Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Its impossible for the Void to be below anything again the void is absolute all consuming darkness. its the apex of evil.
    According to the current lore, which might change on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    You do know we're talking about Blizzard? They'll change the lore and retcon what they like, we still didn't get a good explanation of why we attacked Illidan In TBC Instead of... you know, trying to talk at least? The Naaru helped us lead the fight, with one of them Infront of the Temple like "Go and defeat him!" And now we get told by another Naaru "He's the chosen one... It was all destined to have happened"... I don't buy that, comeone Blizz.

They just wanted a villain we all liked and knew to be a raid boss, end of point.

They'll re-Invent new lands, planets, new adventures I'm sure. What I'd love Is the Garrison idea to be re-visited and made Into the grand scale It was suppose to be and Improved upon In another expansion, like going to a completely new planet we've never discovered and will be vital to our fight against... something.
    The game is about azeroth and threats that directly threaten azeroths safety

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    According to the current lore, which might change on a whim.
    and the final lore

and the final lore
    There is no such thing as "the final lore".

Blizzard are a creative bunch, I'm sure they'll manage to get some more expansions out with new stories and threats. Mists of Pandaria was almost entirely new, all the threats were something we never saw before, and despite the downsides that expansion had, it was actually a kind of cool theme and concept, but not delievered in the best of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    For someone claiming they didn't need a history lesson in the other thread, you obviously do not realize that most of WoW was created from scratch with no relation to the RTS games. It was needed so a fully fleshed out world could be played in instead of simple RTS maps. Every expansion brings stuff that is not related to the RTS and Blizzard will continue to add never before seen things to the game/lore. So it doesn't have to just because you are incapable of using your imagination. WoW's story will end when there is not enough people paying to support it. Then they may wrap it up somehow.
    Look up the entire lore through the history of WoW. its coming to a close in the next 1-2 expansions after Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Blizzard are a creative bunch, I'm sure they'll manage to get some more expansions out with new stories and threats. Mists of Pandaria was almost entirely new, all the threats were something we never saw before, and despite the downsides that expansion had, it was actually a kind of cool theme and concept, but not delievered in the best of ways.
    Mists expanded the titan watchers and lore started in wrath which has reached its peak in legion

Mists used garrosh the child of an iconic dead hero and built up over 3 expansions

mists used 1 of 4 unnamed enigmatic old gods that were everpresent in the lore

mists used Pandaria a place mentioned before Warcraft was ever made.

MoP wasn't as much asspull as it may seem.

Deleted
    everquest is irrelevent shit tier.

WoW unlike other games and mmos has polish and a deep backstory of villan sand places that it has used to great success. not absolute pulled out of their ass stories for its entire lifespan the major reason why other mmos can be fun but theres no decade long hooks of waiting for XXX villan to get the spotlight.

so no you can only compare Warcraft to itself and blizzards poilish standards.
    is it even possible for you to think outside of your bubble? you dont think its possible for there to be a game without major lore villains? you really thought WoD was so fkn great at the end because they randomly threw Archimonde in there as the last boss? I dont know who the last boss of this expansion is right now why am I even playing - I need to know which major lore villain I am going to kill or whats the point rite

polish doesnt have anything to do with the lore

I understand you may have just finished reading chronicle and you feel like the ultimate lore warrior but the majority of the player base is not like you.

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    is it even possible for you to think outside of your bubble? you dont think its possible for there to be a game without major lore villains? you really thought WoD was so fkn great at the end because they randomly threw Archimonde in there as the last boss? I dont know who the last boss of this expansion is right now why am I even playing - I need to know which major lore villain I am going to kill or why am I even playing

polish doesnt have anything to do with the lore

I understand you may have just finished reading chronicle and you feel like the ultimate lore warrior but the majority of the player base is not like you.
    is it ever possible for you to look at the story objectively and not from denial that your saftey net video game that you have ran to for over a decade is going to eventually come to an end?

The last boss is sargeras

its obvious why we lose our artifacts and kiljaeden is the last boss of tomb.

enjoy the spoiler little feller

Polish has PLENTY to do with the lore.

its the whole reason they scrapped Garrosh's mongrel horde and used the old horde bad boys . because the original idea was fucking stupid.

