Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Void Lord potentially revealed and New enemy faction

~The Ethereal's~

The Ethereal's are due and likely to get significant development soon along the veins that the arrokoa got during WoD. The Ethereal Namely because they are the only ones that have had direct contact with the Void lords in such a way that their entire planet was consumed in the Void and their bodies.

The Consortium and the Protectorate were factions friendly to the Player factions when we went to outland and they had us fight the Void Lord Dimensius the All-Devouring who consumed their homeworld K'aresh.

There is another arm of the Ethereal that is an enemy faction known as the Ethereum which many of it's members transcend into Void like beings. This faction and the other Ethereal's clash frequently.

You might be wondering why i called Dimensius the All-Devouring a Void Lord because there is no way we could of killed him in TBC if it was a Void Lord the greatest threat in the universe. I don't think this is the case after we have actually learned about the Void Lords after TBC and with a new piece of the puzzle coming from the shadow priest Artifact.
    Xal'atath whispers: I long for the day our masters can truly pass into this realm. You have only seen fragments, shadows; the faintest of echoes. Ask the Ethereals what one of these manifestations are capable of.
    This quote when you think about the fate of the Ethereal's homeworld reveals that Dimensius may in fact be a Void Lord but the manifestation of him in the Mortal world that consumed K'aresh and made his way to outland was just a small fragment of the Void Lord much like Sargeras using an Avatar. For a Void Lord to truly enter into the world requires the corruption of a Dark Titan. But I beleive this is because a Dark Titan would simply snuff all light out in the galaxy unopposed. When everything is dead and all light is snuffed out all that will remain is the Void and the beings can cross the threshold.

Now with that we now potentially have ONE named Void Lord and a new antagonist to add into the fold. knowing the way Elementals work or for that matter Void beings which are fairly similar Dimensius is very likely not gone.

The Ethereum is still active and likely has another new leader. Do you remeber the Ethereal in dragonblight negotiating with a blue Dragonoid in the War against Malygos. This is new information added with Legion that comes from that scenario back in 2008

It is revealed that in exchange for their aid in the Nexus War, Malygos had promised the Ethereum access to the blue dragonflight's treasures within the Nexus, as it was negotiated in the accord between Goramosh and Mu'fah several years earlier. The Ethereum seeks to become an unstoppable force--to become void,[1] and they are using the surge needles in Coldarra to bore into the Twisting Nether and call up void energies.[5] After Nexus-Prince Bilaal is defeated by an adventurer and Azuregos, Azuregos remains in the Nexus so that it will not fall into the wrong hands again.[
    In the Future we definetly will see the Ethereum again likely when the Void starts to take stage once again in the story. The Void has been in play at moments in Warcraft past namely in Netherstorm and Nagrand.

Narru in a darkened state like the one in Oshu'gun, The one in Shadowmoon Valley in WoD, and of course Muru are Darkened or Dying Narru we encountered and there was either always Void beings around them or they themselves became a Void God of some type such as Entrophus.
    Xal'atath whispers: I know the naaru consider us horrors to be resisted. We do not share this view. They are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path. They will return to their masters... in time.
    Lastly I believe immense surges of power... not fel but the techno Sorcery the Ethereal's use is the cause that can tear the fabric of reality and let the Void pass across the veil. Netherstorm having a huge void presence and the edges of Hellfire where it falls off into the Nether would make this seem plausible. The use of the Surge needles confirming the Ethereums plans to transcend into Void beings also supports this theory.
    Xal'atath whispers: The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would meet here? (in Netherlight Temple)
    So with all this information we can easily add 2 new villans into the franchise that we VERY LIKELY will see in the very near future.

That would be
    #1 Dimensius the All Devouring who I would think we could even fight next expansion. still as an echo but in a raid setting with the Ethereum and other Void monstrocities. Even a Mini raid like Trial of Valor would be good to start building suspense towards this new conflict.

#2 The Current Ethereal's Leading the Ethereum

then of course there is another. We will see N'zoth the last Old God alive on Azeroth and the Void Lords last chance to corrupt the Titan Soul of Azeroth.

In Legion the Twilight Cult is very much alive. The torch has passed between Cho'gall to the Twilight Father aka Benedictus in Cata. The current leader is an as of yet unknown antagonist the be revealed.

anyway see there guys. 1 very real antagonist in the same vein as Prophet Zul, Azshara, N'zoth to remeber moving forward. Many have forgotten about Dimensius but with the revelation that the Void is a force all it's own and a very real threat reviewing lore from the past is important.

So anyway now we are at a whopping 4 major antagonists left. potentially 6 if they develop the leaders of the Ethereum and Twilight Cult and keep them around longer then 1 content zone or dungeon.

ANYWAY

What do people think about this in hindsight?

