Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well my guild used to have at most 5 people online, now it's 20. So the population must be up 400%!!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It did kill my motivation to play wow honestly. It is incredibly demoralizing to never be able to compete with the other rogue in my guild, because i got Will of Valeera legendary, while he got bracers and boots. I'm a better player than him, but it hardly matters.
    I know its stupid to focus so much on dps meters and your performance from it, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I still keep looking at MMO-champ to see if there are any changes to legendaries that might make me want to come back.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Well, there's fuck all to do in the game. It has nothing to offer besides doing 4 WQ's per day for the emissary box that doesn't drop shit. What am I supposed to do? There's nothing of value to craft so there's no incentive to farm mats. Faction rewards are pointless and rep is gated so fuck that. Rares are pointless after the first time killing them. Leveling and gearing alts feels pointless as progressions is time and RNG gated and being forced to do the same tacky quest chains over and over again is nothing short of mental torture. Doing PVP is pointless as there is no gear progression and it's not even fun as you feel gimped as fuck until you prestige. Outdoor PVP is a joke. Old raids are pointless to farm as they don't yield gold anymore. Even gold is pointless as there is nothing to buy so why even bother farming that. Twinking has been non-existent for years. etc etc etc etc.

Pretty much all of the 'in between' content is gone. There are only instances and raids now and that model doesn't support more than a handful hours of content per week. So I suspect that most nolifers have quit because there's not enough to do for them. These are the people that used to flesh out the game during 9-5 while normal people were at work. That entire group of people are gone. I'm not saying these people are a majority, they aren't, but WoW was nolife heaven before and now it isn't. But I bet it's still a great game for those other people.

Deleted
    Wow is up to 13 million players, so i doubt Legion is ''Killing'' the game

From my experience more people are playing but majority are social. I myself have even turned to the social side pointless running Mythic raids on a schedul when you can just run Mythic+ whenever you want for the same or better gear. Seen allot of people doing the same as I have done. For the first time it feels like there is an alternative path for power one thats less taxing at least on the good old social life.

the world feels alive, whenever i run i see people in the world doing their thing too. OP sounds like he want the sky to fall.. but sky isnt falling, everything is fine.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Token pricing hitting wod numbers points to other things and on top of that legion is magically crz'd now (since 7.1) wonder why that happened...
    Token price is a result of supply and demand linked only to the relative numbers of people paying for the token compared to buying them off the AH with gold - nothing to do with absolute numbers.

The only estimation of numbers we have in Legion is the number of people logging their progress, and the numbers doing that have skyrocketed in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post
    Wow is up to 13 million players, so i doubt Legion is ''Killing'' the game
    Where did you find info about this? Last I can find is Q3 15, 5.5mill.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    I was the biggest critic of WoD and the direction i thought Blizzard was going, but seriously whats wrong with Legion? how is it a bad expansion? it has everything and more.

For me Legion is as good as Wrath.
    The RNG, legendaries, the extreme grind and time needed to do endgame content. The expantion has some really nice stuff going for it, for sure but it's all taken down by a few really horrible design decisions that easily makes it the worst expantion in WoWs history. It's really showing as well, my friends list and server has never been this empty.

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    are you sure you like WoW?
    Palyed and loved evey expantion so far... Besides Legion of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, Legion is not killing WoW player base.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Population has been on a huge downturn since Legion came out even worse than WOD. I think it's because Blizzard pretty much killed alts with the bad AP system.
    Imean, we can safely guess the population of WoW before the Legion Pre-patch to be around 3 million, and that's still an optimistic number. With Legion, you could predict about a 1 mil rise In players, so 4 mil give or take now.

And with the time since Launch being 2 and a half months, meaning that a large amount of players that just "Return, play the expansion for a month or two and leave" Is over. Lots of players like that just come and go at the start of expansions, expecting something grand and get disapointed. And considering how you could've done everything there Is to do on 1 char, within a month and a half If you tried, that's no surprise. So I'd guess the current population around 3.5 mil, there's no evidence here, cause Blizzard stopped showing subs since Q3 2015 halfway through WoD.

Call It an educated guess, of a vanilla player whose been around for 11 years, despite the fudge that Blizzard has done to him (Hint hint, signature).

But otherwise, Legion Is doing nothing to push community and group challange, other then a few people on a forum going "Hey we discovered a hidden thing, go get It.. k thx bai"

No group content, LFR Is useless now, you get gear left, right and center easily. Solo play Is encouraged and overtaken WoW now more then ever, and If you have no friends, guildies or others that you can do content with that's half the fun of WoW right out the door, you run World Quests with Is just another word for Dailies that appear at random all around the world, and at random and adding more RNG to the pattern of dailies. I still claim that Argent Tournament Dailies were the best, they were a few different ones you can get, sometimes. But most of them were specific, and only half of them was actually "Go kill 20 cultists in this area" or "Go kill big scary boss, and collect 5 bear asses" the other dailies were jousting, jousting Infront of the Icecrown, flying to hurl harpoons at a Kraken and so on. It's that balance of not having to just kill 10 things In each dailiy that made It good. And World Quests almost capture that feeling too, like the quest with the Wisps, or nut cracking, or flying to the Vrykul City and lightning It. Close but no really as It's random and you can't do It -daily-

Alts are dead too, unless you're excited to just do the Class Order Hall, you watch a video on youtube that explains each class' story In about half an hour... and It'll be mostly the same as you'd have played It. There's little story value In playing through an order hall story yourself, It's an MMO you have the smallest amount of choice In any other story-driven game. That's one reason SWTOR has failed In their story telling past their first expansion among other MMOs.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

The expansion is decent. Would be better if not for the RNG legendaries, and over prevalence of the additoion of extra RNG in general where none was needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Same place OP found his info, it's right there, easy to find

Deleted
    To me, Legion is by far the best expansion of WoW. It's simply amazing! I never thought I would love an MMO like I did WoW back in Classic, but damn, Legion did it for me! Amazing work, really! <3

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    proof of this? cause everything seems to point that the population is holding quite high actually
    Blizzards new system always fills zones with people from other realms and whatnot to make it seem more alive all the time. I'm not saying Legion is losing a lot of subs or anything, since I don't actually have a clue about that. What I'm getting at is that even if it was bleeding subs faster than WoD, people probably wouldn't notice it because of this system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Cool story bro, go do something else. I'll keep enjoying Legion.
    Already cancelled. Good luck with necrophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The RNG, legendaries, the extreme grind and time needed to do endgame content. The expantion has some really nice stuff going for it, for sure but it's all taken down by a few really horrible design decisions that easily makes it the worst expantion in WoWs history. It's really showing as well, my friends list and server has never been this empty.

Palyed and loved evey expantion so far... Besides Legion of course.
    Completely agree. Content is great, but there's such major grinds and RNG walls that you have to get through to even be decent for endgame content. That's what made me unsub.

i managed to feel burnt out close to the release of legion so i didn't really last long. but it seemed quite popular when i quit atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    It was a typo. It's 1.3 million

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised that few people died, because they took artifact grind too seriously and played too much. So yeah, Legion may be killing (part of) wow playerbase ;P.

Honestly, please, don't fall into this troll threads.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2016-11-12 at 11:39 AM.