Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Should bad tanks be penalized if the run doesn't go smooth?

Especially in LFD/LFR, should the game have some sort of "bad tank" protection if in fact the tank isn't pulling their weight / wiping the group / failing at pulls etc?

I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool for the daily heroic, its almost getting unbearable. It really seems like the queue section of the player base has fallen in skill this expansion. Could just be my experience though.

So getting back to penalizing bad tanks, maybe if they solo queued for the bag, they don't get the bag at the end of the run? Or instead of 3 players required to vote kick, only 2 are needed? What suggestions can we make to fix the bad tank situation?

Well come on Jay then we should do the same to bad healers and DPS. Eye for an eye and all?

Only jerks, cowards and weak personalities need "protection" against other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about removing the bag.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    You know, you could just kick the bad tank, just like you would kick bad DDs or healers

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if you think a person is doing a bad job you could tell em how to get better or if you cant be arsed with that then deal with it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is why people are hesitant to go into a tanking/healing role, every dps and their mom expect Method level tanks and if they fall too short they get hammered by the rest of the group.

Deleted
    And prepare for 3 hour queues when all those bad tanks decide to roll dps.

Hahahah, this gave me a good chuckle.

Vote kick is the only option as I see it. Imagine a "bad dps" protection. Half the playerbase would not even get to play

Quote Originally Posted by Valkonion View Post
    This is why people are hesitant to go into a tanking/healing role, every dps and their mom expect Method level tanks and if they fall too short they get hammered by the rest of the group.
    Dude no. I expect Exorsus level tanks

Deleted
    ROFL

Yes, i only see bad tanks. Bad DPS with low - Very low performance and bad healers is not something you see very often?!?! or, is it?

Never penalize people! It's bad design, always encourage and reward.

Bad tank protection, when your tank is bad, the game should stack up buffs on them to make them less likely to die.

There should be a system that forces every warrior, paladin, death knight, demon hunter, monk and Druid into their tank spec if the queue takes longer than 50 seconds for a healer.

The outright disgust when you're stuck as a healer in a group with a DK, DH and Ret pally sitting around waiting for a tank. you could be twice as useful if you change specs you turds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool
    No you haven't.

where are all the tanks..new tank queues..omg sucky tank kill yourself..

give people a break. its a team - is that hunter misdirecting to help out? are the team silencing or ccing to help out someone obviously new or struggling?

If all you are doing is tunnel vision dps you are just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    No you haven't.
    How do you know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well come on Jay then we should do the same to bad healers and DPS. Eye for an eye and all?
    Come on, DPSs don't even have that kind of prices and have to wait like 10 "times" the time (don't know better way to say it, not native speaker) that a tank or healer have to wait. DPSs already carry a punishment even if they are the best (talking about queues, premades apart).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How do you know?
    Extremely safe guess based on post history.

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Come on, DPSs don't even have that kind of prices and have to wait like 10 "times" the time (don't know better way to say it, not native speaker) that a tank or healer have to wait. DPSs already carry a punishment even if they are the best (talking about queues, premades apart).
    So it's not ok to be a bad tank but if you pulled less than 100k dps in LFR that's fine? Sorry but don't act like being bad at dps is an ok thing. It ain't. Nor is being bad at healing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to pick up a fight with the tank community? Good luck.

Yeah sure, put a protetction, but only if there's one for dps too. I swear those people don't walk around with a interrupt on their bar anymore.