Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The point of which AMR was at it's best was when it was for calculating reforges after getting hold of your stat weights after getting them from Simcraft simulations.

AMR is a great tool that also has its own simulator.

Lumping it and Noxxic together is rather foolish.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

All the people telling you to "uh just SIM yourself", as if every Sim profile is perfect.

Yea I'm going to join a discord to beg people to tell me the most current 1337 usage of my class.

You people are killing this game inch by inch
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

AMR is fine. It's updated frequently. And if the stats are wrong in your opinion you can edit them easily. The problem is the user who makes such ridiculous and false claims based on no usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There is the problem. Many go in blind and just take whatever info they first see at a glance. These are the same people that do not understand that what is good or best for you changes fight to fight, with the talents you select and never stop changing as you continue to gear up.
    I'm wondering how is this a problem?

People who don't care enough to find out correct stat weights for AMR or don't know how to correctly sim their chars are obviously not going to last very long in top mythic guilds (if they somehow get a spot, which I very much doubt). This is not a problem I've ever seen during my time as a mythic progression raider, people like these get sorted out during trials and during log reviews - before - they are accepted to the roster.

So I'm guessing this is a problem purely for puggers who have to rely on random peoples. But if you're a pugger, you have to deal with so many unknowns already, so who cares if xxDeathMagêxx who dies in the first pool of fire doesn't have correct stat weights on AMR? Why should that be a problem that we have to solve. They most likely don't care very much.

Trying to educate people who are not even listening is a fools errand.

However, I'm going to try to educate the OP: AMR is very competent tool. Learn to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea I'm going to join a discord to beg people to tell me the most current 1337 usage of my class.
    I've largely given up on class discords, those places are hell. People drop in and spam silly shit like that all the time (or they have burning questions about which fucking trinket they should have for their pug HC raid night). They never check any of the pinned resources and they hardly ever check that they're on right channels. ...and then we have the Hunter discord.. *shiver*

Class discords are hell.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-11-14 at 05:56 AM.

Deleted
    for my class amr was for multiple weeks much more accurate than simc (in legio). simc just changed something recently and is currently on par with amr.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So many times i have seen people talking about how their stats suck because they once again followed the completely retarded and wrong Statweights on askmrrobot and how many fucking times more do i have to see someone mention Noxxic.

Icy Veins is just as bad btw, so many "class guides" written by the same guy who doesnt even play them(obv doesnt apply to all of them). And the quality of those "guides" is also VERY questionable.

If you want information about your class, Try the class discords. LITERALLY the best place to get your information. Second best place are the mmochampion class forums for sure.

And if you really wanna inform yourself, open fucking warcraftlogs and check what talents people are using where

You can find the class discords on the sidebar here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/
    i'm sorry mate, but can you just not? why post that shit without anything to back it up (screenshots, proof, etc). you even say discord is best place to find out info... why not mention SimC considering IT IS the best tool to get your optimum stats/etc.

Also, i can post up a SS of AMR change my preferred state weights to almost match my SimC results. Noxxic and Icy are static pages, they don't change when you hit soft caps or when the dps per point shifts due to x/y/z, AMR does do that.

You really need to reword your rage post about other people doing something that doesn't affect you... and if it does, you're obviously in the player demographic which doesn't use SimC and thinks their better than they are and come to mmo-champ to whinge.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

You people are killing this game inch by inch
    Discord has written class forums and class guides. The hunter one is written by Azerothian, who also has a hunter guide on MMO champ and also wrote the Icy Veins hunter guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never use Noxxic. Took one look at it back in the day and said, "lolnope."
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I'm wondering how is this a problem?

People who don't care enough to find out correct stat weights for AMR or don't know how to correctly sim their chars are obviously not going to last very long in top mythic guilds (if they somehow get a spot, which I very much doubt). This is not a problem I've ever seen during my time as a mythic progression raider, people like these get sorted out during trials and during log reviews - before - they are accepted to the roster.

So I'm guessing this is a problem purely for puggers who have to rely on random peoples. But if you're a pugger, you have to deal with so many unknowns already, so who cares if xxDeathMagêxx who dies in the first pool of fire doesn't have correct stat weights on AMR? Why should that be a problem that we have to solve. They most likely don't care very much.

Trying to educate people who are not even listening is a fools errand.

However, I'm going to try to educate the OP: AMR is very competent tool. Learn to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've largely given up on class discords, those places are hell. People drop in and spam silly shit like that all the time (or they have burning questions about which fucking trinket they should have for their pug HC raid night). They never check any of the pinned resources and they hardly ever check that they're on right channels. ...and then we have the Hunter discord.. *shiver*

Class discords are hell.
    So guides and information should only be for mythic guilds and nobody else?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    So guides and information should only be for mythic guilds and nobody else?
    No, the opposite. If you're a mythic player you don't need guides. You know better.
    Guides are fine for average player (yes even Noxxic) - we don't need to educate them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belaide View Post
    Discord has written class forums and class guides.
    Discord is just a chat room.
    Those guides are in other places and people on discord have just linked to them.

