Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I love this thread for its entertainment value.

Its a great way to have a few laughs and giggles watching people embarrass themselves presenting 'ideas' - without realising the even-worse can-of-worms and huge levels of abuse that'd also come with their special snowflake suggestion.

Thankyou to all contributors so far.
    It's called brainstorming. You should look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It's called brainstorming. You should look it up.
    No. What you're 'brainstorming' here is how to design a door without realising there's no lock. Thats the joke.

Don't pug or accept the risks.

So now I'm up to 120 or so runs, and I can't say I've ever had anyone leave mid-run. Is this actually a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    So now I'm up to 120 or so runs, and I can't say I've ever had anyone leave mid-run. Is this actually a problem?
    Ahh, the old "hasn't happened to me so it can't be a problem" idiotic post emerges.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just quit a run where the tank threw a fit.
    Didn't drop mind you.

He'd pull a pack, leave 2-3 mobs still alive and run to the next one.
    Threw a bitch fit because we had to go back to kill an additional pack because his shitty pulling aggroed another pack ( one of the leftovers pulled).

He said "wtf?" and went afk.
    Soo..we get fucked because of princess.

Sure, we can ignore him and never party with him again.
    But we still need to leave.

Do we get punished on account of this crappy warrior tank?
    Last edited by Mil Mascaras; 2016-11-03 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Okay, now the high level mythic+ strats involve swapping out players for bosses and trash. Who gets the achievement? The person there for just the boss kills, or the person there for trash? Both?

Also, does the same thing happen if you get kicked? Because then I can get my group of 4 guildies, pug some guy to do a +10 with us, kick him before the last boss, invite someone else who paid us and have him just in for the last boss.
    I do think the elegant answer is going to be a way that it isn't punishing to the group if someone leaves rather than punishing that person.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    its not a problem if you dont run them with morons.

problem solver : people should run with friends not in pugs - here you go all problem solved

IMO they should just allow you to invite someone if the player leaves. If a player gets kicked though, then you can't invite someone.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    Only BPD and NPD are 10% of the population of USA and there are many other disorders which mean you inevitably meet a lot of assholes in the game.
    Indeed. For example people who try to ascribe serious mental health problems to people who leave a dungeon in a video game.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

If your the first member to leave a 5 man mythic BEFORE the timer is up - You should not get a weekly bonus chest in your Order Hall

Jus Sayin

Stop pugging, join a guild.

autism is killing this game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP, I like the idea of seeing how many they have left recently. Also, a deserterror debuff would make sense, but a week ban is a silly punishment. Personal time invested has to always be taken into account. People shouldn't try doing content they're not ready for in a pug
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    M+_has_a_timer_to_beat.
    But what about the cases where the group happens to suck and the key would be depleted anyway? For example you get stuck on the last boss and someone rage quits. Would be cool to invite someone to finish that run and at least get something out of it instead of running the dungeon for 45min only to get repair costs.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    nah
    Nah.

People think they have mind blowing ideas on what punishments to give to people but in reality, they would never even be considered.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofisdead View Post
    So if someone has something come up in real life they should be punished for leaving a M+ run?
    Nope. However how often does that really happens ? Be honest.
    Main reason why people leave a m+ (my experience) is if we end up not being able to get 3 boxes. I have tried that 2-3 times now, and it is really stupid.
    So what I have done is just to put leavers on my ignore list. I don't have many on it, so if I'm making a group in just checking out the list so I don't invite those tards again.

However there should be some sort of punishment for leavers. Something like not being able to join M+ for some hours. If they have to leave because of some emergency, then they wont be able to sit down and do M+ anyway for some hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I joined a group the other day and the guy leading the group, who used his own key, left literally right after starting.

Didn't say anything beyond the initial hellos of the group. Then he did a ready check, everyone was ready, activated his keystone... Then just left the group.

Weirdest thing I ever saw in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Stop pugging, join a guild.
    What people don't seem to get is mythics and mythic+ is meant as a tool to bridge the gap between the solo players and the guilded players.

If there's no way for the guildless out there to make friends/connections and move into guilds, then the guilded population can only continue to shrink. And no, cesspool guilds are not the same as guilds that actually run organized content.

The goal is that by making content that's only mildly difficult but can't be queue'd, players will pug, make connections, join guilds, and get out of the solo/cesspool world.

I kinda thought all this was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    What people don't seem to get is mythics and mythic+ is meant as a tool to bridge the gap between the solo players and the guilded players.
    exept its not

its meant as alternative content to raiding for organized guild group - just like hc/mythic is not meant to be pugged so is mythic + - just because people pug it it doesnt mean blizzard intends masses to do it - if they did they would put it into automating que system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    exept its not

its meant as alternative content to raiding for organized guild group - just like hc/mythic is not meant to be pugged so is mythic + - just because people pug it it doesnt mean blizzard intends masses to do it - if they did they would put it into automating que system.
    Semi-agree, it does not require a guild, it requires capable players at higher levels and that is not determined by being in a guild.

Having a solid friendlist of capable players works just as well as having a guild if not better as you can gather people crossrealm.