Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    4 alts at level 110 with 860 ilvl. Cache, raids and etc on every character. 10+hours every day? And you wonder why you burn out?

I have one character at 868, skip LFR because fuck that shit, do the four "required" world quests when needed so I dont "lose" a chest by overcapping the emissary limit. Run 2 raids a week for 3 hours. Im still loving it and I have definatly not tapped the legion content yet.
    this/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I hit exalted with every faction weeks ago and I'm not burnt out.. actually it's great because now I don't need to do every WQ quests because I don't need the rep.. I have ahead of the curve.. I'm outgeared for heroic.. life is great.
    I honestly never felt a need to do every world quest, the rewards from getting exhalted isn't worth the extra effort. I just rely on the 1500 rep every day to get up there.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by freqs View Post
    I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN, rated pvp weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now.
    So you played like a maniac and now you're bored. How surprising!

10+ Year Old Account
    10 was an exaggeration. It's closer to 5-7.
    Still a huge amount in my opinion. 5-7 hours is like WoW is your (almost) full time job. Make it half that, and not absolutly every day and you probably will experience much less burnout.

I still see new world quests that I haven't done occationally even, since I never fully clear all of them. Just limit yourself to 2 hours every day maximum, one dungeon and maybe just raid on one of your characters.

It is literally impossible for blizzard to churn out enough content for the super-insane-grinding players.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2016-11-04 at 07:38 AM.

Doing every listed activity on every char, every day, playing 10 hours a day? And you are wondering why are you tired of this ? Are you serious ?

You know there are other games, right ? Focus on one char in WoW, play other games for the time you would have spent playing other chars. Worked perfectly for me in other expansions !

Or just go outside.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Deleted
    Where the hell do you get more than 8 hours a day? I'm glad that I find 2 or 3 hours to play and there are alot of days I don't find the time to log in.
    If you play that much each day its quite normal for you to feel burned out in the game tbh. It ain't meant to be played that much. Fuck...I can't even call it healthy.
    Everyone his own choice ofc. But mostly life doesn't give most people the time to play over 8 hours a day. So it ain't made for that....at all.

Deleted
    It's Grindy, alt unfriendly, and require tons of time

Deleted
    Exert some selfcontrol in playing and play less/grind less

I'm just mostly raid logging at this point. Mythic progression is the only thing keeping me playing the game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    I'm just mostly raid logging at this point. Mythic progression is the only thing keeping me playing the game now.
    That pretty much means: You played way to many hours up untill now, and you "finished" the game. Even MMO's is going to have an "end", where you complete all content and got nothing more to do unless your into stuff like gathering pets or getting achivements.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Or.. Or maybe.. It plays like.. An.. MMORPG..? :O
    Maybe, maybe the earlier versions of WoW didn't play like MMORPGs and the later ones actually did. If so I'm glad it played more like an RPG for at least a portion of its life span

I suppose if you're a WoW vet and in a really good group, you can blow through content easily and quickly and get bored. This would happen in any game though, I think.

I'm new to WoW with Legion, and in a very small casual guild with mostly friends. We're working on a building a group just to do normal EN and haven't even touched mythic+ or Karazhan yet, crazy as that may seem to some of you more hardcore players. I have plenty of MMO experience though, having played LotRO, ESO, FFXIV, Rift, SWTOR to name a few. Raided and did pretty much all of the content in all of them. Because of my current position in WoW, I have a lot to look forward to. I'm excited to get through Normal EN with my guild and try our hand at Heroic, although I doubt Mythic will happen unless we seriously step it up. I also want to see how far I can get in mythic+ dungeons. I may be a special case in this regard, as most people are probably in well established guilds that have been running together for years.

Either way, it all boils down to perspective and your environment and history. Any game can get boring if you're not being challenged or you've done it all already.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's a joke. Legion is entirely made up of grind and farm, and there is actually not a lot of content (more than WoD, obviously).
    It's just disguised as Artefact Points farm and dailies. It still feels more like a facebook game than an open world with things happening.
    So your entire endgame is just WQ? You skip everything else?

