Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want chi explosion back, or some changes to blackout kick to make it better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I miss Spear Hand Strike on my MW...
    Very much agree on that, trying to use paralysis in lieu of it is saddening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakiri View Post
    Dampen Harm is pretty good on Ursoc as WW, since on that fight you pretty much only take big bursts of damage from roars and charges, so you can swap back and forth between Touch of Karma and Dampen Harm and reduce a ton of damage. Especially later in the fight when the roars start creeping close to 1 shot territory, it's pretty important to be able to mitigate it (this was a bigger problem a month ago when people were barely beating the timer, it's not that big a concern when groups kill it in under 4 minutes.
    I prefer healing elixirs on Ursoc. My guild's tanks are not bothering to turn ursoc facing the wall and melees are ordered to attack from the front. Me,as a WW,im trying to be on the sides though cause of how hit combo and parries work and get shit tons of damage from miasma.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    I want chi explosion back, or some changes to blackout kick to make it better

Brewmaster wish list:

(Lvl 60) Summon Black Ox is now baseline, talent choice replaced with Clash.
    (Lvl 100) Blackout Combo is now baseline, talent choice replaced with Brew Explosion.

With no Chi management we'd be trading Brews to empower our Chi Explosion -which'd make it Brew Explosion, hence the name change. Brew Explosion would act the same as Chi Explosion did but fuelled by chugging Brews (maximum of 4) -feel free to fill in the class fantasy as you wish... maybe using 4 brews to empower Brew Explosion could blur our screens (like we're drunk?) for 'x' seconds.. who knows? Have some fun with it!

Long time Brewmaster, still love the spec as it is but would adore to see Clash back with Chi/Brew Explosion!!

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think BrMs would be fixed if they make Blackout Combo standard and then add a spell resistance talent in it's place.

Since the final row of talents all have to due with Stagger/ISB/Pur, I suggest keeping it in that line for spell. So make BoC standard and then add something like "For Xs after using ISB you take Y% less spell damage" So maybe something like you take an additional 20% less spell damage for 3s after using ISB.

This would make our class rotations more interesting with BoC baked into it and also give us a much needed spell defense talent.

Then also give us some form of raid utility across all 3 specs. Something that all 3 specs have in common is use of Chi energy and spirits (Transcendence/Zen Pilgrimage). Something like giving us a different form of Reincarnation would be pretty cool. I mentioned this before, but what about giving us a gimped Reincarnation. Once we take damage that would kill us, we instead have our spirit leave our corpse for X seconds (could be 1-2min) at 50% HP or something after the time runs out (or we click it off), the spirit returns to corpse and we die. Could have a 5-10m CD to keep in line with Reincarnation. Would definitely fit our lore and be a useful ability to have in a raid.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    When I think of a lack of talent options, this row is without a doubt the biggest offender. As far as I'm concerned, Healing Elixirs should be picked 99% of the time for all specs. I miss the powerful Diffuse Magic, but a buff might not be necessary. Giving WW Effuse would naturally make Elixirs less appealing. Knowing Blizzard, they'll probably just nerf Healing Elixirs to bring it more in line with the other talents lmao. Holy shit, I was half kidding with that, but now I'm dreading that might actually happen...
    Yeah I think we actually have a lot of choices on most talent rows, especially compared to other classes, but the Healing Elixir row, the Hit Combo row, and for tanks the RJW and Black Ox Brew rows have absolute clear winners. All other rows give us good options I think.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I miss Spear Hand Strike on my MW...
    This is my "one wish" as well.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Windwalker
    2. Revert the SotW AOE Nerf, seriously.. it was not ok for Monk to have burst AOE? But Demonhunters, Rogues are well capable of that still.
    Lol, reverting this nerf would be insane. SCK is already strong enough for burst AOE.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Specifically those windows where ISB might run off or we rack up too much Stagger but can't spare a PB (especially if we know there's a spike incoming) or we've undergone a sustained period of heavy damage; we become susceptible to spikes. We have a lot of low HP survival tools but sometimes a particularly large blow will get through and kill us before those mechanisms can save us. Which may well suggest that I'm worried that we are physically possible to kill, I appreciate it might not be the worst thing to worry about :P
    If you're not always leaving 1 charge for Purify then you doing it wrong.

