Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nah. Walking away is a good way to defuse the situation, but you should NOT be expected to get insulted and suck it up.
    Just like I find perfectly acceptable for someone to punch back if he's assaulted, I find perfectly acceptable to not swear back if you're insulted. The onus is on the person which initiate the agression.
    Insulting people isn't really aggression, though. It's being a dick, but it's not inciting violence. I could easily see her taking out a civil suit against them, but I could also seeing them pressing criminal charges for assault.

Best thing that happens here is everyone walks away and pretends it never happened. No one is going to win if it goes to court.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    In my world a man shall never hit a woman, regardless of what. A man is strong enough to control the woman with hurting her. But I guess since we live in 2016 with feminism and all, this is probably fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a line between self defense, and assault.

You can't suddenly claim you were defending yourself from a punch if you harmed them far worse than they harmed you. Even if it was caused by her falling over, I would imagine the law would view her getting hard enough to be knocked over is over the top.
    That's bullshit. She punched, he punched back. He didn't escalate.

The fact his punch scored and she hit her head on the ground is on her.

Don't fucking hit people.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Violence generates more violence. She used violence, got what she tecnically deserved. I still don't agree with this though, as both of them were wrong.

Deleted

You can't suddenly claim you were defending yourself from a punch if you harmed them far worse than they harmed you. Even if it was caused by her falling over, I would imagine the law would view her getting hard enough to be knocked over is over the top.
    I've yet to read the whole thread (cba, too much) but your definition of assault is very skewed. She punched him, he punched back and then backed off. Clearly justified no matter if it's a man or a woman.

Assault would've been knocking her to the ground like that, then continuing (taking further unnecessary action even though the threat has already been neutralized) after her to keep attacking.

The issue here and with every other video recording of any violent situation is that people don't understand violence because most only ever see it on TV/Film. It's the same problem when a cop shoots someone with a knife and people shout "OMG BUT A GUN IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A KNIFE!". People do NOT understand violence or the consequences of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Hm. Define which aggression though. The instigation? Or the attack?
    I thought it was clear from my post that it's the initial provocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Insulting people isn't really aggression, though. It's being a dick, but it's not inciting violence.
    Disagree. Depending on what is said and the tone, it can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    In my world a man shall never hit a woman, regardless of what. A man is strong enough to control the woman with hurting her. But I guess since we live in 2016 with feminism and all, this is probably fine.
    it's actually pretty sad that people still have this point of view and are stuck in the past. it's honestly more dehumanizing than the act of hitting a woman.

how about a man shall never hit anyone and a woman shall never hit anyone. these white knight rules are killing me

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

And eye for an eye... You threw a punch, he threw one back. Every action theres an equal reaction...

If you want men to act honorable, then make sure your women are acting like a lady.

10+ Year Old Account
    She hit first and got what was coming to her, women want equal rights no? if a man hits another man, he will get hit back.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Weaker human hit first. Stronger human reacted to this hit with a hit of their own.

Take gender out of it and suddenly it's not that big a deal. If the first hit was thrown from a small, weak man, would that article even be up?
    Of course not.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

He swung one time. There was nothing excessive about hit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are both guilty of assault. The rest doesn't matter. If he had just pushed her away, she would have still received a cracked skull from pavement to head.

Deleted
    and this is how self defense works

nothing to see here. bad luck lady maybe you get another chance

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Don't fucking hit people.
    basically this

doesnt matter who throws the first punch its just asking for trouble

She hit him, he hit her, thats equality.

If the opposite had happened people would be on her side, and that it was his fault that he was dying. he would be called a coward for hitting a girl.

And i bet a lot of people would be laughing their asses off because a girl knocked out a guy

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Out of interest, would those people who think it's okay to punch a woman just because you get clipped by a slap also think this was acceptable if she was like 7 years old?

I mean, that's the same right, get slapped punch back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Out of interest, would those people who think it's okay to punch a woman just because you get clipped by a slap also think this was acceptable if she was like 7 years old?

Are you equating women to the fragility of a 7 year old child?

Half-heartedly I could break a 7 year old's neck with the force of a punch.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Are you that stupid? or just pretending?

1. this was not a slap. It was a full force punch.
    2. adult woman are not the same as 7 year old kids. (most of them )
    3. you are sexist.

Adults should take full responsibility for their actions regardless of gender.