Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Love the stupidity and paranoia on this forum when it comes to the cash shop.

People fear because blizzard keeps doing what people feared.
    Last edited by muffinss; 2014-03-27 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Love the stupidity and paranoia on this forum when it comes to the cash shop.
    Totally paranoid and stupid when other games have gone down this exact same path in the same manor, and Blizzard itself has only expanded the cash shop and continued more greedy behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Oh look, another thinly-veiled whine about paid 90s. How original.
    If you don't stop it now it will only spiral out of control. There must always be... *lightning* resistance.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

it's only expanded the shop with purcheaseables that don't affect core gameplay in relation to others or gaining an advantage over non-payers. (any advantage gained by buying a 90 is not related to core gameplay, is also drowned out by the millions who already have level 90's and is quite negligible as it hardly takes any time to get to 90 anyway). There is no reason for paranoia over something the company has not done.

BUt that's not what this topic is about.

Garrison's getting paid options (most likely for cosmetics) are not worth it since its only going to last the expansion. Non-cosmetics even more so for the same reason applying even more potently. Persistent non-cosmetic purchasables. If its not significant enough, its not worth it but if it is significant enough, it may push the line of whats acceptable to get from the store or not in erms of an advantage over others or effect on the economy given the garrisons intended function.

If its REALLY fancy cosmetics? Maybe. But most people will be put off by the fact it will only last within WoD. Will the work needed to create it be worth the money gained if the demand is not quite high enough or projected/predicted to be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    I guess I'm too late to beat the Blizzard apologists to this thread.

And yes. Garrisons will be a paid feature in some way. Mark my words. There's was far too much bitching about race-specific garrisons for that at least not to happen for cash.

Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.
    I didn't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I didn't forget.
    Best necro threat ever

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Best necro threat ever
    Yep very much looking forward to watching Viridiancity's hat-eating video.

Deleted
    You have to do it @Viridiancity
    You gave your word

10+ Year Old Account
    lol nice reminder
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    With them taking forever to release the type of resource that will be used for it I kinda fear that they will add an option to buy whatever resource is used to upgrade it and add paid upgrades and cosmetic stuff only available on the store.

I'm really excited about garrisons since they are farms on steroids. It will be a real bummer if they add yet another pay to win, pay to own while you pay to play option... More stuff added to the game that we can't obtain without paying more money in a game we pay monthly to play...
    I admit I am a noob, but what a person actually "win", relatively, if that person buys resources with money. And inversely, if this person is "winning", what do you actually lose?

Cosmetic items? It is cosmetic. Blizzard have already stated they will not sell gear, though they can change their mind. Mounts you can already buy.

So beside saving time, what else is there? People spend money to save time. Other people save money by spending time. That is why some people have servants and some people are servants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    I guess I'm too late to beat the Blizzard apologists to this thread.

And yes. Garrisons will be a paid feature in some way. Mark my words. There's was far too much bitching about race-specific garrisons for that at least not to happen for cash.

Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.
    So where's the video?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't forget.
    This is probably the only time I've ever seen a necro that was entirely justified. @Viridiancity, we're awaiting your hat-eating video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    We should also fish up all the people that said transmog helms were a "slippery slope" to selling gear :P

I didn't forget.
    Never forget.

looking forward to video

Maybe the delay is due to finding a good hat for eating? I sure hope so
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.