What I want to see in 7.1.5/7.2 changes for BrM first and foremost:

1: FIX ZEN MED. Right now, it's only useful if you have the Legendary. Make Legendary bonus base line for it and change Legendary to another buff (like increase damage mitigated by Zen Med by another 20%).

2: Make BoC talent baseline and add a spell mitigation or utility talent in its place.

3: Fix our golden traits on our Artifact Weap. The new Brew-Stache is fine, but we don't need more +dodge talents that DRs with our Mastery. If you want to add mitigation, add it in the form of parry or more stagger. Dragonfire Brew is the top one that needs a buff either make it a CD decrease for BoF or make the 2 damage it does actually hit for more than 20k damage... Staggering Around is the shittiest 3 point mitigation talent in existence. Fortification needs to start the dodge buff AFTER Fort Brew expires so you can actually get use out of it, not during. Also, instead of Dodge, change it to stagger or straight physical or magical mitigation.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    3: Fix our golden traits on our Artifact Weap. The new Brew-Stache is fine, but we don't need more +dodge talents that DRs with our Mastery. If you want to add mitigation, add it in the form of parry or more stagger. Dragonfire Brew is the top one that needs a buff either make it a CD decrease for BoF or make the 2 damage it does actually hit for more than 20k damage... Staggering Around is the shittiest 3 point mitigation talent in existence. Fortification needs to start the dodge buff AFTER Fort Brew expires so you can actually get use out of it, not during. Also, instead of Dodge, change it to stagger or straight physical or magical mitigation.
    Damn dude reading this is making me realize just what a mess the BrM artifact really is. It feels like 90% of the spec's problems could be addressed within artifact traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn dude reading this is making me realize just what a mess the BrM artifact really is. It feels like 90% of the spec's problems could be addressed within artifact traits.
    Out of all the tanks, BrMs EASILY has the worst artifact weap talents. After the first 15 points or so, the rest are pure garbage.

I'm currently tanking M+ on my BrM off spec with 17 points in his weapon.

I would like some flat BrM buffs across the board. If Mistwalk is somehow removed, nothing and no one will be free from the absolute overflow of my saltiness.
    I'm with ya, don't you dare touch Mistwalk Blizz!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mistweaver
    Tier 15: You're forced into Chi Burst for raiding. I don't think there's anything you can do to buff Zen Pulse or Mistwalk to be better in raids. They simply require a lot of conditions to be true, aka Zen Pulse needs a lot of aoe potential, and Mistwalk must therefore imply the other two aren't worth taking for the 40 yard teleport to be beneficial on a fight. Perhaps Zen Pulse could heal everyone around the target too? Like a melee healing bomb.

Tier 30: I honestly have no problem with using any of these. Sometimes I want distance, sometimes I want to sprint across a platform, and sometimes I need to roll out of mechanics a lot.

Tier 45: Spirit of the Crane is just not worth giving up the other two.

Tier 60: Fine I suppose.

Tier 75: Healing Elixir should be made baseline. A new talent could be made to grant Healing Elixir some kind of passive, e.g. Healing Elixir now shields you for 15% of your maximum health, or each time a charge refreshes there is a chance the elixir is overflowing, healing you for 15% and 10% over 5 seconds unless damage is taken. I don't know, not much of a design person.

Diffuse Magic and Dampen Harm had their place in the past, they just need to be buffed back so we can pick what's worth it on various fights. Blizzard not liking people switching talents for every fight does not reflect their keeping the core ideology behind these talents. An interesting utility would being able to use all of these on other people.