Why would you care about improving yourself effortlessly and knowing your spec. If you play with such a blind play style it is highly unlikely you beat anybody.
    You made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I used all 3 of those websites you mentioned when I was honing my skills in MOP and although now I don't really need them anymore, they were certainly essential in my learning of stats and rotations, etc. I don't see why you wouldn't use them, all they can do is help.
    That's not entirely true. When I came back to the game in MoP after not playing Cata, I Google'd for rogue information and the first site it took me to was Noxxic. I had no experience with it at the time (did it exist pre-MoP? *shrugs*) so I didn't know to avoid it.

Even as somebody who hadn't played WoW in about a year, and somebody who had literally never mained a rogue before, the information and stat priorities they were giving me seemed so incredibly wrong that I was overpowered with the smell of bullshit and left. I ended up on Icy Veins next, which gave information that seemed much more correct, and then of course eventually moved on to sites like Shadowcraft.

Even just using Noxxic to start would have been a net negative for my ability to successfully play my rogue.

That said, I don't think AMR is horrible at all. I think it's right more than it's wrong. The issue there tends to be that when they're wrong, they're really, really wrong, like how they had the Holy Priest class trinket rated highly at the end of WoD until they were literally pulled aside at Blizzcon and told it was trash, after which it dropped like 60 ranks on their list.

More to the point, while we can quibble with some of the specific contentions the OP made I think this much is pretty unequivocally true: You're going to get better information from top players immersed in the class. The class Discords and the resources they provide are an excellent place for that, and regardless of whether sites like AMR or Noxxic are close to the truth or miles away, if one has a better resource I don't know why one wouldn't take advantage of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    How on earth can a voice chat channel be LITERALLY the best place to get information?
    That is not all that Discord is. Most (all?) of these class discords--certainly every one I have visited--has a resources chat channel, which contains information on rotations, stat weights, talent choices, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Those guides are in other places and people on discord have just linked to them.
    Partially true. However in most cases they have not "just linked them" -- they wrote them in the first place, and rather than dick around with looking for websites to host it they just tossed it up on Google Docs and linked to it via the class Discord. Regardless, it still curates the information for you from people who care about what they're doing and that's going to be a plus.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Icy veins is only good for just starting.. after that it's not very good.
    which means it good for 95 % of players who dont raid mythic

pls stp making wow into rocket science - its not - to parse around 50 pecrcentile you dont need anything more then icy veins guides and using your brain and its mor then enough to clear hc .

anything more require a lot of effort using extrenal addons and max mizing that is killing fun in game for most of players.

i understand the desire to push class to aximum but at certain level you are no longer playing game only you start to play excel where only thing that matters are timers - it doesnt matter how boss or area look like because you dont pay atention you just look at timers to maximeze stuff.

i agree with you on noxxic being useless.

AMR can have its use, but you need to be somewhat aware of what you are doing.

as for class-discords, i dont know all of them, but the ones i know of are mostly shit-talking 24/7 and people with no clue arguing about which shit talent is better while ignoring the recommended best one etc.

the class-discords might have some guidelines to them, but a lot of them arent updated well, so guides like icy-veins are a better place to get started imo.

i mean i have seen discussions in class-discords you wouldnt believe and i've been insulted for telling people haste-breakpoints etc for no other real reason, so yeah, class discords are as toxxic as they can get MOST OF THE TIME ... sometimes you have actually good discussions with people who do know their stuff, but its pretty rare to find those people online at the same time.
    Last edited by Sethanor; 2016-11-14 at 07:18 AM.

Don't know why you'd use amr when simcraft exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Don't know why you'd use amr when simcraft exists.
    There are some problems with simcraft.
    Sometimes, character import dont work - gives error.
    Many times cant paste code from simcraft addon to application. It just wont paste to start sim.

Also, only few days between versions, and I get vastly different results. One version gives 1.01 mastery statweight, next day new version gives .84 on exactly same gear and talents.
    So, version we used for a month was totally wrong??

Deleted
    It is filled with garbage. You don't have to have accurate information to get traffic on your site. Having traffic is what makes the money, not the dog shit information they have. Noxxic is the Mad Money of the video game world. Wrong far more often then they are correct and in some casses out dated for multiple patches.
    There is no way Noxxic can have wrong content on their site and still make money! Just be real!!

There is nothing wrong with AMR, it's the person using it. You simply use SimC to find your statweights, put them into AMR, and it will calculate what items are best for you. Saving you a lot of time and trouble, if you wanted to do the same thing in SimC.

Noxxic and Icy Veins though.. Had a DK in my guild saying "BiS" on all kind of shitty stats in HC EN the first weeks, I didn't really care as I got the actuall BiS stat items for my self, had to explain to him why he was miles behind me in dmg though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore