Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    then they start mocking from the opponent instead of acting like adults.
    I feel like you didn't watch any of Trump's campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're mostly safe Republican seats.
    I'm not talking about seats, I'm talking about those votes being out in larger than expected numbers which tipped the balance for electoral votes for those states to red.

Deleted
    Anything from Clinton yet?

Deleted
    Well the next four years are going to be tough for you guys. It's no exaggeration to say that lives will be lost as a result of this decision. The hope that remains is that the more bizarre and absurd of Trump's proposals will hopefully never see the light of day. In 2018 an determined democratic voter base could flip the house and senate and neuter his power, and after four years of Trump a Democratic or even third party win in 2020 seems a lock when his followers realise how he can't deliver on any of his promises. If everything proceeds legally then it'll be a hellish, but survivable four years. The worry is whether or not there will be elections in 2018 and 2020. That's no exaggeration. Trump has openly discussed ignoring election results if he didn't like them, and now he's commander in chief. What's stopping him from postponing elections?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Which is fine but why they think trump and reps will do a damn thing about it is whats no clear. Rhetoric only seems to work on the ignorant. Are they wilfully ignorant though?
    I would say they're people that are desperate because the world had shifted on then, and politicians from both sides have made promises that they'll "bring back jobs!" only to do nothing until the next election cycle's promise making. I don't think they're well informed on exactly how Trump's proposals will solve their problems, but ultimately this was a "fuck the system that used and fucked me" type of vote.

Deleted
    Well that's it. Good luck you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I would say they're people that are desperate because the world had shifted on then, and politicians from both sides have made promises that they'll "bring back jobs!" only to do nothing until the next election cycle's promise making. I don't think they're well informed on exactly how Trump's proposals will solve their problems, but ultimately this was a "fuck the system that used and fucked me" type of vote.
    Voting for Trump as an anti establishment candidate has got to be the biggeat group think ever. The man had so many politicial connections...

Deleted
    did anyone else enjoy watching reddit going through the stages of grief?

at the start of the night it was all "yeah hillarys got this #fucktrump"
    it quickly turned to, "this isn't right, but its still early, wait until the west coast starts reporting!"
    then "oh no, hes going to win isn't he?"
    and finally "a trump presidency wont be that bad will it, guy? ?? "

fun stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well the next four years are going to be tough for you guys. It's no exaggeration to say that lives will be lost as a result of this decision. The hope that remains is that the more bizarre and absurd of Trump's proposals will hopefully never see the light of day. In 2018 an determined democratic voter base could flip the house and senate and neuter his power, and after four years of Trump a Democratic or even third party win in 2020 seems a lock when his followers realise how he can't deliver on any of his promises. If everything proceeds legally then it'll be a hellish, but survivable four years. The worry is whether or not there will be elections in 2018 and 2020. That's no exaggeration. Trump has openly discussed ignoring election results if he didn't like them, and now he's commander in chief. What's stopping him from postponing elections?
    Did you copy paste that from 2008 and change Obama to Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    What's becoming more and more obvious as this shitstorm unfolds:

The people with higher education, the people who get exposed to people of different backgrounds, live in progressed areas and can adapt to a political arena where the means of finding political solutions when facing differing opinions is not to turn isolationist and call everyone idiots, but discussion and compromise.

Artists, actors, online personalities, business owners that operate in and outside the US, politicians that work abroad and with political areas that also meet people outside the "white america", charity workers, and generally moderate people all saw Trump for what he was. A narcissistic bigot, a near fascist scared man who thought the recipe for "saving America" is to shut out people based on presumptive faith and call it prevention of islamic terrorism. A man that bends facts to his liking then denies what he has said on tape from one day to the next. But his supporters lap it all up in rampant apologism and willful ignorance like the sheep they claim the cucks are.

Now, as much as I hate to use this phrase to generalize it... without the isolated, lowly educated rural gun-waving voters, who sees any kind of immigration, secularism and global cooperation as a threat to their way of life, who can be persuaded more easily with lies and demagoguery than facts, Trump would never have had a snowball's chance in Hell. Sorry, just saying it like it is.
    One election night and the US set itself back decades on key issues and progression in this new reality. A VP who think homosexuality can be treated with shock therapy, and a President who can't even fact check "Country" vs "County" before going on a tantrum.

A man who could say just about anything, be it sexist, racist or incredibly bigoted, and his blind supporters dissect it and argue semantics.
    Supporters who, when facing the backlash of statements such as
    They're bringing drugs, crime and are rapists

yells "Not racist! He never said ALL MEXICANS or ALL MUSLIMS!"

America, you've lost. Not only this coming 4 year period but so much more that the ignoramuses in the Trump camp can't even comprehend.
    But alas, people who believed the US would stand strong against someone who has literally zero business in the White House, got lul rekt cuck
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-11-09 at 12:54 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Exit polls resoundingly show that the overwhelming policy area behind the high rural and blue collar worker turnout that caused schisms in the city-based Democratic strongholds was the economy. People stating basically that foreign policy simply wasn't as important to them as having a job so they could provide for their family.

You can gripe about them all you'd like. They used their political voice, and by the turnout rates their liberal counterparts were fairly disinterested in using theirs. It's easier to gripe about Trump online than stand an hour and a half at a voting booth.
    To be honest, i did honestly asked "wtf is wrong with the usa", because i'm not an american but i followed the election as much as i could and i can't warp my head around any of the statements/policies of Trump in any way. How can half of the country think is ok to be a racist, narcissistic, honestly dumb, sexist, homofobic, etc.

It shouldn't come down to policies, any of the shit he said in any of his speeches should have fucking frightened more than half of the USA enough to not vote for him... i guess racism and xenophobia and many more "ism" are still a big part of the USA, which is honestly depressing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This right here is the prime example of how successful his campaign of misinformation has been.
    Funny. What would you call Hillary's campaign then? Campaign of lies? Please...

So finally this was a fuck the establishment type of vote, paired with a high rural and old people turnout. I hope they suffer, a fucking lot. They deserve this
    On the weird side, this may be a big sign of the decline of US as a superpower. I guess, china will have to asume that part
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Did you copy paste that from 2008 and change Obama to Trump?
    Thats what I'm saying.. I hear the same shit every four years... "sky is falling" bullshit. I'm sure someone will tell me "this time its different!" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Harambe got 15,000 write in votes.
    He got mine, as VP. Cecil was my president, King of the Jungle and all. Sure, he couldn't produce an american birth cert, but neither has Obama, so that's really not an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

You know what's sad? How genuinely afraid some people are of Trump. Not because it's well justified but because the media sat there for however many months and just ramped up the rhetoric about him making him to sound like Satan incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    So finally this was a fuck the establishment type of vote, paired with a high rural and old people turnout. I hope they suffer, a fucking lot. They deserve this
    On the weird side, this may be a big sign of the decline of US as a superpower. I guess, china will have to asume that part
    Only an insanely horrible person would feel this way. You and trump aren't too far off from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

The border will become interesting. Wonder what Mexico will do when they get the bill ^^.
    Nothing which will leave the US in even more debt which means it'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Only an insanely horrible person would feel this way. You and trump aren't too far off from each other.
    I'm mad for their stupidity. If they wanted any change (for the good) they elected a person who is spectacularly unprepared for the job
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Well that's it. Good luck you guys

foreign policy aside....and the potential disasters awaiting there..

domestically they can ready themselves for a period with rising wealth after the stock market and banks again will be completely de-regulated

then...watch it come crashing down and they stand back amazed as how this came to be.

why does this going to happen? because idiots never really learn from their mistakes..and their president reflect the people perfectly. they are fear mongering, ignorant and self centered