Deleted
    nope, we're still just tryign to rekill as much as possible to get on with cenarius so no padding or anything. whilst i have had some luck on my side, that fight is all about planning, boomy's do extremely well on that fight, mechanics are eassy to deal with, you've just got to understand whart you're killing, and where, ahead of time to plan and it puts your dps up 80-90k on that fight.

beginning of progression i was putting in 320k ish, and as i learned the fight, and adapted i got up to 400kish in the 2 days we were progressing with no gear progression, just from learning the fight. knowledge is everything when it comes to boomkins

How good is 850 mana cracker vs 835 int/haste statstick and 860 arcanocrystal my current trinkets. Working on trying for plaguehive zzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Numbers tweaking incoming. Celestalon confirmed on Slootbags stream.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Numbers tweaking incoming. Celestalon confirmed on Slootbags stream.
    inb4 Balance nerfs.

How do you guys handle M-Ilg'ynoth? We killed it tonight but I focused entirely on ST damage on priority targets. Now that it's dead, it's time to parse. Is Sunfire and a Starfall here and there enough to, potentially, kill Ichors? I'm sure it'd be fine but I'm worried that everyone is gonna start "padding" on the Ichors now and we might run into some issues.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    How do you guys handle M-Ilg'ynoth? We killed it tonight but I focused entirely on ST damage on priority targets. Now that it's dead, it's time to parse. Is Sunfire and a Starfall here and there enough to, potentially, kill Ichors? I'm sure it'd be fine but I'm worried that everyone is gonna start "padding" on the Ichors now and we might run into some issues.

dot everything you see. stellar drift + shooting stars and always call out in voice to slow down on ichors. or bench your mm hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    If Simulationcraft says I can do 300k on a static patchwerk fight (with pots/buffs/etc) what numbers should I aim for on Xavius Heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Likecowgirl View Post
    dot everything you see. stellar drift + shooting stars and always call out in voice to slow down on ichors. or bench your mm hunters
    Luckily we only have one. I guess I'll just go ham on everything next week and see how it goes.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Honestly, I don't care about overall Ilgynoth damage. Logs will be won my some asshole who pads the fight, ignoring mechanics.

Deleted
    go for a safe kill to prevent wipes if you are still progressing on other bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly, I don't care about overall Ilgynoth damage. Logs will be won my some asshole who pads the fight, ignoring mechanics.
    this so much this. especially as you'll need to ensure killing it to get to cenarius. it only takes one person to overshoot padding by 500k and the entire thing becomes a wipe. multiply that by the 12/13 DPS and you're in for a bad bad time on rekills. In my eyes ilgynoth is one of those fights where it doesnt matter at all what your dps is, becasue there isnt a dps check. it's all about being controlled enough to NOT dps when its not needed, which a lot of DPSers seem to not understand

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesek View Post
    this so much this. especially as you'll need to ensure killing it to get to cenarius. it only takes one person to overshoot padding by 500k and the entire thing becomes a wipe. multiply that by the 12/13 DPS and you're in for a bad bad time on rekills. In my eyes ilgynoth is one of those fights where it doesnt matter at all what your dps is, becasue there isnt a dps check. it's all about being controlled enough to NOT dps when its not needed, which a lot of DPSers seem to not understand
    DPS still matters on Il'gynoth - sort by corruptor tentacle/heart DPS, it shows the targets that actually matter & the padders will usually fall very far short of the pack on corruptor tentacles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ion H. talked about baking in some spells that 98% of the time are picked. Wouldn't Nature's Balance and Starlord fit that criteria?

Or at least, be considered?

I don't think Starlord fits. FoN does have it's uses, especially in M+. Main problem on that row is WoE having little applicability in PvE.

There's very rarely reason to not take NB, though. And with the Legendary ring, you won't ever use Stellar Flare or SotF.
    Last edited by huth; 2016-11-06 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 'different' kind of question:
    I enjoy moonkin because the cast's feel Smooth / Fluid / flow one after another in a pleasant way.
    Would this 'fluidity' change with the ED?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I enjoy moonkin because the cast's feel Smooth / Fluid / flow one after another in a pleasant way.
    It still stays smooth if you have haste. Just now you have to waste empowered buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Somewhat, it definitely changes how the rotation works.

I personally don't like the design of the ED, the problem is that in order to maximize DPS with it, you have to ignore what they've done with empowerments and the management surrounding that. Some people may or may not take issue with this based on how they feel about our current design, but to me it seems counter intuitive to the development goals for us. I'm obviously not a developer, so that's just a personal observation from the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Ion H. talked about baking in some spells that 98% of the time are picked. Wouldn't Nature's Balance and Starlord fit that criteria?

Or at least, be considered?
    No, I don't think any of our talents will be baked into the spec.

The other talents on T15 fill a niche. FON is still better for a lot of solo content. Starlord is really mediocre in PVP.

T30 talents are fine.

T45 talents are fine.

T60 talents... Mass Entanglement should be scrapped, it's never been good in MOP, WOD, nor Legion.

T75 talents are fine. Stellar Flare needs a buff to pull away from Incarnation.

T90 talents are fine. shooting stars probably should be buffed to 20% proc chance for 3 AP.

T100 talents.... Stellar Drift is mediocre. FOE is undertuned and should properly change to a 20-100 AP cost spell with a fixed duration and lower cooldown. NB is fine, but LS needs to work the same of SW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Somewhat, it definitely changes how the rotation works.

I personally don't like the design of the ED, the problem is that in order to maximize DPS with it, you have to ignore what they've done with empowerments and the management surrounding that. Some people may or may not take issue with this based on how they feel about our current design, but to me it seems counter intuitive to the development goals for us. I'm obviously not a developer, so that's just a personal observation from the outside looking in.
    You shouldnt be wasting any empowerments unless you get like 30sec of freecasting.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-11-07 at 06:42 AM.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    What DPS did the two setups give you?
    I went from:
    311k - 6k Crit 11k Haste 4k Mast 0 Vers
    320k - 7.5k Crit 8k Haste 4k Mast 6% Vers

Sorry for late post

Edit: 500k iterations

Edit 2: This last week I was at 350k (with no dps legendaries) on Ursoc, but we goofed at 1% with the Vers Crit focused gear. Our kill I had 4 targets of charge.
    Last edited by Deipotent; 2016-11-07 at 06:40 AM.

Boomkins feel on the weaker side — their gameplay is solid, but they could use some number tweaking.
    Jut caught this on wow head, I believe from slootbags interviews with celestalon. Hopefully something to look forward to at least