Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Every great country eventually falls, exhausts itself. English speaking powers have (and it's been a while) shown clear signs of exhaustion and degeneration. Their dementia is an inevitable process: we've seen it happen countless times before in history.

The real question bow is: who'll lead civilization now? There is no clear candidate, not even in the far horizon.

China is a country of quantity, of masses; they lack quality and genius that marks leading countries. They'll be influential, but they don't seem fit to be spiritual leaders.
    Russia is a country of thugs, it's in their DNA. They'll always cultivate some Ivan the Terrible to opress/lead them, their medieval mindset is deep ingrained.
    Let's look at Europe? It's exhausted, there is no significant cultural movement being born, no new spiritual direction. Their countries are struggling with simple questions such as the old "strangers at the gate" and how to deal with their angry women.
    France was never fit to lead. Too emotional and vain.
    Germany is a great country, but for some reason always susceptible to go full retard all of a sudden. It's not just nazism, look further in the past and pale before the stupidity of their repeated civil wars.
    India is a mess. Brazil is a joke.

Who else is there?
    Who shall lead civilization? Are we doomed to a long period of stagnation and exhaustion after the turmoil and miracle that was 20th century?!?!
    Your post is so disgustingly ridled with racial and national prejudices that I feel offended, couldn't read it until the end.
    Anyway, you should stop thinking in a paradigm that a world needs a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    My god, the madposts like these are making my day. The world isnt fucking ending, we arnt going to world war 3. There wont be a civil war. Jesus you fucking people are dense. Trump isnt going to come knock down your fucking door and kill you....
    it is a bit fucking ridiculous. their messiah didnt win so lets end it allllllllll.....

Deleted
    Sorry, but early 20th century was a whole other deal. There were powerful imperial countries marching for unavoidable war, there was belle époque about to get crushed by said wars, there were strong and crazy ideologies fighting tooth and nail for people's mind.

We're not marching for massive war, but for stagnation. Now what we have on the outside is the growth of fear and hate, but truly what we have now is exhaustion, boredom. The world needs a gulf of fresh air. We're stuck in a temporary mindset model unable to deal with reality in its entirety, that is the root of problems here. The world is in dire need of vision, inspiration.
    Warmongering russia is a massive threat to the world. And no, they're not defending themselves against Nato. Russian bomb planes are practicing invasions against European countries that are not Nato members. Now the US is isolating themselves from the world and with Trump's love for Russia, why would they stop Russia if they want to invade a small European country? The UN with all it's faults and wrongdoings was based on an ideal that all nations must work together and help eachother. That ideal is dying rapidly, the new ideal is that "Our nation needs no one else, wants no one else, cares about no one else".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    My god, the madposts like these are making my day. The world isnt fucking ending, we arnt going to world war 3. There wont be a civil war. Jesus you fucking people are dense. Trump isnt going to come knock down your fucking door and kill you....
    But we will get climate change, so he's gonna kill lots of the coming generations:P

Deleted
    what happened? why it needs leader now when it didn't had any before.

Deleted

China is a country of quantity, of masses; they lack quality and genius that marks leading countries. They'll be influential, but they don't seem fit to be spiritual leaders.
    Russia is a country of thugs, it's in their DNA.!
    Holy shit! Is this thread a reaction to trump being elected?
    Because trump can say shit like that and his oponents wouldn't miss the occasion to use this as a proof of him being racist and full of stereotype. ...
    Thats wierd really.....

Nobody mentioning the EU? If the people of EU countries could start to actually vote for who they send to the parliament it could become less of a joke. For instance, in Sweden we have a pretty high vote turnout when it comes to general elections. But as soon as it's EU voting time it drops to 30%. With actually skilled people in the EU it could be a world leader (on the market at least).

Us Aussies could give it a crack

Everyone likes Koalas and Kangaroos...Tick

Free Beer for everyone Globally on Friday nights.. Global Happy hour . Tick.

World shuts down for 10 minutes on Melbourne Cup Day ..Tick

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban global Ambassadors...Tick

Any trouble caused globally will meet the Wraith of Russell Crowe. who will fight around the World.

I feel like I am the only person in the world that watched celebrity apprentice.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    it is a bit fucking ridiculous. their messiah didnt win so lets end it allllllllll.....
    Both of you guys hit the nail on the head.

The world isn't coming to an end, Trump isn't going to go door to door killing gays and stuffing women into kitchens or putting black people in chains and selling them to the highest bidder or dropping nukes on the first nation whose leader insults him.

