Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Already bored of legion..

I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN, rated pvp weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now. Stopped doing the emissary for 2 of the 4 characters, stopped doing LFR/normals EN, and never planning to run karazhan ever again.

Is this a case of burnout? Do you guys see yourself playing the game less and less? Am I just tired of the grind legion provides (repeatable WQ/mythic+/etc)?

This is the same thing that happened in WoD as well. I stopped playing after a month in, but a lot faster (after the release of normal/heroic high maul raid).
    Last edited by freqs; 2016-11-04 at 07:31 AM.

I'm in the same boat. It's definitely burnout for me. I play DH Tank as my main, and I'm somewhat considering swapping classes but I don't really like the other tanks, and I also think this two different stat priorities based on what your doing is stupid, cause I need to go a certain way for raid tanking atm, but I'm almost 99% sure it will go to the other priority once the tier becomes available.

I got 2 other 110s, relatively geared, but I can't be bothered playing them anymore. I can't be bothered doing any more m+ after doing over 100 of them. I'm pretty much exclusively down to just doing raids now myself, and only do emissary on my main when I can be bothered & only do emissary quests obviously.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen plenty of people talk about the "legion grind" yet Legion offers the most gameplay options and the LEAST repeatable content at max level that WoW ever has.

10+ Year Old Account
    That does sound like a case of being burned out, not much to do about it, either cut back on your play time or just quit.

There are alot of other great games out there to spend time or many other things in general.

You definitely played too much. You shouldn't have done so much of the same stuff on every character. There was no need to go to that kind of extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard is it for people to realize that if they invest their entire life into a game and spend most of their waking hours in it for months on end, they'd start getting bored of it.

You probably would have enjoyed yourself a lot more if you focused on a single character, played a couple hours a day, did your emissary when you felt like it, and just simply enjoyed yourself. I've managed to get a character above 870, Pathfinder, done Kara, and two 25+ artifact weapons doing just that, and I'm having a blast still playing the game, excited for more.

I'm reaching that point too. I'll probably keep raidlogging for the socialization once a week though. I've started playing Skyrim again since it released on the PS4 and playing that game reminds me what a truly bad RPG WoW has become. It plays more like an ARPG or MOBA or something like that.

I dont know what you expected. You played one game for 10 hours daily for almost 1-2 month. Money well spent id say. I mean doing 3xEN weekly on 4 chars + that wq stuff is just asking for it xD. You cant expect wow to give limitless fun.

That being said. I played alot too, not as much as you, and cutting a bit back doesnt hirt at all!
    made by Shyama

I'm prepared to go back to LoL. Somehow league has captivated me for the past 5 years (I took a break after legion launched). Its the same exact game, but with different champions/players. Maybe its the MMR grind in league that keeps things interesting.

Maybe if you had a job you wouldn't get so burnt out ? Or maybe go outside.

I've had it with posts like these. Developers aren't super humans that can automatically create and keep creating content for the people who milk the game so much that they make every farmer on this planet jealous. If you want to enjoy the game maybe go slower and do something else with your free time damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by freqs View Post
    I'm prepared to go back to LoL. Somehow league has captivated me for the past 5 years (I took a break after legion launched). Its the same exact game, but with different champions/players. Maybe its the MMR grind in league that keeps things interesting.
    LoL is "the same exact game" as WoW? No, it's not. Not even slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    LoL is "the same exact game" as WoW? No, it's not. Not even slightly.
    I meant exact same map in LoL. Summoner's rift.

Look, don't log in for a couple days and see how you'll feel. You'll answer your own question.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freqs View Post
    I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now. Stopped doing the emissary for 2 of the 4 characters, stopped doing LFR/normals EN, and never planning to run karazhan ever again.

Is this a case of burnout? Do you guys see yourself playing the game less and less? Am I just tired of the grind legion provides (repeatable WQ/mythic+/etc)?

This is the same thing that happened in WoD as well. I stopped playing after a month in, but a lot faster (after the release of normal/heroic high maul raid).
    4 alts at level 110 with 860 ilvl. Cache, raids and etc on every character. 10+hours every day? And you wonder why you burn out?

I have one character at 868, skip LFR because fuck that shit, do the four "required" world quests when needed so I dont "lose" a chest by overcapping the emissary limit. Run 2 raids a week for 3 hours. Im still loving it and I have definatly not tapped the legion content yet.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2016-11-04 at 07:31 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I've seen plenty of people talk about the "legion grind" yet Legion offers the most gameplay options and the LEAST repeatable content at max level that WoW ever has.
    That's a joke. Legion is entirely made up of grind and farm, and there is actually not a lot of content (more than WoD, obviously).
    It's just disguised as Artefact Points farm and dailies. It still feels more like a facebook game than an open world with things happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I'm reaching that point too. I'll probably keep raidlogging for the socialization once a week though. I've started playing Skyrim again since it released on the PS4 and playing that game reminds me what a truly bad RPG WoW has become. It plays more like an ARPG or MOBA or something like that.
    Or.. Or maybe.. It plays like.. An.. MMORPG..? :O

I hit exalted with every faction weeks ago and I'm not burnt out.. actually it's great because now I don't need to do every WQ quests because I don't need the rep.. I have ahead of the curve.. I'm outgeared for heroic.. life is great.

It's not hard to burn yourself out of any game. I play pretty often and true, Legion is quite the grind. It also offers a huge, diverse variety of gameplay that I personally do not find too repeatable. Sure, the expansion isn't too alt-friendly at this stage (wait till the catch-up mechanics start kicking in) but I rotate off doing other activities in-game (twink PvP, arena grinding, leveling with friends ect.) as well as getting myself back into the swing of console gaming with the same friends. It's all on how you pace yourself.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    4 alts at level 110 with 860 ilvl. Cache, raids and etc on every character. 10+hours every day? And you wonder why you burn out?

I have one character at 868, skip LFR because fuck that shit, do the four "required" world quests when needed so I dont "lose" a chest by overcapping the emissary limit. Run 2 raids a week for 3 hours. Im still loving it and I have definatly not tapped the legion content yet.
    10 was an exaggeration. It's closer to 5-7.