I personally think it's concrete evidence that we actually have a named VL and potential antagonists to add to Azshara / N'zoth / Prophet Zul. adding Dimensius the All-Devouring to the list just feels like a given considering what this potential Void Lord (avatar) has accomplished and the very likely scenario it is to see him again moving forward.

Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-09 at 02:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    anaxie, +1 for effort, but i am not going to read all of this... i bet what your saying is close though
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    anaxie, +1 for effort, but i am not going to read all of this... i bet what your saying is close though
    You might actually want to read it. I think it could end up being legit because of the new legion infomation that mentions this guy

Essentially it not only names a Void lord. Who we could fight in again at any point for resons I explain.

It effectively pushes our major antagonists post legion up to 4. @Golden Yak Get your ass in here.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-09 at 02:53 AM.

Didn't you just post similar crap the other day? Same response, which is Xal'alath cannot be trusted. Nothing he says is valid information. Literally the inscription on the blade: "Xal'atath has a mind of its own. Ignore its maddening whispers. Do not trust the lies it spins. Take from it what you need, but always remember that the dark presence in the blade is not your ally."

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Didn't you just post similar crap the other day? Same response, which is Xal'alath cannot be trusted. Nothing he says is valid information. Literally the inscription on the blade: "Xal'atath has a mind of its own. Ignore its maddening whispers. Do not trust the lies it spins. Take from it what you need, but always remember that the dark presence in the blade is not your ally."
    No it was a different quote but this with the is actually quite telling. Just read it and think about it.

also WHAT LIES? half the shit the blade says are facts.

Dimensius did in fact consume the Ethereals homeworld. Why don't you try actually reading the thread.

You need to ignore the flavor text seriously. Blizzard wouldnt have so many cryptic breadcrumb quotes in this thing for nothing. Especially when a great deal of it's quotes are actually acurate and shed new light on past events.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-09 at 02:54 AM.

Dimensius can't be a void lord or even its avatar, because the whole point of the void lords is that they're essentially "stuck" outside of the material plane.
    The whole reason they want Azeroth is to possess it to create an avatar. They don't have any other avatars.

The Old Gods are the closest thing to the role you want to put Dimensius in. They are the strongest minions that the Void Lords can manifest, and act as their hands in the world of mortals.

Dimensius is just a really big void walker/void elemental.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him again, but I don't think he'll be any kind of mastermind or particularly big villain.
    Definitely not Azshara level of importance.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-11-09 at 02:55 AM.

If it gives me playable ethereals, Dimensius can be the warcraft one true final boss for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Dimensius can't be a void lord or even its avatar, because the whole point of the void lords is that they're essentially "stuck" outside of the material plane.
    The whole reason they want Azeroth is to possess it to create an avatar. They don't have any other avatars.

The Old Gods are the closest thing to the role you want to put Dimensius in. They are the strongest minions that the Void Lords can manifest, and act as their hands in the world of mortals.

did you not read the blades quote.

Dimensius was an echo of the void lords manifestation. They can't pass into our realm just very small fragments. Why do you think we only see Void beings in areas where the fabric of reality nad tearing itself apart like in Netherstorm.

Also no Dimensius is not a simple void walker if it consumed the Techno-Sorcery race of Ethereal's and K'aresh. it's something more and thats just a tiny fragment of a void lords manifestation "aka avatar" Think of Ragnaros manifesting outside the firelands. he was weak as fuck outside his realm even decades after being brought there by the Dark Irons's Emperor Thaurissan.

Without the absence of light and complete darkness which is what a Dark Titan would bring. No Void Lord truely manifest in all likelihood. Thats the whole point of the Dark Titan. the snuff light out of the cosmos.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-09 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    did you not read the blades quote.

Dimensius was an echo of the void lords manifestation. They can't pass into our realm just very small fragments. Why do you think we only see Void beings in areas where the fabric of reality nad tearing itself apart like in Netherstorm.
    That's, literally what I said.
    They can't manifest in this plane, they don't have avatars, they only have Old Gods.
    The Old Gods are their greatest minions. Dimensius isn't that big of a deal.

He's big and scary definitely, but he's not an Azshara or a N'Zoth. He's not a big name character.
    He's definitely not a Void Lord!

You're extrapolating things that the quote doesn't say.

Void Lords are new lore, they only exist as of the Chronicle which is new as of this expansion.
    They aren't going to contradict themselves this early! If Dimensius was something so important as an avatar of the void lords, the existence of such creatures would be in the Chronicle.
    The Chronicle only mentions Old Gods, which are their most powerful servants.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-11-09 at 02:58 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I'll agree with this guy. The knife's interpretation of the void powers, and OUR interpretation of the knife's babblings... information is lost somewhere here. She may be referencing ALL the voidspawns we've encountered so far, like voidwalkers and stuff, and just throwing Dimensius as an powerful representant of the bunch.

Or he may actually be an whisp of the Void Lords.
    Or every voidbeing is some sort of weak manifestation of the Void Lords.