I've actually never read chronicle.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-07 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    is it ever possible for you to look at the story objectively and not from denial that your saftey net video game that you have ran to for over a decade is going to eventually come to an end?

solid points - well formed argument

you win gj.

you talking about how Pandaria was formed before Warcraft - no it was a voice line - where are pandas from? Pandaria
    they did not have an entire expansion and continent ready after making that stupid line in WC3 they made it up

Look up the entire lore through the history of WoW. its coming to a close in the next 1-2 expansions after Legion.
    People have been saying this for years. "Cataclysm is the end, we'll fight X, Y, Z and be done!" , or "Wrath of the Lich King is the end, we'll fight A, B, C and be done!" so I am not inclined to believe you simply because you're trying to shout louder than anyone else. As I said, Blizzard are a very creative bunch, and I am sure there are other characters we're dealing with today that will become a core part of the story and plot in the future.

I've not understood this belief that Blizzard are somehow running out of new stories to develop. Yes, we're seeing a lot of the core Lore from the Warcraft series come to an end, but that doesn't mean they can't create more. Lore and Story is only as finite as the imagination of the developers. They could announce a whole new expansion, with entirely new themes, content, lore, characters and more, or they could carry on with some already understood plot.

Who knows? I sure as hell know you don't!

You are defending your point by asserting it. "Look, the story is going to end, because the story is going to end."

I don't know if you ever took a logic class, but that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    You ever seen Dragonball Z?

If you'd have told me just how powerful and fucked up everything would become AFTER Freeza, man I wouldn't buy that. Let alone with this new "Super" DBZ shit, where they are basically gods.

To me Sargeras is like the Freeza of WoW.

On a serious note - I don't think the light can exist without darkness. There must always be a Lich King e.t.c
    anime is not a good representation of WoW

- - - Updated - - -

You are defending your point by asserting it. "Look, the story is going to end, because the story is going to end."

I don't know if you ever took a logic class, but that's not how it works.
    im using the existing lore and story hooks to justify my position. counter it with other story hooks im not using that exist as of right now in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no such thing as "the final lore".
    The void lords are literally stated to be the apex of evil in a book(s) written and still being written to cement the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    "The Rulers of Old"

The Nerubians of Azjol-Nerub have gathered the remains their dead gods to create a powerful being to conquer Azeroth for the arachnid and insectoid. The Klaxxi and Qiraji attempt to buy their arachnid siblings time to finish their dark rituals in the depths of Northrend, sending heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to do battle once more in Silithus and the Dread Wastes against horrors that have been prospering unchecked during the legion invasion.

The first raid will send us to Silithus to combat the remains of the Twilights Hammer and Qiraji hoping to corrupt an ancient artifact below Un'goro Crater to be used as a weapon in the war.

More enemies and horrors await before the heroes of Azeroth finally descend into the deepest places of the world to combat the Nerubians and threats more ancient than anything we have ever faced that are awakened by the servants of the old gods.

I made this up in 15mins. Blizzard can always come up with something.
    the Nerubians rejected Yogg Saron

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    solid points - well formed argument

you win gj.

you talking about how Pandaria was formed before Warcraft - no it was a voice line - where are pandas from? Pandaria
    they did not have an entire expansion and continent ready after making that stupid line in WC3 they made it up
    read again all the hooks from previous lore in MoP. I can't help you with ignorance that is your issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    People have been saying this for years. "Cataclysm is the end, we'll fight X, Y, Z and be done!" , or "Wrath of the Lich King is the end, we'll fight A, B, C and be done!" so I am not inclined to believe you simply because you're trying to shout louder than anyone else. As I said, Blizzard are a very creative bunch, and I am sure there are other characters we're dealing with today that will become a core part of the story and plot in the future.

I've not understood this belief that Blizzard are somehow running out of new stories to develop. Yes, we're seeing a lot of the core Lore from the Warcraft series come to an end, but that doesn't mean they can't create more. Lore and Story is only as finite as the imagination of the developers. They could announce a whole new expansion, with entirely new themes, content, lore, characters and more, or they could carry on with some already understood plot.

Who knows? I sure as hell know you don't!
    again when people said it before there were still dozens of factually existent ICONIC characters in the franchise. this is not true today.