After 12 years of playing Legion has actually got far more to do at max level than any other expansion at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Maybe, maybe the earlier versions of WoW didn't play like MMORPGs and the later ones actually did. If so I'm glad it played more like an RPG for at least a portion of its life span
    It's always played like an MMO, it's just that earlier most players (me included) we're younger and unexperienced so everything took more time and everything was more mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    That pretty much means: You played way to many hours up untill now, and you "finished" the game. Even MMO's is going to have an "end", where you complete all content and got nothing more to do unless your into stuff like gathering pets or getting achivements.
    How do you know how many hours i've played?

- - - Updated - - -

It's always played like an MMO, it's just that earlier most players (me included) we're younger and unexperienced so everything took more time and everything was more mysterious.
    You seem to be projecting your experiences onto everyone else. For some reason you're assuming that the majority of the playerbase was as young and inexpierenced with MMOs as you were when you first started playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    So your entire endgame is just WQ? You skip everything else?

After 12 years of playing Legion has actually got far more to do at max level than any other expansion at launch.
    sure but alot of them are just recycled contents, Blizzard sure has gotten good at these.

Also this is by far the worst expansion for alts and late players. I'm still stuck on the class hall timer for 2 legendary and will be for a long time, how are you suppose to compete if you started the game late?

Then they buffed frost and leave unholy dk to die, I have 0 relics, 0 legendary, and no artifacts for frost. The way how this expansion works is just bad
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-11-04 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Maybe if you had a job you wouldn't get so burnt out ? Or maybe go outside.
    That is the worst part. You can actually work 8 hours a day and then play 8 hours a day for a wooping 16 hours in front of a PC screen (if you work in front of a screen that is). Here in Norway we work 8am to 4pm. Leaving you many hours of playing unless you have responsabilities etc. Nolifing like crazy. Hopefully I am not there anymore not a healthy lifestyle.

OT: I got burned as well just with 3 lvl110. The grind was too much to handle for me.

And because the game actually was more mysterious and took more time. But more importantly it had its quirks and a lot of depth to character customization and progression which in my mind are the most important parts of an RPG. Streamlining, balancing and lack of adventure may be good for accessibility and making sure you have the exact same experience no matter what choices you make but it kills some of the fun and immersion.
    Doing a 4 hour run in BRD for the low chance of getting that trinket you know you'll be using for months was a lot more enjoyable to me than trying to run through a mythic+ dungeon in as little time as possible for a reward that might be replaced tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by korsakof View Post
    Where the hell do you get more than 8 hours a day? I'm glad that I find 2 or 3 hours to play and there are alot of days I don't find the time to log in.
    If you play that much each day its quite normal for you to feel burned out in the game tbh. It ain't meant to be played that much. Fuck...I can't even call it healthy.
    Everyone his own choice ofc. But mostly life doesn't give most people the time to play over 8 hours a day. So it ain't made for that....at all.
    I was able to play like 6-7 hours every day back in Cata/MoP and I did have a fulltime job. But when the job is a 15 min walk away, you save a lot of time there. Simple dinner, throw in some housework every now and then, friday was my cleaning day... I agree, however, it isn't healthy. I can play like 12+ hours every day now if I so choose, but I don't, because I'm not insane

Yes, OP, of couse you are bored with Legion, you are playing too much. Make WoW your reward, not obligation. I mean, do some housework, work out, go out, whatever, before you play, rather than focusing too much on the gaming. You don't need to do all that work in the game. You're turning it into a 2nd job, and unless you're a high end raider or arena player, there is no need
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN, rated pvp weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now. Stopped doing the emissary for 2 of the 4 characters, stopped doing LFR/normals EN, and never planning to run karazhan ever again.

Is this a case of burnout? Do you guys see yourself playing the game less and less? Am I just tired of the grind legion provides (repeatable WQ/mythic+/etc)?

This is the same thing that happened in WoD as well. I stopped playing after a month in, but a lot faster (after the release of normal/heroic high maul raid).
    yes you burned out yourself - take a break till new year - no interesting content coming till nighthold anyway.

im bored with endgame too - got my toon to 870 , got AoTC , had fun in mythic +, done kara but now only logging on it once every couple of days for AK - found new fun in leveling other alts slowly and really enjoying class campaigns and artifact weapon obtaining for all specs which will take me at least till new year.

its a really good time to catch up alts to max level and do class campaign so you dont have to bother with it during/after nighthold only be done with it considering how annoying those "you have to complete ton of 12 hours missions on table " are.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-11-04 at 08:15 AM.