Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It isn't, stuff is less accessible now than it was in WotLK/Cata/MoP

Basically, in Vanilla most things were inaccessible to the majority of players, and it sucked. Then in TBC/WotLK things were made more and more accessible and the playerbase liked it so they stuck with it.

Then in WoD Blizzard decided to switch mythic raiding from the 10/25 system to a fixed 20man system, this caused nearly 2/3 of the mythic players to stop doing mythic (either voluntarily or because they were blocked by the recruitment wall).
    If you think Legion is LESS accesible than BC/WotLK did you actually play during those times lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So this tedious content will suddenly become enjoyable to you because it's on LFD?
    It would be less tedious

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Eh, what?

You mean physical effort?

Because most people would agree time = effort. Spend time doing something and you'll eventually become good at it, that's literally what effort is.
    Well, if you hit your head enough against the wall the wall might eventually break but you will get a massive headache in the process. That was Vanilla/TBC effort. I prefer effort that takes less time and instead you are getting rewarded for your skill, knowledge and dedication - not ONLY for time. And tbh, pre Wrath rewarded mostly time because it's all grind required.

Oh, make no mistake, I do not mean to say Vanilla/TBC had it the right way.

But WOTLK did.

Dungeons that offered badges which you could buy good gear with, no attunements, balanced PvP, daily heroic quests and so on.

But it went downhill from there. When I saw MoP's talent trees I wanted to cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw MoP's talent trees I wanted to cry.
    A major thing i miss in WoW is the talent trees that are actually meaningful.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The thing you have to remember is a thing like WoW can't be like a game like Dark Souls, where it's "difficult" and they say "tough shit" because they already got your money.
    Dark Souls is more different because the market it is addressing is fragmented. No single game has a shot of hitting as large a fraction of the audience as WoW does/did in the MMO space.

But even with that, didn't sequels of DS tone down the difficulty? Even for them, if a person finds the game too difficulty he is less likely to buy more in the series.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Dark Souls is more different because the market it is addressing is fragmented. No single game has a shot of hitting as large a fraction of the audience as WoW does/did in the MMO space.

But even with that, didn't sequels of DS tone down the difficulty? Even for them, if a person finds the game too difficulty he is less likely to buy more in the series.
    It depends on who you ask. They sort of did, and sort of didn't. But they most certainly did make them a lot more accessible, that's for sure! (The neat thing about those games is that they're pretty open in letting you decide exactly how difficult they'll be. I personally don't even think they're difficult. They're just not easy.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, make no mistake, I do not mean to say Vanilla/TBC had it the right way.

But WOTLK did.

Dungeons that offered badges which you could buy good gear with, no attunements, balanced PvP, daily heroic quests and so on.

But it went downhill from there. When I saw MoP's talent trees I wanted to cry.
    I really hate that that had to happen to the talent trees. It's one of those things that the internet ruined by being the internet. It happens with everything that's multiplayer and offers choices

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Kara is gated behind 5 Mythics I believe
    Suramar ws gated behind two Mythics
    A number of quests were behind Mythics

Blizzard obviously agreed this was too much otherwise they wouldn't have removed the Suramar gate and adding Arcway, CoS and Kara to the queue system. I occasionally do Mythics but frankly they're just a tedious version of Heroic with a few new mechanics, if it wasn't for the quests I wouldn't touch 'em
    I don't think Blizzard "agreed this was too much." I think this is pretty common practice for them to remove restrictions like this over time. They did it with Mythic raiding in WoD (you could do them cross realm after a while). It's the way they wanted it to be: When the content is new, it's meant to be harder and more restrictive. As it gets behind in the meta game, they relax restrictions. It's the same reason they are releasing flying late in the expansion. They want the game to be on the ground for a while because that's how they want you to experience it. After a while they just say "fuck it, go wild" and remove restrictions. I would argue it's the same reason they reduce leveling times every expansion. The leveling experience is no longer the new thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I still miss the + % wand damage talent ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Where did you think it would go? Where a topic goes when it starts out with a hyperbolic bullshit post by someone with a wannabe-elitist agenda? Because of course it was gonna go there.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you need a video game to make you feel special should tell you a lot about your life.
    'The fact that you need to belittle someone who has a difference in opinion on a forum tells you a lot about your life.' You see how easy that is?

And what's wrong with a Video game making you feel special/High horse'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post
    Because companies like Blizzard have started to cater to the people who whine about having to put in work. Most games are now catering to the casuals, simply put.

If anyone tells me "Dude no they aren'ttttttttttttttttt theirs still mythic raids!"

lol
    Have you ever thought that maybe these casuals they are catering to make up the majority of the player base, and that catering to hardcore players will not get them more or let them retain subscribers and thus keep receiving money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I feel like people often forget that there really weren't any meaningful choices in talent trees. I mean yeah, you could do some crazy shit like Shockadin, but it was not actually viable, and most cases you followed a cookie-cutter build where you might be able to get away with switching out a few points here and there.

Today you have less choices but they're far more balanced, and there's not a ton of filler "choices" that aren't really choices.

The part I really miss is that leveling up just a single level felt rewarding, but a bigger issue is that you level up so fucking fast now that it doesn't matter anyway.

Deleted
    Why must everything be accessible?
    Because game and sub price is the same for casuals and for neckbeards.
    /thread