Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    In online gaming is not a true choice. People always tend to use the easiest most convenient route even at the expense of their own immersion and gameplay and it drives the games design in player limitations. In single player games you are right in online multiplayer games it dosen't work out that way.
    Nonsense. It is a bloody Video Game. You do what you enjoy while playing them. If you don't like flying then don't fly. All you are going to lose out on is traversing the game space quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    So sad wow will go back to a solo world again guess 7.2 is few months away so i have somr time to play
    Don't worry, players will be back on the ground in 7.3 in Argus (most likely), and again in 8.0 for another year or so till the next expansions Pathfinder completes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Better yet, turn into disc!

Really glad its coming. Perhaps many people will come back as well. And those class mounts really are the cherry on top.
    I can safely say that I, for one, will not.

I might have if the only requirements had to be met in the 7.0 achievement process. However, it's now two patches of stuff I'd have to do. I work 40 hours a week. No thanks.

I might have if they hadn't completely made raiding obsolete. Why join a guild and progress through raid content when you can just get 4 random people on your server and do 5-mans for equal or better gear? No thanks.

I might have if they hadn't made legendaries drops that may or may not happen...and then you may or may not get one that's even useful. Drops, sure, okay, we've done that before. Very seldom, but it's happened. In raids. Now you do 5-mans for legendaries. Seriously? As a drop chance? 5-mans...yeah, no thanks.

I can safely say now there are only two things Blizzard could introduce that could get me to come back to WoW. 2 v 2 co-op PvP pet battles...or an expansion that doesn't have all of the things I just listed above in it. I think I can put pretty safe bets in saying that means I'm not returning.
    Last edited by Fenixdown; 2016-11-05 at 12:42 PM.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Pathfinder takes several weeks. And that's just part 1. Might want to sub a month or so before hand if you want to start working on pathfinder part 2 immediately when 7.2 drops.

I do see the logic in your plan but my trust in Blizzard is not what it used to be. So in order to prevent any unwanted surprises, I prefer to wait until it is actually there. Otherwise, your suggestion makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

I might have if the only requirements had to be met in the 7.0 achievement process. However, it's now two patches of stuff I'd have to do. I work 40 hours a week. No thanks.

I might have if they hadn't completely made raiding obsolete. Why join a guild and progress through raid content when you can just get 4 random people on your server and do 5-mans for equal or better gear? No thanks.

I might have if they hadn't made legendaries drops that may or may not happen...and then you may or may not get one that's even useful. Drops, sure, okay, we've done that before. Very seldom, but it's happened. In raids. Now you do 5-mans for legendaries. Seriously? As a drop chance? 5-mans...yeah, no thanks.

I can safely say now there are only two things Blizzard could introduce that could get me to come back to WoW. 2 v 2 co-op PvP pet battles...or an expansion that doesn't have all of the things I just listed above in it. I think I can put pretty safe bets in saying that means I'm not returning.
    Honestly, judging by this post, you quitting would be beneficial to the game. If Blizzard even tried to appeal to players who exhibited this stupid type of poisonous / shit attitude towards the game - would be a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    That's pretty fucking weird, son. You must love flying around not doing anything constructive.

Also, guessing part 2 requires all Legion reps at exalted, and the newest one at revered or so, plus some extra quest stuff.

Well over 90% of my gameplay (for 8 years) was spent in the outdoor zones, so flight was a key part of that experience. Taking flight from new zones basically changed over 90% of how I played... and not in a way that I enjoyed. Flight changes are literally the ONLY reason that I ever cancelled a sub that began before WoW's first anniversary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Flying isn't immersive. It is quality of life. It is something unnecessary but is helpful. Those that get "immersed" by flying are being confused with its usefulness.

Imo I don't even care if there is flying or not but people that say flying is immersive are just plain stupid and they don't know what being immersed means.

You could not be more wrong. Immersion is subjective. Two people can watch or play the same thing... one can be totally into it, while the other may not even accept the in-game reality as anything but silly. For instance, many people who do not "game" find nothing immersive about gaming at all. It is all just personal taste.

Flying over a mob to get a node isn't very realistic even in terms of WoWs fantasy.

Of all of the grossly unrealistic things in WoW (like gear-clipping and wielding what would probably be 7 foot weapons in one hand), flight is a strange thing to worry about. But this is a good example of why it is "personal".

im·merse
    involve oneself deeply in a particular activity or interest
    Nothing about this statement excludes the ability to fly in a fantasy game. Thanks for providing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    7.2 comes with tomb of sargeras, the raid AFTER nighthold, if nighthold is early next year, I cant expect Tomb to be earlier than june, so flight is still good 8 months away imo

Probably true, but I was expecting a bit worse. And I was REALLY expecting them to play the non-committal card for as long as possible. Just the fact that they announced it so soon is a step in the right direction.

