Page 1 of 3
LastLast

destroy legendary

Hi,

here is a Blizz quote :"Patch 7.1 increased the chance that you will receive a legendary item if you don't already have one."
    I got that crappy sephuz's secret ring legendary, so I'm guessing I'm back to the normal chance of getting a legendary.

What if I destroy the my first legendary? Will I have the increased chance again?

Yep. Destroying your legendary will definitely boost your chances of getting a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    Yep. Destroying your legendary will definitely boost your chances of getting a new one.
    Iirc their was a blue post about this somewhere.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Iirc their was a blue post about this somewhere.
    any form of link?

I'd like a link as well please. I'll happily delete all 3 if I get a fresh chance.

Increase the chances of getting the one you destroyed

I am tempted to destroy my Sephuz's Secret
    Demo is fine... play better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I am tempted to destroy my Sephuz's Secret
    Oh you know that if you destroy it, it's going to be your next legendary drop just to mock you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Oh you know that if you destroy it, it's going to be your next legendary drop just to mock you!
    Yes, I guess you don't get the same legendary stuff twice (as long as you have them). So the best way to get a better one next time is to NOT destroy the sucky ones.

Deleted
    Buffs inc for Seph

I heard if you sent 1million gold to my account it ups your chance to get one.

Deleted
    Just no. This is not how it works.

Deleted
    When I looted my first legendary and it was Sephuz I immediately logged out and was pissed for the rest of the day, not proud the game influences my mood that much but whoever designed that one really needs to visit another game design class..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattzo View Post
    When I looted my first legendary and it was Sephuz I immediately logged out and was pissed for the rest of the day, not proud the game influences my mood that much but whoever designed that one really needs to visit another game design class..
    See this is what Blizzard is talking about

Legendary items are special and when you receive one it gives you a story to tell.

Deleted
    Trough what kind of mind-game did you come up with that idea.
    I don't see how exactly that is supposed to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that is not how it works, just suck it up and keep playing, or leave if you don't like it.

It sounds to me that the legendary system is overall disliked, the randomness is not nice, especially if you are trying to compete in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    See this is what Blizzard is talking about
    They also know why they do their Q&As in private, because talking rubbish like that on a stage usually gets you ran through with a pitchfork, for good reason :P.

If you get a legendary (an incredibly rare drop) and your reaction is to rage cuz its not the one you want, you should quit the game. This game isnt for you. Nothing will ever make you happy in this game if a legendary drop doesnt excite you.

I think it wouldn't work. From a porgrammer's point of view it's easier to use some sort of flag "hasLootedLegendaryAlready", which would remain set even after you destroy the legendary, instead of constantly checking if you still have any legendary anywhere in your bags / bank.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    If you get a legendary (an incredibly rare drop) and your reaction is to rage cuz its not the one you want, you should quit the game. This game isnt for you. Nothing will ever make you happy in this game if a legendary drop doesnt excite you.
    Are you delusional? How does getting a tanking legendary excite a dps?