Damn I love when the lore is fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lastly I believe immense surges of power... not fel but the techno Sorcery the Ethereal's use is the cause that can tear the fabric of reality and let the Void pass across the veil. Netherstorm having a huge void presence and the edges of Hellfire where it falls off into the Nether would make this seem plausible. The use of the Surge needles confirming the Ethereums plans to transcend into Void beings also supports this theory.
    The void-creatures in Netherstorm were due to Manaforge Ultris exploding.

Especially when a great deal of it's quotes are actually acurate and shed new light on past events.
    I think you mean "shed new Void on past events."

They can't manifest in this plane, they don't have avatars, they only have Old Gods.

He's big and scary definitely, but he's not an Azshara or a N'Zoth. He's not a big name character.

You're extrapolating things that the quote doesn't say.

Void Lords are new lore, they only exist as of the Chronicle which is new as of this expansion.
    They aren't going to contradict themselves this early! If Dimensius was something so important as an avatar of the void lords, the existence of such creatures would be in the Chronicle.
    The Chronicle only mentions Old Gods, which are their most powerful servants.
    Old gods can corrupt and mark the dark titan to snuff the galaxy of life. without light being extinguished only weak manifestations can pass through. otherwise there would be 0 void beings in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

I think you mean "shed new Void on past events."
    This manaforge was used beyond its capacity and exploded, creating a tear in the fabric of reality
    He had long past consumed the Ethereal's entire planet. the fact Dimensius is mentioned again in Legion is pretty important. because it basically tells us it's a Void lord but just 1/100th of it's essence seeping into the material plane.

It caused a tear in the fabric of reality. Dimensius as a vastly powerful being. It didnt convey well in a quest but remeber we defeated Ragnaros SOLO in Hyjal in a quest when he retreated to the Firelands. We are very likely going to see Dimensius again. Not at full power in my opinion but something soon if they bring the Ethereal back into the spotlight it's going to probably be a major antagonist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

."
    To quote this again. I wasn't talking about Netherstorm. I was talking about on their planet K'aresh Looking at what their race is capable of it must of been brimming with energies and it ripped a fabric in reality and then Dimensius decended from the Void and consumed their entire world.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-09 at 03:11 AM.

Dimensius is not the name of the Void Lord who might have created him. While those powerful VoidLords are echoes of a Void Lords power, they are entities of their own, not like an avatar. They are not like the Old Gods who were sent out to corrupt a planet and do so eagerly, Dimensius just straight up nuked the planet.

A voidlord is created when the power of a Void Lord seeps into the physical universe. It manifests into an entity that then goes out to destroy stuff.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yeah I'll agree with this guy. The knife's interpretation of the void powers, and OUR interpretation of the knife's babblings... information is lost somewhere here. She may be referencing ALL the voidspawns we've encountered so far, like voidwalkers and stuff, and just throwing Dimensius as an powerful representant of the bunch.

Or he may actually be an whisp of the Void Lords.
    Or every voidbeing is some sort of weak manifestation of the Void Lords.

Damn I love when the lore is fresh.
    Its very likely talking about Dimensius the quote is.

Xal'atath whispers: I long for the day our masters can truly pass into this realm. You have only seen fragments, shadows; the faintest of echoes. Ask the Ethereals what one of these manifestations are capable of.
    How the Voidlord found K'aresh is still hotly debated among the surviving ethereals, but the effects of his coming were unmistakable: he opened countless gateways into the Void and the Twisting Nether around the planet, bathing K'aresh in arcane and dark energies. One of the mortal races hastily attempted to construct magical barriers around its cities, but although the dark energies were blocked, the unimpeded flood of arcane energy tore away the mortals' corporeal shells and infused their souls with enough energy to transform them into ethereals. This altered state proved to be a blessing in disguise, however, as their enhanced minds and magical abilities allowed the ethereals to fight Dimensius and his limited forces to a standstill. Over the years, however, Dimensius eventually grew powerful enough to summon armies of fellow void creatures, forcing the ethereals to flee into the Twisting Nether.[3]

Dimensius also attacked a world named Karkora. A naaru named T'uure expended its own life force to save Karkora's people, shattering into fragments and releasing a holy nova that washed away the void and banished Dimensius from the world
    - - - Updated - - -

He is without a doubt a Void Lord. Just at a small fragment of it's true power and form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Dimensius is not the name of the Void Lord who might have created him. While those powerful VoidLords are echoes of a Void Lords power, they are entities of their own, not like an avatar. They are not like the Old Gods who were sent out to corrupt a planet and do so eagerly, Dimensius just straight up nuked the planet.

A voidlord is created when the power of a Void Lord seeps into the physical universe. It manifests into an entity that then goes out to destroy stuff.
    Regardless

Dimensius is likely to return again as a major antagonist because of the importance of the Ethereal's in the overall story arc of the Void . I expect to see him again and i'd say it's safe to add him to the list Zul, Azshara and N'zoth are on.