Of course it could still be a bit of a ruse, where they bring flight and then put all the new material in a new no-fly zone a month later, but it will be a while before we get there. I hope someone at Blizzcon has the sense to ask this, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-11-05 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nothing was promised"

No idea what will be required. The timeframe for completing the "achievement" and likewise no timeframe for the re-introduction of flight once we're done. This WILL be another "weeks not months" debacle again and the joyless anti flight luddites will caw and bray all over again. You're getting excited because big daddy blizzard fed you another spoon of sweet lies
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Honestly, judging by this post, you quitting would be beneficial to the game. If Blizzard even tried to appeal to players who exhibited this stupid type of poisonous / shit attitude towards the game - would be a step in the wrong direction.
    I have to agree. When it comes from EITHER side of the discussion. It helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I won't be joining you in any sense of the word... I promise.
    Exactly, we'll be flying around while you're catching up and complaining about the buffed heroics being too hard. .

7.2 is really perfect timing to bring back flight. I love this schedule. Expect it to be the new normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I unsubbed just before Legion (as in, I left one day before it launched) and I told myself that I would not bother buying the expansion if they drug out the no-fly stuff for too long. While we don't have a release date for 7.2 (which could still be quite a while), this means that I am actually likely to purchase the expansion and play again, which I had kind of written off.

I am still sticking to what I promised myself however and not doing ANYTHING until flight is actually IN the game... but this looks promising.
    While I can understand your frustration and hesitation to jump back in before everything is actually set, if I could, I would suggest starting the Xpac up once 7.2 is up on the PTR. Pathfinder part 1 isn't a gimme and will still take time to finish. But that way you are actively working on your pathfinding, and you can start leveling your Artifact Weapon (power and knowledge).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyfish View Post
    honestly if I had to guess it's because the majority of all outdoor content within the broken isles will wrap up in 7.2, they said after Tomb of sarg we're going to Argus and they will likely just disable flight there specifically so there will no reason to continue to withhold flying within the broken isles
    Even if that's the case, I would start leveling my alts, so that's something. But I'm curious as well how much content they'll leave us in the Broken Isles once they enable flight.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    So is was walking 10 miles when you own a car.
    What?

It's nothing like walking when you own a car.

It's exactly like loving to walk, having the option to walk, but driving just because everyone else is, even though you bitch that everyone else loves to drive.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

First thing I'll do when I can fly: Fly to the top of Highmountain peak over and over again to celebrate my new-found freedom!!

I'm sure there will be a lot of people that won't be getting flying this time around as well, same as in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    So sad wow will go back to a solo world again guess 7.2 is few months away so i have somr time to play
    Lol, what a stupid thing to say... People will still need to be on the ground in order to finish objectives.

Not a fan of the paladin one at all but not as if there can be much inspiration there, I am a draenei so this horse is a bit lame. The others look pretty good in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    entitled fucks finally got what you wanted... next all your gear will be titanforged and every boss drops legendaries.... gosh.. game finally became immersive and challenging... there goes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

40 hours. cute.

also, legendaries as drops where done "seldom"????
    That's the way it was until Cataclysm, that's not seldom.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    "Nothing was promised"

No idea what will be required. The timeframe for completing the "achievement" and likewise no timeframe for the re-introduction of flight once we're done. This WILL be another "weeks not months" debacle again and the joyless anti flight luddites will caw and bray all over again. You're getting excited because big daddy blizzard fed you another spoon of sweet lies
    7.2 will bring with it the final and concluding part of Broken Isles Pathfinder. There's no reason to believe that flying won't be possible as soon as you finish the meta this time around, considering the fact that they've known since the start that flying would be in the game eventually, unlike WoD where they clearly expected to not ever introduce flying.

But if you want to sulk over nothing, that's fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by montygreen View Post
    Ugh Mages get a disc.... I wish it were a broom at least... or we get to turn into a dragon again!
    at least you arent a paladin who gets a blizzard store looking piece of sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Thank god, now people can stop bitching.
    But they won't... XD
    Que the bitching from ground fetishists!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, what a stupid thing to say... People will still need to be on the ground in order to finish objectives.
    They are going to make mobs auto die when you fly over them and they'll all drop legendaries which will be auto-equipped to your character and the prior item will be converted to gold.

...according to the anti-flight crowd at least.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What, pathfinder is different if you start later? Because this is what it is now:

Explore the 5 Legion questing zones ( Broken Isles Explorer)
    Complete all major storylines in the Broken Isles ( Loremaster of Legion)
    Complete 100 different World Quests ( Variety is the Spice of Life)
    Complete your Class Order Campaign ( A Glorious Campaign)
    Earn Revered with the 6 Broken Isles factions ( Broken Isles Diplomat)
    ...Thanks for the full list. Since I had a late start, World Quests will likely take me the longest while getting Explorer will be a pain in the ass (not getting killed by shit but that's part of the fun ^_^). I assumed Broken Isles Loremaster was a requirement anyways and have just Highmountain and Suramar left to tackle. Everything else will be taken care of in short order. LOL.

Blizzard lowered the Revered requirement to Friendly and cut the number of factions from 6 to 3 a few weeks ago just so you know. Pretty sure the number of required World Quests was cut to 50 as well. I'll see if I can find the Blue Post stating this. Where's @Aquamonkey when you need him?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by montygreen View Post
    Ugh Mages get a disc.... I wish it were a broom at least... or we get to turn into a dragon again!
    Or tie it to order hall and Khadgar somewhat and turn into a raven....then again druids would be upset.