for me) of chilled pvp in rated 2s and couple ashrans and my alt was in full conquest,which was 100% on equal footing as ppl @ 3kcr, which was 10000 times faster than now, people who say PvP is more equal at entree level, well dont pvp at all.

In regards of being 1 shot by ppl in conquest vs being in honor blues. Yes ilvl difference was there, but you would not get 1 shot, in fact my 2 scrub mates (they are decent actually :P ) they were 2.2k cr in rated 2s as Hunter/Rdrood in blues after 1 week of hitting lvl 100. So gear was not an issue if you ran a good comp/ knew what you are doing.

Bottom point people write they want PvP to be a bout skill 100% and not the gear, well WoD was as close as it came in WoW history making PvP about skill 100% and not the grind/gear, now however if ppl grind more time they will have advantage over people who dont play as much. So i honestly confused when i see people write that current pvp system provides the MOST equal ground in pvp than it ever was in WoW making it about Skill and not the gear as it was in the past... like wtf lol ?

Deleted
    what are you guys talking about... what do you mean with 6 weeks??? 1 bg a day, then you need 6 weeks... in wod you got pvp gear, greens that got scaled so you were no one hit.
    it took me a weekend to gear a toon with honor gear. and plz dont forget the cp cap, it was rising!! so it was an easy grind with arena games or even ashran. there was no gear grind with 6 week involved... why are you guy referring to this crap? its simply not true!?

since wotlk honor gear (after a season it was epic) was NO 6 WEEKS grind! it was a weekend! and since ashran the CP gring was very fast too!

- - - Updated - - -

that ia another issue i absolutly not like... for me it does not really look like rng! it looks like manipulating the pseudo rnd.

Deleted

I do.

you dont have a game.

Enjoy that.

I though you said you could gear up very fast? If that is the case, how would that be a sustainable carrot to maintain the ladder? You seem to use buzzwords for no reason, nobody cares about ladder collapse, doesn't mean anything in this discussion.

Also nice job on starting insults already, didn't take you long to be stuck against a wall and start to angrily vomit at people rofl

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you mate, gearing took 2 days (for me) of chilled pvp in rated 2s and couple ashrans and my alt was in full conquest,which was 100% on equal footing as ppl @ 3kcr, which was 10000 times faster than now, people who say PvP is more equal at entree level, well dont pvp at all.

In regards of being 1 shot by ppl in conquest vs being in honor blues. Yes ilvl difference was there, but you would not get 1 shot, in fact my 2 scrub mates (they are decent actually :P ) they were 2.2k cr in rated 2s as Hunter/Rdrood in blues after 1 week of hitting lvl 100. So gear was not an issue if you ran a good comp/ knew what you are doing.

Bottom point people write they want PvP to be a bout skill 100% and not the gear, well WoD was as close as it came in WoW history making PvP about skill 100% and not the grind/gear, now however if ppl grind more time they will have advantage over people who dont play as much. So i honestly confused when i see people write that current pvp system provides the MOST equal ground in pvp than it ever was in WoW making it about Skill and not the gear as it was in the past... like wtf lol ?

There is no 100% skill ever in this game. What you people fail to realize (on purpose maybe) is that gear doesn't fix class unbalance. Gear doesn't fix stupid mechanics, gear doesn't fix the CC fest that this game is. You guys are targeting the wrong issues with pvp and just end up looking as just wanting your precious carrot with those rose tinted glasses of the glorious WoD pvp. We all know how good pvp has been since cataclysm right?

Deleted
    I never said this. I said its fun to grind honor and buy gear at the pvp seller

I though you said you could gear up very fast?
    I said acquiring Honor gear was quick. Honor gear is not Conquest gear. Conquest gear, particularly for those who cant break ~1900 rating (or dont participate in Rated PvP at all), is time consuming to acquire (though i wouldnt say "grind", as it is time-gated by weekly point caps, not grinding). It's a carrot for the casual PvPer to come home, log in, and make some progress towards a new piece of gear.

If that is the case, how would that be a sustainable carrot to maintain the ladder?
    Reading comprehension not your thing? Seems to be going around around here.

You seem to use buzzwords for no reason,
    Im using real terms for good reasons. Learn to read?

nobody cares about ladder collapse,
    The pages of QQ threads about queue times skyrocketing and people not being able to break 2k rating when they "used to be a 2400+ player" would tend to discount that.

doesn't mean anything in this discussion.
    Since this was a discussion about bringing an actual character-progressing reward system back to PvP in order to encourage the droves of people who dont eve queue anymore for Randos to get back into it... yeah, its pretty fucking relevant.

Also nice job on starting insults already, didn't take you long to be stuck against a wall and start to angrily vomit at people rofl
    Are you, perchance, one of those SJW-types who gets overly offended at everything and inherently doesn't understand off-color humor? If i wanted to dis on the hardcore PvPers, i would use a lot worse terms than a play-on-words from an abbreviation.

Deleted
    The guy above is right! And for casual player, even the pvp casual player the carrot is gone. And without the carrot there is no reason to play good rnd bgs. Its sad for me

I want my pvp gear back!

- - - Updated - - -

I said acquiring Honor gear was quick. Honor gear is not Conquest gear. Conquest gear, particularly for those who cant break ~1900 rating (or dont participate in Rated PvP at all), is time consuming to acquire (though i wouldnt say "grind", as it is time-gated by weekly point caps, not grinding). It's a carrot for the casual PvPer to come home, log in, and make some progress towards a new piece of gear.

Reading comprehension not your thing? Seems to be going around around here.

Im using real terms for good reasons. Learn to read?

The pages of QQ threads about queue times skyrocketing and people not being able to break 2k rating when they "used to be a 2400+ player" would tend to discount that.

Since this was a discussion about bringing an actual character-progressing reward system back to PvP in order to encourage the droves of people who dont eve queue anymore for Randos to get back into it... yeah, its pretty fucking relevant.

Are you, perchance, one of those SJW-types who gets overly offended at everything and inherently doesn't understand off-color humor? If i wanted to dis on the hardcore PvPers, i would use a lot worse terms than a play-on-words from an abbreviation.
    This is very true!