The world isn't coming to an end. Good GOD, people. The world has had political revolutions before, wars before. It can survive a single election. Yes, there is a populist, nationalist movement in the West...which just aligns it with the rest of the modern world that already feels that way. Yes, the world is changing, but these winds have been blowing for the last two decades.

Not a lot is going to change, and certainly not overnight. If you're still terrified, feel free to move to Canada or something - and I mean this in the nicest way, they probably are more aligned with you in viewpoint and you might be happier there - but, really, this isn't the next Hitler and this isn't going to throw the world into chaos or anything.

...the economy, maybe - there's been a depression held back by the force of the world's banks to keep from making progressive leaders look bad so they might not anymore - but we'll get over that, too.

Humanity will survive. And tomorrow...probably won't be that different than yesterday, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I thought so to, was misproven today. A majority of the biggest "civilized" country in the world abandoned all reason and common sense to vote with their feelings of hate and fear alone.
    If you are a blue collar white person who works a manufacturing job then you had plenty of reason to vote how you did.

Not saying I agree with them but there are a lot of very different people in the US who have a lot of very different reasons for voting how they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If you are a blue collar white person who works a manufacturing job then you had plenty of reason to vote how you did.

Not saying I agree with them but there are a lot of very different people in the US who have a lot of very different reasons for voting how they did.
    Yes. Trump is a man of the people!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    Both of you guys hit the nail on the head.

The world isn't coming to an end, Trump isn't going to go door to door killing gays and stuffing women into kitchens or putting black people in chains and selling them to the highest bidder or dropping nukes on the first nation whose leader insults him.

The world isn't coming to an end. Good GOD, people. The world has had political revolutions before, wars before. It can survive a single election. Yes, there is a populist, nationalist movement in the West...which just aligns it with the rest of the modern world that already feels that way. Yes, the world is changing, but these winds have been blowing for the last two decades.

Not a lot is going to change, and certainly not overnight. If you're still terrified, feel free to move to Canada or something - and I mean this in the nicest way, they probably are more aligned with you in viewpoint and you might be happier there - but, really, this isn't the next Hitler and this isn't going to throw the world into chaos or anything.

...the economy, maybe - there's been a depression held back by the force of the world's banks to keep from making progressive leaders look bad so they might not anymore - but we'll get over that, too.

Humanity will survive. And tomorrow...probably won't be that different than yesterday, honestly.
    The banks are the ones creating the economic problems, not the other way around.

Deleted
    Warmongering russia is a massive threat to the world.
    Please tell me you are not 'murican so I can stop laughing at the hypocrisy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post

I don't blame those people, I blame the conspiracy theorists and spoiled brats that just want any excuse to hate everyone that's not them 'cause it feels good to be part a community that hates everyone outside of it.

We are doomed to live through some bullshit just look at the history books. America fucked up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Yes. Trump is a man of the people!
    I didn't say he was the man of the people, he is probably the opposite actually if Clinton wins the popular vote.

Blue collar whites benefit (or at least they think they do) from tariffs and the removal of free trade agreements. They think they benefit when they see less foreigners and stop feeling like strangers in their own country. I am not trying to generalize an obviously large voting group but they turned out in droves in the states they are concentrated in and changed the outcome for everyone.

Their reasoning on a utilitarian basis would be terrible but to them, they think they got their country and job back from foreign immigrants and influence.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't blame those people, I blame the conspiracy theorists and spoiled brats that just want any excuse to hate everyone that's not them 'cause it feels good to be part a community that hates everyone outside of it.
    I don't know who you are referring to. If you are looking for someone to blame for Trump winning then blue collar whites are the people you need to point at.

I'm not going to blame anyone. It was a terrible race with terrible candidates and 1 party rigged it just to end up losing horribly, poetic justice.

I'm a libertarian so I will take this as a victory for gun rights, Marijuana legalization, religious freedom, taxes and maybe, peace. I will take this as a loss for civil rights, free trade and immigration. It is what it is and no one could have individually changed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to mention USA, which is showing a great deal of weakness.

I'd say either Ugandans or the Ghanaians, really depending on who tames a rhino to ride on first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Please tell me you are not 'murican so I can stop laughing at the hypocrisy
    I'm not american.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    One possibility is that technology bridges the gaps in the world and we come together as a people of one planet more and more.

And then there are rainbows and everyone lives happily ever after, I know.
    Magical Chinese monkeys will fly out of my butt before that happens. If you want my honest opinion, I think human life on this planet is going to end in a nuclear fireball.