Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dunno, nothing wrong with showing support. This isn't as silly as a safe space.

BUT, I think a lot of it is virtual signalling. A lot of the people upset are exaggerating way too much. I agree with OP that it is a little eye roll worthy.

The pin on the rebel logo upsets me. Please keep this nonsense out of my movies.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://people.com/style/americans-we...in-solidarity/

Your opinion? I am trying to be sympathetic but I literally could not roll my eyes any harder at this.
    Needed at this point. While there are a few riots that have developed, most of the protests have been non-violent and not particularly threatening.

On the other hand, pro-Trump supporters have been having a field day with threats, harassment, and violence.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/welc...st-is-growing/

137 events and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Must be heaven for people with a diaper fetish. I'm not judging you.

OnT: The only people who cares about this are the ones who are offended by "SJWs". It's like wearing a red bracelet to show you're pro-ana - No one will know or care about what it means except the ones who support you, and the ones who are offended by it.
    Yes, the only explanation as to why one might find this to be an useless item\concept is that it comes from people who are just offended by SJW, yes

Your opinion? I am trying to be sympathetic but I literally could not roll my eyes any harder at this.
    Are you white?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yes, the only explanation as to why one might find this to be an useless item\concept is that it comes from people who are just offended by SJW, yes

It's as useless as those yellow car magnets. As a soldier, not one of those people ever actually supported me. Not even the proceeds got donated to veteran programs.

This is the same. Just more virtue signaling. The pins only purpose is for people to feel good about themselves and get props for being so tolerant

Do they come with adult diapers?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel sorry for young ppl. Instead of being taught how to stand up, have a backbone and listen to others opinions they were taught to run off to their safe places and ignore anything the don't agree with. The art of discussion and compromise is lost. The triggered generation is a sad sad time for America.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want my meme sites back

They are all still political machines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, this is real? I thought it was an insult from people who voted for Trump. Like safety pins are for babies and such. /facepalm..........

I think George Carlin said it best, "I leave symbols to the symbol minded."

I think the idea of safe spaces is utterly ridiculous, but I have no problem with the safety pin thing. If someone wants to wear it, and show that they are a sensitive ear, then I'm all for it. To me, it's no different than those people who wear the breast cancer awareness pins. Sure, it may be corny, but it is nothing more than a person showing others what they believe in. At least they aren't trying to force it down people's throats.

Deleted
    Using a diaper pin isn't the best choice to an idea that is already related to "cry babies"...

my sister got safety pepperspray

This last year, with all the fearmongering and general insanity, I feel like I've been watching a parody of life.

Elon Musk is right; we're living in a simulation.

I wish everyone would just play some video games and chill the fuck out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Are you white?
    It's this kind of arguing that got Trump president.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://people.com/style/americans-we...in-solidarity/

I find myself thinking "we need a new thing to make fun of"

But they keep making it hard to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's this kind of arguing that got Trump president.
    Yep. Haha, they'll understand one day... maybe

I don't see the problem with this whatever people need to do to feel better since they are pretty raw right now. It's better than buying tons of guns and hiding in a bunker every time a democrat gets elected.

I'm all for labeling safe space people for easy avoidance. Can we get this put into law? Would also make the hiring process much, much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    So people have found a symbol that they oppose the surge of hatred since the US election result came through and that they'll treat everyone the same, and you think that's something you should roll your eyes at?

Well, you're welcome to your opinion. Mine is that this seems a nice gesture at a time when a lot of people are afraid.
    There is a surge of hatred but it is hardly unidirectional. There exists ample examples of harassment, physical violence and bullying by lefties against those who voted for Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

It's funny just how upset people are over this... Seriously, let someone have their "safe space" if they need one and stfu.

Considering the man you people just elected to lead your country, I'm sure as hell not surprised that people are scared and worried. Empathy is a valuable thing which many MMO-C dwellers seem to lack.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-13 at 02:47 PM.