Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Stating that Argus is patch 7.3 doesn't inherently mean it's the climax of the game. We have zero idea of what is planned once we reach that point.
    It will probably be the climax of the expansion, but I don't see anything stating that we won't receive anymore content after it releases. I could definitely see some more dungeons or maybe even a smaller, off-flavor raid (like Zul'Aman, for instance).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Il'gynoth whispers. https://youtu.be/-yQ6VpQLpTE?t=2m20s

"Her heart is a crater. And we have filled it."

Theramore is obvious the crater referred, also doubles as the hole in her heart from its destruction.
    LOL really, he is so obiviously talking about azeroth, her heart, the crater, its the well, and the old gods filled it after they where imprisoned

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Argus will be the last patch of Legion and will wrap up the Legion story[WHICH MEANS THIS IS THE FINAL BURNING LEGION EXPANSION/MAIN-STORY]. Imo, this means that Sargeras is DEF the endboss.
    You just assume it. Maybe we don't even fight Sargeras but purge him.

yeah because once we defeat the legion forever, the main threat of an expansion called legion, 7.4 will make a lot of sense
    Just because the main threat is done doesn't mean they're totally done. When you get to the climax of a book or film, does it just stop?

Falling action, Theramore. Falling action follows climax.

7.4 could easily happen. Kinda like how we had Sunwell after we beat Illypants? To say nothing of setup for the next expansion. Void Lords? Azshara? One of a billion potential things we haven't thought of?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Ruby Sanctum was after ICC in Wotlk.
    Yeah but Ruby Sanctum was sh*t. We don't need something like that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Just because the main threat is done doesn't mean they're totally done. When you get to the climax of a book or film, does it just stop?

Falling action, Theramore. Falling action follows climax.

7.4 could easily happen. Kinda like how we had Sunwell after we beat Illypants? To say nothing of setup for the next expansion. Void Lords? Azshara? One of a billion potential things we haven't thought of?
    2.4 and the Sunwell Patch were the biggest content add in TBC. So I don't see how this could be anything but a climax.

Regardless of 7.3 being the last raid tier.. it sounds like they have a lot of content planned. Even if they do another small patch of 7.3.5 and a 7.4 with a "Kara" like 5 man that maybe sets up the next expansion a bit... I would say that is a ton of content making Legion a big success in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    2.4 and the Sunwell Patch were the biggest content add in TBC. So I don't see how this could be anything but a climax.
    TBC was focused on Illidan. Illidan's plans, Illidan's actions. Sunwell was a followup to the climax that was defeating Illidan. Kael'thas, one of Illidan's lieutenants, retreated to the Isle of Quel'danas and tried to do a ton of bad things, threw in his lot finally with the Legion, etc. The attempt to summon Kil'jaeden was foreshadowing for the future, and the last desperate gasp of one of Illidan's cronies.

It was a falling action.

Huh. I guess I was mistaken. Although... if this really implies we're finishing off Sargeras it honestly feels a little too soon. As long as they do it right I'm happy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Sargeras is not as OP as you think he is ppl.
    He's actually pretty OP. We just have plot armor.

At the end of the expansion, the player characters will be depowered and launched into sargares to destroy him. We will instead play as the artifacts and find now wielders who will have the brand new feature of having traits (lets call them talents) and you can level up these wielders (lets call them champions or adventurers) by doing content! They will be highly customizable in looks too with various attachments that not only boost their stats but look good too (and if you dont like the aesthetics of the attachments, you can adapt how they look, lets call it transmogrification).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    At the end of the expansion, the player characters will be depowered and launched into sargares to destroy him. We will instead play as the artifacts and find now wielders who will have the brand new feature of having traits (lets call them talents) and you can level up these wielders (lets call them champions or adventurers) by doing content! They will be highly customizable in looks too with various attachments that not only boost their stats but look good too (and if you dont like the aesthetics of the attachments, you can adapt how they look, lets call it transmogrification).
    I could see that happening, instead of new artifacts which won't make sense in the lore, instead we'll get the same customization in the form of new talents or a new progression system. They are bringing back more and more classic wow systems seeing as I doubt they're gonna add legacy realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Huh. I guess I was mistaken. Although... if this really implies we're finishing off Sargeras it honestly feels a little too soon. As long as they do it right I'm happy, though.

He's actually pretty OP. We just have plot armor.
    He is OP, just not as cray cray as ppl thought. I find it weird that we're finishing him before Azshara and N'zoth though.

I see TheramoreIsTheBomb is at it again. First of all, he did NOT confirm that, we do NOT know that we'll fight Sargeras, let alone defeat him. There are thousands of planets out there that we could go after.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope our artifacts will be drained of power after fighting Sargeras.
    Nice fact, oh wait....

What if something else happens?
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2016-11-11 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I assumed they meant another mini raid in 7.3 (With the final raid releasing in 7.4 along with a little more Argus) then I read that it's going to be the capstone of Legion.

Well fine by me. I just hope they keep their promise about no more content droughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean they also said that 7.3 would contain zoneS and raidS so nobody start dragging out comparisons to WoD.
    "Patch 7.3 will take us to Argus. Outdoor zone, quests, raid"

Where's the plural?

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    He is OP, just not as cray cray as ppl thought. I find it weird that we're finishing him before Azshara and N'zoth though.
    That is weird, yes. Although I suppose it makes sense considering he's the biggest threat out of the three. We won't have our artifacts to help us out with N'Zoth and Azshara, though.

OP never said climax to the game.

It clearly says climax to the Legion storyline... so... yeah. *mic drop*
    I love you people so much. I sure made a fool of myself by accidentally stating 'game' instead of 'expansion'....

Also, at the time I had wrote my initial comment, I hadn't seen a post stating the trip to Argus would be the conclusion of Legion's story. Just gotta put that in before I get hunted down by the lynch mob again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I assumed they meant another mini raid in 7.3 (With the final raid releasing in 7.4 along with a little more Argus) then I read that it's going to be the capstone of Legion.

Well fine by me. I just hope they keep their promise about no more content droughts.
    This makes the most sense to me. I don't think we're going to immediately get to Argus then jump into the final raid and end the expansion. I'd at the very least expect we're going to go there and have a big story to progress through before that happens. Mini raid in 7.3 and climax in 7.4 seems likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus is just one of the thousands of Legion worlds, did you see Kara or maybe beta tested Star Augur? You see there just how vast Legion hold in the universe is.

Argus fall will be a setback, but not really the end of the Burning Legion. Of course if we down Sargeras, then that's another thing, but I really don't think we will be doing that, let alone permanently.

I think the idea with Argus is to inflict enough damage to Burning Legion's top brass to disorganize them for a long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus will be the last patch of Legion and will wrap up the Legion story[WHICH MEANS THIS IS THE FINAL BURNING LEGION EXPANSION/MAIN-STORY]. Imo, this means that Sargeras is DEF the endboss.
    This is sort of disappointing to me. I was hoping the next expansion would take place on that other planet.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No no no... You got it all wrong.

We go to Argus, where we then give up our artifacts to empower Thrall so that he becomes Mecha Thrall, and then proceeds to oneshot Sargeras and save the multiverse. This will also be the time when Metzen comes back from retirement after having realized that it's boring as hell to spend all of your time with your family at home.
    You should of titled this SPOILER alert - now I'm going to throw a tantrum and be super pissed off that my #safeplace on MMO-C.com is now broken with spoilers.

#somad #ripinpeaceTHRALL

Still not convinced this is the end of the Legion. While I feel there will be done sort of resolution, the wording is incredibly vague