He is without a doubt a Void Lord. Just at a small fragment of it's true power and form.
    Yeah uh... no.
    I don't think you know what "without a doubt" means.

There is a lot of room for doubt, and very very little evidence for your headcanon.

Dimensius is a powerful being of void. Void Lords are creatures of void. All void elementals are "fragments of the void", because they are literally made of void energy. Every void god. Ever voidcaller. Every voidwalker.
    Does this make them Void Lords? Does this make Dimensius a Void Lord? Does this make Dimensius important, outside of his role in destroying the Ethereal home planet?

No.

Is he likely to appear again? Sure!
    His only important trait is "he's big and strong" though. He's not charismatic or mysterious enough to be a villain on the same tier as Azshara or N'Zoth. He's not going to ever be a big name villain, just a big threatening force.
    More of a Xavius than an Azshara, except without even that much personality.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Alright, let's read it right.

the One manifestation = Dimensius.
    One manifestation = fragments, shadows, the faintest of echoes. Echoes.
    Dimensius = One Echoe of the void lords.

Do we know if ALL THE OTHER GODDAMN voidbeings are also tiny manifestations? No confirmation if they are or not.

Thus, we can predict, with accuracy, one thing based on what the knife says:
    Dimensius was an Echoe of the Void Lords.

Everything beyond this would be bullshit until it's confirmed by an oficial source that isn't an NPC babbling stuff without proofs. Tribunal of Ages was retconned into oblivion, so I can't trust info from NPCs ingame anymore.

Dimensius can be a Void Lord, but he will only be one when it's confirmed.
    Dimensius and every other voidbeing could also be echoes of Void Lords (with Dimensius being an strong one by our humanoid standarts), but this also needs confirmation or denial.

We can't say "without a doubt" without confirmation - that's not how Lore Discussion works.

Dimensius consumed an entire planet and summoned void armies. He's definetly up there on the power scale with N'zoth / Ragnaros / and various other villans.

Regardless of if it truely is a Void Lord's echo or not. but considering it's the only one we heard about and it's accomplishments and we know of it being banished once by the players in TBC and once by a Narru he certainly comes back and is a enigmatic entity.

Strength alone is not what makes someone an important antagonist.
    Gul'Dan personally isn't that powerful, he gets all of his power from other creatures, but he is incredibly important just by the virtues of being cunning and ruthless.
    Zul, who you put on this list yourself, probably isn't independently powerful at all! He's just a leader, and has political power.
    Azshara is the world's most powerful mortal spellcaster, but she's not an Elemental Lord or a God.

Dimensius's only characteristic is "very strong".
    That alone isn't enough to make him an important antagonist.

I imagine he'll be a force we oppose at some point, but it'd quite possibly be in the vein of "stop the actual antagonist from allowing him to be summoned" more than anything else.
    As a planet-eating monster, his arrival is the threat. He's more of a tool than a character.

Also Dimensisus is not "the only one we've heard about".
    We don't know that there's anything at all unique about Dimensius.
    We only know that he's a very powerful void creature, and destroyed a planet with his armies. That could easily just make him a big void walker, as he was portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Alright, let's read it right.

the One manifestation = Dimensius.
    One manifestation = fragments, shadows, the faintest of echoes. Echoes.
    Dimensius = One Echoe of the void lords.

Do we know if ALL THE OTHER GODDAMN voidbeings are also tiny manifestations? No confirmation if they are or not.

Thus, we can predict, with accuracy, one thing based on what the knife says:
    Dimensius was an Echoe of the Void Lords.

Everything beyond this would be bullshit until it's confirmed by an oficial source that isn't an NPC babbling stuff without proofs. Tribunal of Ages was retconned into oblivion, so I can't trust info from NPCs ingame anymore.

Dimensius can be a Void Lord, but he will only be one when it's confirmed.
    Dimensius and every other voidbeing could also be echoes of Void Lords (with Dimensius being an strong one by our humanoid standarts), but this also needs confirmation or denial.

We can't say "without a doubt" without confirmation - that's not how Lore Discussion works.
    We can however say Dimensius is a threat and we likely will see him once again when the Void starts to take stage in the next expansion or the one after. Hell we very well could see Dimensius as the intro non tier tier next expansion if the bring out the Consortium and Protectorate again.

It would be smart to be obvious and start introducing the Void as a threat to the players and cause some build up for the future much like they did with N'zoth and Azshara in Cataclysm and Legion.

I'd definitely agree that we'll probably see Dimensius again, in a void themed expansion.
    He'll probably a boss that we help banish before he fully manifests, or we have to prevent his arrival in some fashion.

I just find it difficult to agree with almost anything else you've said about him :P