Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Until it's no flying in Argus like ToT or TI and people cry about that.
    Easy fix. Just put in a quest similar to pathfinder. Complete that and allow flying. Difference being, put the whole damn quest in so if people want to actually complete it. They can. If you want to take your time, you can do that too. Up to the player.

Be upfront about it right from the start. Design that quest to be entirely in at content/area launch. No BS of you can complete it later at some random time/patch.

Sure, you will still get a few that complain but nothing like the vague, mid expansion BS or the crap that happened with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    You think excessive-convenience is satisfying and enjoyable? Gave me a good laugh too.
    I don't see you calling for the removal of flight paths, the flight whistle, gliders, teleports, hearthstones, or ground mounts.

Allowing players to conveniently get to the content they actually want to interact with is a good thing. What do you think the point of the Matchmaking queue is for dungeons, battlegrounds, and arena? What about summoning stones outside of mythics and raids? How about conveniences like quest and achievement tracking? How about the ability to fully customize your UI?

The problem here is that you're arguing against convenience in a game that is wholly based on making things convenient.

I would have been completely fine without flying this expansion. already used to it, and it doesn't really bother me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What EXACTLY was preventing us from flying? The overwhelming weight of one or two developer's egos, I suspect. Our mounts just don't have that kind of strength to carry such a load, not even the dragons. xD

I personally liked the suggestion that the Legion controlled the skies with their swars of felbats, infernals falling everywhere, and their fleet of spaceships. Look what happened to the airships during the initial assault in the trailer. They got pwnt, even with both Sylvanus AND Varian on board. It wouldn't have been too difficult to write a line of quests that had us slowly taking back the skies with one battle after another. Freeing up the resources and aid from the various faction in the different zones by doing their quests, maybe a little bit of mini-game where where we train our mounts to handle the hostile air environment.

There's lots of ways they could have explained it, and a creative writer probably would have had a field day if given the freedom to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to meet a "happy" anti-flier. XD
    HI. That's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    My guess is the Argus content will ignore Broken Isles Pathfinder and have no-flying, separate Pathfinder or flying for everyone regardless of achievements.
    I could see it going either way:

A Firelands-like instance where it's in its own little pocket instance with noflying.

or

A zone that's been designed from the ground up(if you'll forgive the pun) to incorporate flying.

I think both could work well, depending on the final implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    are you seriously going to spend the next two years continuing to argue about flying
    They probably will. As a pro-flyer and pro-new system all the way I can only take joy in the fact that flying is here to stay, just in a new package for how it's obtained.

1. WoD was designed without flying in mind. Did that make world content in that expansion good? No, HELL no.
    2. Legion has been designed with flying in mind from the start. Has it been less populated and fun? No.
    3. Even when we can fly, you'd have to actively try and avoid other people seeing as how NO DAMNED OBJECTIVES CAN BE FINISHED WHILST FLYING! Add to that the fact that many won't bother getting flight.

We've had several great, fun expansions where we could fly @ max level instantly, acting as if it'll somehow erase the foundation laid out in Legion is borderline retarded.

Time that the anti-flying people got over the fact that a game which had flying for most of its lifetime, will continue having it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-07 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    How do you know? Did they say it at Blizzcon? I think before you can say that for sure we'll have to wait and see until the next expansions announcement.
    They said as much going into Legion iirc, I remember around the time that WoD eventually got flying they said they were finally happy with the compromise that they'd decided on, that they would use that model going forward, and that Legion would be built with that in mind.
    This is exactly what we have observed. It seems they've kept their promise in that regard.

Love it! Can't wait for the class mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Month or so? Try 4 months, minimum.
    I know, I don't need it right away. Just need to know it is coming sooner rather then later.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    HI. That's me.
    There's a difference between someone who's just ok with ground content, and someone who actively fights against the inclusion of flying. I've seen plenty of people who are fine either way. They enjoy the ground game and would like to see more of it, but don't go out of their way to poop all over everything when someone suggests that they want flying back.

I don't see you calling for the removal of flight paths, the flight whistle, gliders, teleports, hearthstones, or ground mounts.

Allowing players to conveniently get to the content they actually want to interact with is a good thing. What do you think the point of the Matchmaking queue is for dungeons, battlegrounds, and arena? What about summoning stones outside of mythics and raids? How about conveniences like quest and achievement tracking? How about the ability to fully customize your UI?

The problem here is that you're arguing against convenience in a game that is wholly based on making things convenient.
    Levels of stupidity (and melodrama) are high with this one. Going by your logic, we should also be able to instantly teleport anywhere in the game at will, because itd be wholly convenient, and make for a better game?

A line needs to be drawn somewhere. Choosing where exactly is best for gameplay - is what separates a player from a game developer. You, clearly, are a player.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-11-07 at 05:33 PM.

my two cent:
    pathfinder part 2 is another trap if you actually look at it (there is a shot among all the panel) you need to complete entire 7.2 before you can fly in the same way as part 1 without the small gate of xavius kill, and we don't know if everything will be immediately available or gated behind timers.
    So at best we gonna unlock flying at the end of 7.2 and whats next? Argus i'm ultra sure it won't allow flying i'm ready to take bets about it, so they haven't changed the model from wod, flying will only be an alts qol mechanism and they will allow us to unlock it once we have done everything on the ground.
    I see nothing to be happy about.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Levels of stupidity (and melodrama) are high with this one. Going by your logic, we should also be able to instantly teleport anywhere in the game at will, because itd be wholly convenient, and make for a better game?

A line needs to be drawn somewhere. Choosing where exactly is best for gameplay - is what separates a player from a game developer. You, clearly, are a player.
    Lol, and so are you, CLEARLY.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between someone who's just ok with ground content, and someone who actively fights against the inclusion of flying. I've seen plenty of people who are fine either way. They enjoy the ground game and would like to see more of it, but don't go out of their way to poop all over everything when someone suggests that they want flying back.
    Indeed. These are also the people that, instead of bitching about others flying, simply opt out of flying themselves. They have no need to decide how OTHERS get their immersion.

My immersion breaks with flightpath usage. That's about it. If I can fly on my own, it means my immersion will be broken fewer times per gaming session. Win for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    my two cent:
    pathfinder part 2 is another trap if you actually look at it (there is a shot among all the panel) you need to complete entire 7.2 before you can fly in the same way as part 1 without the small gate of xavius kill, and we don't know if everything will be immediately available or gated behind timers.
    So at best we gonna unlock flying at the end of 7.2 and whats next? Argus i'm ultra sure it won't allow flying i'm ready to take bets about it, so they haven't changed the model from wod, flying will only be an alts qol mechanism and they will allow us to unlock it once we have done everything on the ground.
    Well rda is celebrating lots of 'wins' he seems to be happy about, perhaps ask him to clarify why you should also be 'happy'?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Earlier in terms of months from the release.
    WoD launch: 11/13/2014
    Patch 6.2.2: 9/2/2015
    --------------------------
    9.5 months into the expac

Legion Launch: 8/30/2016
    Patch 7.2: (speculating) 6/15/2017 since we still have 7.1.5 to get through
    ---------------------------
    9.5 months into the expac

IF it comes sooner, then yes, it would be earlier in terms of release. However, there is no telling since Blizz also wants to do 7.2.x and 7.3 (potentially more). They could be adding it early since Argus (and other possible locations) may very well be no flies like the 3 islands surrounding Pandaria. Then again, Tanaan was supposed to be a no-fly zone, and I zip through it every day.

It's fun to guess, isn't it? I mean since none of us work for Blizz and every post is speculation.

my two cent:
    pathfinder part 2 is another trap if you actually look at it (there is a shot among all the panel) you need to complete entire 7.2 before you can fly
    ... I expected that all along, and I don't feel trapped. Hell, I've more or less always expected new content for an expansion to be in no-fly zones since that's how it has often been. I'm however also sure we'll see more content added to mainland Broken Isles, which we'll then be flying in from the start of the later patches.

Well rda is celebrating lots of 'wins' he seems to be happy about, perhaps ask him to clarify why you should also be 'happy'?
    the only thing he should be happy about is this time around blizzard give an eta in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Damn the salt pouring out of the 6 anti flyers is beautiful in this thread.

Much beauty.

I might get Legion towards the end of 7.1.5 now. Anyone finish the PF part 1? How long does it take with the time gates?
    I have it. Took 5 days. Then again I am not lazy and enjoy my ground mount. For a pro-flier? Probably take them 7-10 days for all the whining about having to do actual work and not being able to fly to everything.

my two cent:
    How are you trapped? To unlock Pathfinder Part 1, you have to do a bunch of content from launch. You're not just handed it.

It's literally the same exact thing with 7.2? How are you drawing that conclusion? Because you have to, again, work for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed. These are also the people that, instead of bitching about others flying, simply opt out of flying themselves. They have no need to decide how OTHERS get their immersion.

My immersion breaks with flightpath usage. That's about it. If I can fly on my own, it means my immersion will be broken fewer times per gaming session. Win for me!
    This is why I keep arguing for the inclusion of BOTH ways of playing by making ground and air mounts more equal in terms of power and utility. People should be able to play the way that they choose to instead of feeling like they have to deal with stuff they don't want to. People who want flying have to deal with the Pathfinder nonsense, and people who want to stay grounded feel like they're forced to use a flying mount to stay competitive.

So why not make a better system where both types of players get what they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I have it. Took 5 days. Then again I am not lazy and enjoy my ground mount. For a pro-flier? Probably take them 7-10 days for all the whining about having to do actual work and not being able to fly to everything.
    Pro-flyer here, and you're wrong in your silly assumption.