Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Templar's Verdict

I need to get this off my chest because it's really bothering me.

I hate the sound of this ability. I hate it so much. It sounds like a door is being shut or something. I'm wielding the Ashbringer, a sharp weapon that's mostly hitting flesh or armor. Why would it EVER sound like that?

Just takes away some of the fun for me in playing a Ret. So many of the other new ability sounds are great.

Deleted
    lol... i actually liked it. It very distinct. xD Not just the average slash sound.

You don't like playing the bongos during Crusade?

Can we have atleast 1 cool attack animation? I mean, what's the difference between autoattack animation, CS and TV animation?

While on the topic of sounds, what's with the sound on Infusion of Light too?

It sounds like an engine breaking down or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Can we have atleast 1 cool attack animation? I mean, what's the difference between autoattack animation, CS and TV animation?
    I agree, tons of lightplosion, paladin has one of the most beautiful animations in the game, needs more.

dwarves ar true hipsters, spinning while crusading!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I agree, tons of lightplosion, paladin has one of the most beautiful animations in the game, needs more.
    Name it would you please kindly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The auto attack and CS/TV animations are all different, (esp the auto attack animation, it looks nothing like the CS/TV ones, which are admittedly similar to each other)... However I can agree with need something more.. The other 2h melee classes have 2 animations for abilities that we don't, those being the animation shared for Obliterate/Execute and the animation for Colossus Smash/Death Strike...

While I don't think we should replace CS or TV with either of these, they can still be used... Justicar's Vengeance, being a unique, seperate ability from TV should have it's own animation... I personally like the Death Strike/Colossus Smash one for this, it's a very dramatic leap and downward slash animation that seems fitting for JV just based on it's name.

What I would like, personally, for the Execute/Obliterate animation is a Glyph for Blade of Justice to get rid of the silly "sword out of the ground" animation and replace it with an actual weapon strike... I'm wielding the Ashbringer, I shouldn't be summoning a corny sword thing out of the ground to hit people, I should be using my weapon.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-11-13 at 09:58 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Name it would you please kindly.
    sorry, meant to be plural; animations! a lot of gold energy swirling around, supercool looking shields, just epic overall!

sorry, meant to be plural; animations! a lot of gold energy swirling around, supercool looking shields, just epic overall!
    I don't do meth, sorry.
    Nor am I addicted to arcane energies of any sort.
    Our perceptions...differ.

Deleted
    I don't do meth, sorry.
    Nor am I addicted to arcane energies of any sort.
    Our perceptions...differ.
    but you see tons of holy energies, ligh is bursting out of you, divine storm is lovely, not as lovely as in wotlk but cool, and new consecration is soo goldish and then you have what was it that gold explosion burts, pure love. just admit it, find a paladin in yourself or re discover its roots. BE A CRUSADER!

but you see tons of holy energies, ligh is bursting out of you, divine storm is lovely, not as lovely as in wotlk but cool, and new consecration is soo goldish and then you have what was it that gold explosion burts, pure love. just admit it, find a paladin in yourself or re discover its roots. BE A CRUSADER!
    And what if I actually care about my performance and don't take that shitstain of a talent called Consecration?
    Try Again Bragg.

Deleted
    And what if I actually care about my performance and don't take that shitstain of a talent called Consecration?
    Try Again Bragg.
    then you have other shiny abilities! there is light in you!

TV and CS animations look nothing like autoattack, the biggest difference being that autoattack does not have the yellow trail.

I only partially agree. Justicar's Vengeance needs to have its own unique animation instead of just looking exactly like Templar's Verdict. The same animation used by Death Strike would be ideal, highlighting that this is a more powerful, different attack than what we usually use. The sound effect is fine, as far as I'm concerned.

part of this is that Echo of the Highlord is just awful. The copy of our weapon is just an invisible person doing the same animation a second after we do. If it's echo of the Highlord, can we get that invisible person to instead just be a golden ghost of Tirion holding the golden ghost of Ashbringer, so that at least there's some sense behind what's actually happening?

And while we're at it, let's make it more than just a 10% damage multistrike on 100% of TVs and DSs. I'd rather see a 30% chance on those attacks to deal 30% additional damage, which should average to a little less actual output. This makes it more bursty, which we're trying to move away from, I understand that, but at least it would feel like something is happening that is special or useful, and not just a dull 10% increase in damage from a given pair of abilities. This also opens up the opportunity for that god awful animation to mean something if we spruce it up.

Thanks for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    then you have other shiny abilities! there is light in you!
    No, we don't, the only one we have/ever really use is Divine Storm, all the other ones are only useful to Prot (or even available at all, in the case of Eye of Tyr)... Ret Paladins hardly ever take Blinding Light because it's far worse than Fist of Justice 90% of the time, we never take Consecrate because it's shit, and we never take Holy Wrath because it is also shit. You must be watching prot Paladins when you notice all these shiny cool animations, because Ret doesn't use any of them.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-11-13 at 10:56 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No, we don't, the only one we have/ever really use is Divine Storm, all the other ones are only useful to Prot (or even available at all, in the case of Eye of Tyr)... Ret Paladins hardly ever take Blinding Light because it's far worse than Fist of Justice 90% of the time, we never take Consecrate because it's shit, and we never take Holy Wrath because it is also shit. You must be watching prot Paladins when you notice all these shiny cool animations, because Ret doesn't use any of them.
    then they need to fix it! twitter them or something! because I want to reroll paladin and I want to be ret and shoot light out of my fingernails. I mean, light explosions are beautiful, like really gorgeous. they should add more light to the current light and turn strikes into supernova! yes, I really like golden theme of abilities, and these nice post wod particles are sweet, they need to fully focus on them, I'm with you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never took notice to it. Not sure if such a little thing as an audio que for an ability warranted the need for a thread.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    I honestly never took notice to it. Not sure if such a little thing as an audio que for an ability warranted the need for a thread.
    maybe not, but overall flashiness deserved it. Paladin should be the flashiest of them all. GOOOOLD

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe not, but overall flashiness deserved it. Paladin should be the flashiest of them all. GOOOOLD
    I'll drink to that, m8.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”