Tier 90: One of these three can be made baseline. If RJW was made baseline have it combine with RSK again to make Mistweaver DPS a little smoother. Chi-Ji (and the other celestials for the other specs), would be a fine addition but I'd love for Chi-Ji to just sit there and sing for god's sake. Jade Serpent Statue we had before, them removing it was a slap in the face. Whatever they remove they can make a talent that changes it, like RJW synergy with Essence Font is a talent, perhaps increasing it's healing slightly too from baseline. Some kind of empowered Chi-Ji, and the statue could be changed to pick targets on its own and maybe copy our mastery whenever a specific spell is used.

Bare minimum they need to shuffle these talents around and make a fistweaving talent row. Toolkit wise I only have three major gripes.

1. We have 2 single target spells, Effuse and Sheilun's, and they're both fundamentally crap. Effuse costs too much to do so little. They can make it a swift emergency heal, or an efficient cheap heal. The tooltip says fast and efficient but I don't know who did the math wrong there. Sheilun's is too slow to ever get to work, if it built charges faster we could let it overheal all the time but a 2 second explosion of a heal is just not needed anywhere.
    2. Essence Font can be incredibly punishing if everyone isn't in range or if it overheals at all. I just wish it was a little easier to use compared to other healer burst like Disc or Shaman. Nor is Essence Font better than theirs either, but we can't win everything.
    3. Soothing Mist outside of tank healing is such a neglected mechanic. I wish we had a simple way of applying it to someone, like a super cheap and low-healing Effuse or something.

I'd like to see some Windwalker talents looked at.

Hit Combo is too good. It should either be baseline or put up against Serenity so that you're making a meaningful choice between big sustained or big burst. In it's current row, we never take RJW or Xuen, both of which are iconic and fun for the class.

WDP shouldn't be a talent. The class feels so much better with that one extra ability. Maybe we should get a baseline ability called Dragon Punch and the talent makes it Whirling?

Chi Burst shouldn't have a cast time. Nerf it's damage output if necessary but casting feels wrong in this class

Biggest thing: There really should be a talent row that specifically deals with SEF. It's the most iconic spell in the game IMO and it kinda stinks that I'm replacing it with Serenity if I want the best ability (in theory). An SEF talent row could offer the current version of SEF vs WoD's version vs the beta version of SEF. The beta version could basically replace Chi Orbit and do the same thing, only be animated as your clones hanging out nearby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGFihtdVXo check out 16:00. They're pretty happy with Brewmasters atm unfortunately - so I wouldn't expect too much change.

hmm things I could see as possible/probable changes

Brewmaster: Statue becoming baseline, or some similar good aoe pulling tool, Keg smash doesn't really count being as it's a big part of our standard rotation. Maybe Blackout Combo going baseline as well, making Blackout strike less boring of an ability

Windwalker: I could easily see Hit Combo becoming baseline as it is by far the dominant talent in that row, which they did say they would look at those sorts of talents and if they should be baseline instead

Mistweaver: honestly I have not played it enough to really see what needs changing, it feels good and seems to be an all around solid healer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGFihtdVXo check out 16:00. They're pretty happy with Brewmasters atm unfortunately - so I wouldn't expect too much change.
    He's not completely wrong though, we are great tanks and basically immune to spikes and smooth to heal. But that doesn't mean we don't need some QoL changes and other things.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19H.html
    Nothing will change. We will continue to be the lowest ST dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Yeah it just feels strange to (almost) die to like 20 little mobs that don't hit hard at all since our mitigation doesn't work against being nibbled to death by cats. I've even died the first time I did the spider-gauntlet in the Withered Scenario (had the don't-die-once Suramar buff though) since stagger does nothing against 40 little spiders biting you.

Would really help if purifying brew had some base amount like always purifies 10% stagger at least.
    This is a very interesting idea. Much like Death Strike from DKs where it heals at least 10% of your HP no matter how little damage you took prior to 5 sec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19H.html
    Nothing will change. We will continue to be the lowest ST dps class.
    Have you thought that maybe...just maybe....I've been a bit busy recently to getting around to updating the profiles? I can think of a number of things that can change that should help that profile in particular (six feathered fan being one of them).