Who could have forseen Warlords? They came out of nowhere, literally. Let's just count what we have left here. My guess is that 10.X will be last expansion.
    7.X - Legion is dealt with. Think finally, with Sarg's body destroyed by massive blast of exploding Argus.
    8.X - Azshara and N'zoth. Prophet Zul will likely appear too.
    9.X - plenty of different threats. Likely Murozond and the Infinite trying to disrupt time, and we have raids from different times like Galakrond or First War (Medivh) and other possible pasts and futures. Chromatus. Lich King's and Scourge's story to be wrapped up somehow too.
    10.X - Dark Titan Azeroth and Void Lords. The Apocalypse. And it's possibe that we either teleported it the future where Anduin is old, or time passes, or this is not the final battle yet, but fate of Azeroth will somehow be solved this or that way.

Deleted
    im using the existing lore and story hooks to justify my position. counter it with other story hooks im not using that exist as of right now in the game.
    Thats not what you are doing at all.

all you have done is read Sargaras / Void Lords yes those are the big baddies - WoW will end after they are dead.
    and then just plant your feet in the sand and act like an idiot to people who dont agree to you.

you want us to create lore send it to Blizzard have it approved and then come here to you and say see theres more lore or what

Deleted
    Cause the mysterious continent of Pandaria was imbeded in Warcraft III. Well there is that fact of an angry panda showing on ilidans blades. Like it's hard to end a raid with "As Argus was cleansed there was a new threath for the titan Azeroth, Titanydan, the long lost evil murlock titan. The heroes had another villan to stop!"

You can latch onto details and just expand a new story.

Easy.

The story is not going to end in one-two expansions because it is obvious from the lore that it is not going to end. The lore is such that we always find new enemies to fight. There are twelve hundred places left to hook into - the Lich King, the underground, Illidan can turn to the evil for 10th time, etc - and there are eighteen hundred possibilities for entirely new additions which can come with self-installing hooks - eg, we can have an invasion of orange fiery ponies that would later end up being vaguely tied to Ragnaros and the elemental plane.

I could have left just the first sentence - it would have been your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Who could have forseen Warlords? They came out of nowhere, literally. Let's just count what we have left here. My guess is that 10.X will be last expansion.
    7.X - Legion is dealt with. Think finally, with Sarg's body destroyed by massive blast of exploding Argus.
    8.X - Azshara and N'zoth. Prophet Zul will likely appear too.
    9.X - plenty of different threats. Likely Murozond and the Infinite trying to disrupt time, and we have raids from different times like Galakrond or First War (Medivh) and other possible pasts and futures. Chromatus. Lich King's and Scourge's story to be wrapped up somehow too.
    10.X - Dark Titan Azeroth and Void Lords. The Apocalypse. And it's possibe that we either teleported it the future where Anduin is old, or time passes, or this is not the final battle yet, but fate of Azeroth will somehow be solved this or that way.
    Warlords used iconic villans still and the revealed the nature of demons to make archimondes death meaning ful

using randoms is different then using iconic assholes like blackhand and gul'dan

Deleted
    Two expansions from now all hell breaks lose and the entire known universe is about to explode and there is only one way to stop it...

All the heroes head to caverns of time and portal back to Patch 1.1.0... to try do things differently this time around.

Going out with a bang isnt all terrible, i wouldnt mind WoW ending on a high note with some scaling systems in place that allows the entirety of wows content to scale to max level with everything covered by the infinite scaling dungeon system, in which case the game could exist in its final form as you want it. you could run content from any expansion with whoever you want, it wouldnt attract new players, but should be enough to satisfy old players.

I wont mind anyway, on the condition that we get warcraft 4. there is more story to tell, but quite frankly, wow is just a shitty environment to be introducing new plot threads, quests for important character introductions can be skipped or done in the wrong order very easily. ideally a character driven warcraft 4 could set up new factions, new lore, new characters, new areas, new concepts (multiple worlds or whatever), old plot threads tied up or explored etc. Then we get WoW II, with a new engine, updated gameplay etc etc.

Could be awesome, blizz usually do a great job at that sort of thing, could be a flop too though... lets hope not.

Warlords used iconic villans still and the revealed the nature of demons to make archimondes death meaning ful

using randoms is different then using iconic assholes like blackhand and gul'dan
    that could be possible for 3 expansions true but its starting to stretch it remeber we need new lands and sidestories and usually at least more then 1 iconic antagonist.

Murozond is an enigma if it will happen because OUR nozdormu has no power over time since the aspects lost their power and you see the sands of time aka the snads in his shoulders falling out from it at deathwings demise.

But nobody could guess that Blizz will decide to reuse this characters in such a strange manner. So they will likely make a penultimate "revamp the past" expansion using Murozond who wil take us to different times while we stopping the new Scourge.
    But there can always be more.