Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, it is underwhelming. But you are in good company. I think by now every class has their mount thread and somebody in every forum thinks it is the worst ever and loves a mount that you find terrible.

Maybe this one gets awesome golden, shiny wings?

- - - Updated - - -

202 ppl - 57%. Well, let's see where this goes in a week or so, but don't hold your breath that this is swaying Blizzard....
    as ive said in that post
    the people who are mad are much more vocal then the people who are happy
    somone who is mad with their dish is much more likley to go yell at the chef
    then somone who is happy with their dish to go thank the chef for a good meal

and yeah every class has a forum either here on on the wow site or reddit, atleast 1, saying theirs is the worst, and other classes are the best
    so far ive seen atleast 50 people (and for these forums thats a good amount) of each class say they love theirs
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Fucking LOL at paladin being upset to get an armored horse as mount.

What the fuck did you expect ? You are paladins, you are supposed to ride armored horses, not fucking dragons.

Stop whining and be glade you'll get a fucking mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Fucking LOL at paladin being upset to get an armored horse as mount.

What the fuck did you expect ? You are paladins, you are supposed to ride armored horses, not fucking dragons.

Stop whining and be glade you'll get a fucking mount.
    it wold be very nice of you to tone down on the swearing young lady.
    Such foul words are inappropriate, please behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    I'm sensing some serious sarcasm
    heh that might be the case!

I liked it, at least it can fly. Anything different would be weird due to pallys lore, don't you think?
    Last edited by Saskov; 2016-11-09 at 08:31 PM.

So I went to the other class mount threads and hooooly shit. Nobody is happy aside from shamans. Warriors hate theirs, hunters hate theirs, monks seem to be 50/50, warlocks hate theirs, mages hate theirs and so on. There's people that love them and hate them though. I just don't understand the insane amount of whining.

Not sure why people hate them so much. Would you rather not have a class mount at all? Obviously effort was put into them, nothing is really recreated or copy/pasted. The paladin and warlock ones relate to their original class mounts but that's not even remotely bad.

Sure, a different version of Tyraels charger would have been cool, no doubt about it. That doesn't make our current mount bad at all though. I just hope the wings don't look terrible. That'd ruin the mount imo, so hopefully they look nice.

Edit: I do have to say I'd be a bit dissapointed if the mount didn't change armor based on spec. The one we see in the screenshot doesn't really capture the fantasy of ret or prot, just holy. So hopefully something like that happens.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-11-09 at 11:51 PM.

I'm not a big fan of the design. Horse is fine, but this looks like something from a much simpler/sillier themed game. It's not serious enough to be a capstone mount. It feels like they looked to Hearthstone and the Murkadins for inspiration, instead of Tyrael's charger, Stormwind pvp mount, Invincible, Argent Charger, etc.

Or this

- - - Updated - - -

Or, as someone suggested, redeeming Invincible? Yes please.
    Last edited by Dauntless86; 2016-11-11 at 01:20 PM.

Just saw this on the front page:

• They talked to all of the artists on the team that would be working on the mounts and assigned the mounts to the artists that actually play that class. The artist was given the task of creating a class mount.
    • The artists came up with concepts and came back to the team for discussion and iteration. All of the artists that did the concepts built the models and did the texturing.
    • It wasn't someone unfamiliar with the class doing the work, but someone that was very passionate about it.

And yet that person still decided we needed another horse, even though they play paladin >>

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just saw this on the front page:

• They talked to all of the artists on the team that would be working on the mounts and assigned the mounts to the artists that actually play that class. The artist was given the task of creating a class mount.
    • The artists came up with concepts and came back to the team for discussion and iteration. All of the artists that did the concepts built the models and did the texturing.
    • It wasn't someone unfamiliar with the class doing the work, but someone that was very passionate about it.

And yet that person still decided we needed another horse, even though they play paladin >>
    What would you have preferred over a horse for paladins? It's kinda hard coming up with different mounts while still be paladin related.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    What would you have preferred over a horse for paladins? It's kinda hard coming up with different mounts while still be paladin related.
    Plenty of people have provided suggestions of different mounts and/or styles that could've been used in this thread rather than a pretty much "touched up" version of our older one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Angel form?
    Giant Seraphim wings?
    Armoured Gryphon for Alliance/Middle finger for horde fakes?
    Giant motorized golden gleaming glorius dildoe of Holy Retribution of Penetration of any Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Angel form?
    You mean get to turn into something similar to Guardian of the Ancient Kings / Queen like Protection does now? Personally, that would be an amazing flight form (granted they'd probably need touch it up and add some more colors).

Why can't Lothraxion be our flying mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Why can't Lothraxion be our flying mount?
    Our Riding skill is not high enough as of yet to ride this totally making sense lore-wise Light-turned Demon Horn-less DreadLord.

That may be a bit awkward lol. I personally dont mind the new mount, I'm really reserving my judgment for what I see when the wings and possible spec changes are revealed.
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, our pony is not that exciting. But guess what, we can't win everytime, they said that the artists that worked on the mounts were chosen from the class they play themselves, and we must admit that the mount does incapture what it means to be a paladin - a righteous and holy knight.

That being said, i will probably still use it just beacuse its new.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerenty View Post
    Yes, our pony is not that exciting. But guess what, we can't win everytime, they said that the artists that worked on the mounts were chosen from the class they play themselves, and we must admit that the mount does incapture what it means to be a paladin - a righteous and holy knight.

That being said, i will probably still use it just beacuse its new.
    Yeah, it says the same thing as our other paladin horse mounts say. Why not do something new if you have the chance? There are ways to be more creative than basically rehashing your old mount and going "But this one has wings! It's better!" Why don't DK's gets get a revamp of their horse / flying mount they already have? Probably because the chose paladin one felt like being lazy or felt like putting in the same effort as the rest of the ones in charge of paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Probably because the chose paladin one felt like being lazy or felt like putting in the same effort as the rest of the ones in charge of paladins.
    I feel like we were less shafted than mages though...a manhole cover from dalaran? really?
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    I feel like we were less shafted than mages though...a manhole cover from dalaran? really?
    Eh, see I feel theirs is a bit more fitting. If you look at all the mages from Wrath and such they always used the floating discs so it's a bit more fitting. Also, it's not like it's a manhole cover there's more to it.

LOL I know, I just like that comparison :P Honestly though, like I said before, I kind of like it, Elegant, Regal, Cant tell if its a new run animation but I like it, and to be honest I fully expect there to be spec differences, it makes no sense for a Ret or Prot paladin to have a massive hammer balanced(???) on the back with a tome.