Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Warcraft setting, what after Argus?

Blizzard stated that they'll continue to make expansions as long as there's demand for them so how do you think they'll advance the setting? With every expansion we get new zones, quests, storylines, instances etc. As we know of Azeroth, Outland/Draenor, and Argus as the "visitable" sort of worlds, and we've already been all around them except Argus (even traveled back in time to go to the same world for the second time), what else do you think there's left uncovered?
    Do you think, after Argus, they'll continue to add new worlds, maybe Old God related lands, or maybe continue doing this time travel stuff? Do you think the setting ran out of "zones"?
    Last edited by mmocdc3c6d79b7; 2016-11-11 at 12:59 AM.

Chronicles vaguely hints at the possibility of an entire undiscovered continent on the other side of Azeroth - it's far from proof, but it's easily something Blizzard could do.

There's not a whole lot to say other than that Blizzard can invent whatever they need to keep the plot going. We're running out of places previously touched on in the Warcraft games, but there's still quite a lot left there, and they can endlessly invent new places to explore. Plus, there's the chance of another Cataclysm-style expansion, though I imagine it'd be fairly different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Ghostcrawler)

What's to stop us from joining this "Army of Light" and just crusading around planets filling the shoes of the Titans to a degree and saving other planets?

Sure, Void Lords and Sargeras are the big bads now, but that doesn't stop there from being villains like Lei Shen.

New bad guys, new plotlines not related to the Legion. There's still the Void Lords to be concerned about, and I'd love to see "new" enemies and factions based off of our currently existing lands. If Karazhan, Court of Starts, etc. have proven anything it's that Blizzards team is getting way more creative with dungeons, so maybe we can start seeing political intrigue storylines and stuff in quests.

Next expansion we'll come home to our Planet full from our conquest of Argus to find our world under attack by faceless and N'zoth's army. We weaken the prison in 7.2 with the Pillars, he takes time to regain his power. 8.0 is a revamped Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor with a lot of old god touches and lore. 8.1 something something finding out where void lords are, 8.2 going to the void lords, 8.3 beating the big bad void lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Next expansion we'll come home to our Planet full from our conquest of Argus to find our world under attack by faceless and N'zoth's army. We weaken the prison in 7.2 with the Pillars, he takes time to regain his power. 8.0 is a revamped Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor with a lot of old god touches and lore. 8.1 something something finding out where void lords are, 8.2 going to the void lords, 8.3 beating the big bad void lord.
    Do you think we actually will be able to muster the strength to defeat the Void Lords? Obv the end game in Legion is to stop the Legion which probably means messing up Sargeras. That alone kinda blows my mind lore-wise. Wondering how they're gonna pull it off that it's even possible since we're so.. miniscule and unimportant by comparison of power, heh.

Deleted
    "The Rulers of Old"

The Nerubians of Azjol-Nerub have gathered the remains of their dead gods to create a powerful being to conquer Azeroth for the arachnid and insectoid. The Klaxxi and Qiraji attempt to buy their arachnid siblings time to finish their dark rituals in the depths of Northrend, sending heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to do battle once more in Silithus and the Dread Wastes against horrors that have been prospering unchecked during the legion invasion.

The first raid will send us to Silithus to combat the remains of the Twilights Hammer and Qiraji hoping to corrupt an ancient artifact below Un'goro Crater to be used as a weapon in the war.

More enemies and horrors await before the heroes of Azeroth finally descend into the deepest places of the world to combat the Nerubians and threats more ancient than anything we have ever faced that are awakened by the servants of the old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion has already told us. Go into the Emerald Nightmare and defeat Il'gynoth. Once defeated, Malfurion says something along the lines of:

"If we manage to purge the corruption within the dream, it may just give us enough time to defeat the Legion before the black armies rise from the depths."

Quote Originally Posted by meleth View Post
    Do you think we actually will be able to muster the strength to defeat the Void Lords? Obv the end game in Legion is to stop the Legion which probably means messing up Sargeras. That alone kinda blows my mind lore-wise. Wondering how they're gonna pull it off that it's even possible since we're so.. miniscule and unimportant by comparison of power, heh.
    I mean everyone for the longest time thought Sargeras was going to be the big final boss of the game. And if we can defeat him we can defeat the old gods. I mean its just the story. We as players/heroes can't lose lore wise. Honestly I'm expecting some kind of turn of events like him joining the army of light with the demonic legion as a backup support. I know Illidan might not like it, or a lot of other people, but we might need to suck it up and accept his help to defeat the Void Lords.

