Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Sorry, but $3 for a 3 month old game is not normal, we can keep using older shit games but it doesn't help the argument.
    Its been in all my local game stores as the 'deal of the month!' every month from release and the prices keep dropping. Anecdotal but i have three friends that work at separate games stores and all of them had huge stocks of the game in and had something like a 89% refund rate in the first week. One simply said "mate we can't even give the bastards away, battleborns shifting more units, i sold one of those last week".

Hello Games made their money but games stores aint going to be buying their next release in big numbers thats for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I play alot of obscure Japanese games or ones thay are not as heavily published like tales of games. Pre ordering does serve a purpose for guys like me buuut for games like Cod and elder scrolls I agree
    True i've had to pre order Monster hunter games simply because, shock of shocks, they get limited numbers in and it always sells out. So i pre order to ensure a copy is kept at the store for me. No pre purchase, no money down. I write my name on a list because stocks never last.

Sadly folks forget thats actually what pre ordering existed for before the 2008 'year of darkness' when games became truly mainstream and everyone and their dad bought the latest "AAA" release a screamer streamer was paid to tell them to 'get hype' about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's normal for games
    It might be where you are from but for me thats xbox 360 early years release trade in prices. No Mans Sky is just worthless units that arent selling so they dont want to take anymore useless stock on. Its not the quality, its simply not selling and games like mass effect 3 show quality sadly has bugger all to do with if people buy it or not let alone trade in value.

Unless its a Nintendo game and 'nintendo tax' comes into the picture that is.

I feel bad for all who Pre-purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conqu3rer View Post
    I feel bad for all who Pre-purchased it.
    I did, and I got it refunded through Steam after discovering it ran like shit on my otherwise decent machine. I'd buy it again on a super sale if the devs were actually still supporting it. Doesn't seem like they are though.

Deleted
    Just had a thought.
    Perhaps the months of silence, is due to Murray now no longer working there & is part time at McDonalds

Be fun to go up to him with a copy of the game & say "Can I have a big mac please, keep the change from this" ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Just had a thought. Perhaps the months of silence, is due to Murray now no longer working there & is part time at McDonalds Be fun to go up to him with a copy of the game & say "Can I have a big mac please, keep the change from this" ;p
    The months of silence is probably because Sony has given then a deadline for some "re-release". Its why Sony is slowly talking about them and "what they can do". And there is really nothing to say. They would be stupid to mention what they have in development because if they are even one pixel off the internet will form another mob. Your comment alone shows how stupid the hate is for the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    the last patch looks ok.
    if more will come, it may make it a decent game after all.

Just had a thought.
    Perhaps the months of silence, is due to Murray now no longer working there & is part time at McDonalds

Be fun to go up to him with a copy of the game & say "Can I have a big mac please, keep the change from this" ;p
    Mite be a bit of truth to this but it isn't Mc Donalds they are working at or Murray that left.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/no-mans...citizen-568549
    No Man’s Sky has faced a tortured development cycle often compared to Star Citizen, and now the two controversial space projects are sharing employees. Longtime Hello Games designer Gareth Bourn signed on to Squadron 42 campaign developer Foundry42 last month according to his LinkedIn page.

For No Man’s Sky followers, this news might come off as yet another sign of Hello Games’ inner turmoil. There had been rumors that the studio had been abandoned and talented coders were leaving, but now we know only half of those claims are true. While it’s not uncommon for developers to switch jobs after a project is complete, Bourn had been linked to Hello for nearly six years between Joe Danger and No Man’s Sky. A rocky procedurally generated universe seems like it wasn’t enough to keep that loyalty going.

Beyond No Man’s Sky’s lack of promised features, lawsuits and refund demands, the ironic truth is that the ongoing story of Star Citizen isn’t all that different. What began as a Kickstarter in 2012 has since raised over $100 million dollars spread over four studios with no release date in sight. The project has undergone a few closed alphas for backers, but some donors still aren’t impressed. Questions remain over how the funds are being managed, refunds have been demanded and full game modes have yet to enter testing phases. In fact, Kotaku published a mega-feature earlier this year cataloging its turmoils.

As if those parallels weren’t enough, Star Citizen also promises many of the hallmark features that No Man’s Sky failed to deliver. There’s evidence of full-scale intergalactic trade, multiplayer and a truly robust single-player campaign with Hollywood talent. All of that stuff sounds great, but studio turmoils, engine difficulties and unwavering ambition have bogged down the title’s schedule. Throughout most of last year, some wondered if No Man’s Sky would ever see the light of day. Those same thoughts have surrounded Star Citizen for even longer.

Fellow indie developers have even commented on the new hire. Outspoken Line Of Defense designer Derek Smart joked that Bourn had “quit quietly from one sinking canoe to a sinking luxury cruise liner.” Bourn replied by saying “gee thanks man. Real nice of you.”

In other news @GjBourn of Hello Games (No Mans Sky) quit quietly from one sinking canoe to a sinking luxury cruise liner. Because reasons.

— Derek Smart (@dsmart) November 10, 2016

With these staff changes in mind, the curious nature of the No Man’s Sky predicament continues. It’s been nearly three months since the last substantial update on the title’s progress. Outside of a strange hacking dilemma a few weeks ago, we haven’t seen anything besides a few internal updates on Steam.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Poor NMS just can't get any slack haha

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...han_a_big_mac/
    I guess it's worth $3. Kinda.

PS At least those Big Mac jokes are worth it xD
    CU... ...or CF ?

I honestly don't think they can salvage this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ditto.
    It'd take something stupendously epic to make up for everything that has gone on before hand, but time'll tell.

If it comes out next week then they can release the patch notes now and show everyone that this update probably gives jack shit.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, since I've paid for it, I welcome this addition. Perhaps the game will turn out good in the end.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

What they need right now is honestly another game/designer/controversy for the internet to hate on. If that happened than all the focus would gotowardsthst controversy, and us 12 fansof the game would harmlessly get our free patches withoutso much as a peep. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Hey! We're much more than that.

At least 2 or 3 times more.
    I standcorrected, thx! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They lost a huge chance with black friday, i about fell on the floor laughing when i saw how much they were trying to charge on black friday for it.

Yeah that was a pretty crap "sale" Over £30 and right next to it MGSV for £10. Hideo Kojima or Shaun Murray for 3 times the price, thats going to shift units

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah that was a pretty crap "sale" Over £30 and right next to it MGSV for £10. Hideo Kojima or Shaun Murray for 3 times the price, thats going to shift units
    Yeah, I picked up a ps4 and whilst no man sky was not top of my list, that's a no brainer.

I'd rather get herpes than No Man's Sky. If someone gave it to me as a Christmas gift, I'd take it as a personal insult and spend the next year trying to run over their pets.

No Mans Sky - The ultimate refund simulator.