15+ Year Old Account

Mastery for Unholy

Is it worth gearing for mastery after getting 33-34% crit and 18-19% haste (Which I've been told, are the go to percentages) for unholy DKs? I'm talking about a normal castigator build with no specific legendaries in use.

I'm currently sitting at 34% crit, 19% haste and 39% mastery unbuffed. I usually go for crit food, but that only gives me 1%, whereas mastery food gives me 2%, which got me wondering.

So yeah, hope someome can clear things up a bit for me.
    Last edited by Gamerloin; 2016-11-04 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Deleted
    I mean you have to sim yourself, but i have similar stats as you and it's currently crit>mastery>haste vor me

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who told you that below 20% haste is the go to percentage since i have no idea where people got this from.

Sim yourself set enough iterations and you can see yourself.

Depends on gear. Do you have bracers? If yes, you have way too much crit, not enough haste, not enough mastery. I shoot for 25/22/X+ with bracers. Without/ castigor focused, I'd still bring up haste, keep crit around 34, then go mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highest simmed setup with bracers is btw, 21 haste, 25 crit, 6,5 versa exactly and the rest mastery.

This is with BS, UF and IC talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't know who told you that below 20% haste is the go to percentage since i have no idea where people got this from.

Sim yourself set enough iterations and you can see yourself.
    Because after months of simming, theorycrafting and "game feel", we've concluded that around 20% is a nice spot to sit at. But yes, simming is the only way to really know.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Highest simmed setup with bracers is btw, 21 haste, 25 crit, 6,5 versa exactly and the rest mastery.

This is with BS, UF and IC talented.
    What about without bracers?
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin View Post
    What about without bracers?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FP039XBC8/edit

Someone else posted this in DK discord some time ago, mostly applies to ST though.

Some other things about UH stats with Castigator and no bracers:

AWS scales really well with haste, making haste a more valuable stat in ST situation.

Crit is nearly always best for ST, except if you have really high crit and low haste. Crit is also second best for AoE, so gearing for Crit will cover both bases.

Mastery is our absolute best stat for AoE since all of our AoE is shadow damage, but is pretty bad for ST without bracers. Some UH DK's make the choice to itemize Mastery instead of crit, even without bracers, since it significantly increases our AoE and especially our BS/IC burst, which is UH's biggest strength. Doing this will result in a lot worse ST though.
    Last edited by mmocf78784398d; 2016-11-07 at 02:58 AM.

i would like to see some logs of these dks going mastery stacking without bracers
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oromiselda View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FP039XBC8/edit

Someone else posted this in DK discord some time ago, mostly applies to ST though.

Some other things about UH stats with Castigator and no bracers:

AWS scales really well with haste, making haste a more valuable stat in ST situation.

Crit is nearly always best for ST, except if you have really high crit and low haste. Crit is also second best for AoE, so gearing for Crit will cover both bases.

Mastery is our absolute best stat for AoE since all of our AoE is shadow damage, but is pretty bad for ST without bracers. Some UH DK's make the choice to itemize Mastery instead of crit, even without bracers, since it significantly increases our AoE and especially our BS/IC burst, which is UH's biggest strength. Doing this will result in a lot worse ST though.
    Good read, thank you for this

Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    i would like to see some logs of these dks going mastery stacking without bracers
    Yeah, there aren't any and the few who are are stuck in LFR or sub 110

-Haste to 20% (ish).
    -If you run Castigator then Crit will always be top for single target.
    -If you take Bursting Sores Mastery will be second for single target and regardless of talents it's top for AoE.
    -AWS makes Versatility pretty strong on single target.

I finally got a Chrono Shard yesterday, I am 865, and was shocked to see that using it is a ~3k DPS loss over using my old trinket which is a 850 trinket with 1233 STR and 900-something crit T_T Already sitting at 31% crit and 20% haste without it.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Deleted
    Do you think that the same can be said for haste? I mean there is a soft cap haste that is around 20% but if you reach 30% crit it is possible that haste gets good again?

Deleted
    I did reach 35-38% with castigator build. The gain was really bad and almost not existing from about 28%.

I say go for 20-23 haste, 27-30%crit and rest in mastery. Don't feel bad if you have some points in vers.

Im currently sitting with huge amount of 65% mastery(without bracers)stilling in the range for haste/crit. My DPS is fine(875).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-11 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Yeah, there aren't any and the few who are are stuck in LFR or sub 110
    There are plenty that do switch but the majority don't switch which can be explained in a couple very simple reasons.
    -If you're heavily geared into Castigator, you won't have near the correct stats to be able to switch to UF. Gear is a huge blockade when stuff like titanforged is around.
    -UF suffers heavily from downtime, so it relies on you making sure you're really on target. With the stat set that you go for UF you can also perfectly switch into a Clawing Shadows build, however like I said before, people don't have the gear to do this so they stick with Castigator.

Unholy Frenzy has the highest damage ceiling and it's lowest point is just below what Castigator's average is. You can take any of the three talents with the bracers, just if you were Castigator when you got them then you likely don't have the gear to switch to do so.