Deleted
    To be honest the way the way they used Guldan as a plot device since WoD made me think the setting already ran out of new story content but now we have to deal with this recycled villain from the past. :P
    Like, try to remember how many times you read "...was approached by Guldan" in a sentence. Bosses from HFC, Skovald, Elisande, all were manipulated by Guldan and he also summoned back all the oldschool demons like Brutallus, Tichondrius etc. So yeah, i know this new Void Lords stuff imply new stuff to kill/new places to go, but right now the setting really shows it's limits

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What's to stop us from joining this "Army of Light" and just crusading around planets filling the shoes of the Titans to a degree and saving other planets?

Sure, Void Lords and Sargeras are the big bads now, but that doesn't stop there from being villains like Lei Shen.
    I think most people kind of see it in terms of the ever-escalating threat threshold: that if we're confined to taking out the universe's various disc one final bosses (your Lei Shens and Deathwings) as opposed to eventually taking the fight to the "big bads" it begins to feel as if there's no steak that will ever accompany the proverbial sizzle. Of course the issue with eternal escalation is the one we're facing now (which a lot of people have complained about) in that new greater scope villains have to be created whole-cloth to provide that next stepping stone in the story.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

my guess is that after we defeat the Legion, we have to deal with the last enemies of Azeroth. We still have the Zandalari crisis and for all we know, they've been overrun and converted to the Old Gods. If while we're gone, Jaina gets corrupted, im sure she'll take her hate and whatever to the last place she can call home, Kul'tiras.

I dont think we're gonna jump right into Army of Light vs Army of Darkness just yet. I think we're gonna have to rush back to Azeroth to find that N'zoth's prison has opened, risen from the depths and he's pumping out Faceless like crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean everyone for the longest time thought Sargeras was going to be the big final boss of the game.
    And because people believed that, Sargeras was brought back to life and now demons aren't killable and transcend all realities... thanks.

If the expansion after Legion leads into a cosmic setting (space/void/planets etc), that will rekindle my interest in the game. However, I am afraid we might do something Naga related which is a huge letdown. Personally, I find the down-to-earth side of WoW extremely uninteresting.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if we can defeat him we can defeat the old gods.
    We already can and have.

Maybe it is just my shaman roots showing buy Id like more done with yhe elemental planes. Deepholm is impressive but we've barely touched skywall and firelands.

Cant remember what the water plane is, but turning each one into a deepholm size questing region has possiblilities also, old god expac or otherwise.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Deleted
    While we on Argus, the Voidlers will infest Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Maybe it is just my shaman roots showing buy Id like more done with yhe elemental planes. Deepholm is impressive but we've barely touched skywall and firelands.

Cant remember what the water plane is, but turning each one into a deepholm size questing region has possiblilities also, old god expac or otherwise.
    we defeated/killed Al'akir the windlord in the skywall
    we defeated/killed Ragnaros the firelord in the firelands
    we befriended Therazane the earth mother from deepholm
    we were making friends with neptulon until he got kidnapped by Azshara's lieutenants in Vashj'ir

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Malfurion has already told us. Go into the Emerald Nightmare and defeat Il'gynoth. Once defeated, Malfurion says something along the lines of:

"If we manage to purge the corruption within the dream, it may just give us enough time to defeat the Legion before the black armies rise from the depths."
    if this is anything to go by, once we're done with Argus, we'll return to find a naga+faceless army waiting for us and may end up setting off into a "great seas" expansion. may even see the rest of the islands left in azeroth cannon, kul'tiras, tel'abim etc. as well as more to do with the water plane in general.

but as far as i'm concerned, the earth, wind and fire planes are done and dusted. only the water plane is in peril until we can rescue neptulon.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    we defeated/killed Al'akir the windlord in the skywall
    but as far as i'm concerned, the earth, wind and fire planes are done and dusted. only the water plane is in peril until we can rescue neptulon.
    Neptulon is alive and well in the shaman class order hall as far as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    Neptulon is alive and well in the shaman class order hall as far as I can remember.
    i was entirely unaware of this - yay for his escape i guess
    <insert witty signature here>