Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Respect them? Its a video game lol

People simply shouldnt "give a shit" about a gay character. It shouldn't be a huge stink, and it shouldnt be a huge hooray. It should exist, and thats all there is too it.
    Kinda glad its not really a hooray then. Blizz said it very low key when asked a question by someone who is clearly into mercy/pharrah.

- - - Updated - - -

if its a dude

Lucio

If its a girl

Mei

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    is it not predictable and stereotypical? shouldn't people be against reinforcing stereotypes?
    Overwatch is the definition of reinforcing stereotypes.

It's definitely Zarya and somebody.

Zarya makes the most sense, and would be the best choice for good storytelling. At least if we talk appearance and behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Kinda glad its not really a hooray then. Blizz said it very low key when asked a question by someone who is clearly into mercy/pharrah.

- - - Updated - - -

if its a dude

Lucio

If its a girl

Mei
    It will be mei probably, she looks like Thelma from Scooby Doo, and its bland as hell and easy enough to make her a gay character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Zarya makes the most sense, and would be the best choice for good storytelling. At least if we talk appearance and behaviour.
    I dunno, the Russians dont take kindly to "gays", but at the same time, it would be a big "FU" to them as well. I kind of like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    I dunno, the Russians dont take kindly to "gays", but at the same time, it would be a big "FU" to them as well. I kind of like it.
    I didn't know the Overwatch characters represented entire countries? I must inform my fellow Swedes that we are hereby Dwarves with large beards.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    I didn't know the Overwatch characters represented entire countries? I must inform my fellow Swedes that we are hereby Dwarves with large beards.
    Wait are you implying that you're not?

10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt know this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not speak anything like Tracer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    alright love? Chim chim-er-ry, chim chim-er-roo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As for Widowmaker, she represents France quite well

My fellow french comrades (and me when I'm not focused) speak english with the exact very same accent she has. It's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    SJW =/= LGBT
    LGBT = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender

being gay doesnt make you an insane feminazi SJW.
    I wish more people would get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    I wish more people would get this.
    It's a prerequisite to being a SJW that you have to belong to a persecuted class. That's where they get their drive to make the world a "better" place. It's like the square/rectangle thing. All LGBT people aren't SJW, but all SJW's are some form of persecuted class, which is covered by being apart of LGBT.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    It's a prerequisite to being a SJW that you have to belong to a persecuted class. That's where they get their drive to make the world a "better" place. It's like the square/rectangle thing. All LGBT people aren't SJW, but all SJW's are some form of persecuted class, which is covered by being apart of LGBT.
    no no no. You merely have to believe that you advocate for a presumed persecuted class. Many SJW's appear to be cis white hetero males, which in SJW lingo is the highest most gifted class of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Yeah, but it so obvious and stereotypical. I really hope its Pharah, Tracer, McHanzo, or Lucio.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'd be a paring that actually made sense in the world. Tracer x Widow doesn't make any sense. Widow is a heartless assasssin and Tracer is, well.. Not.
    Most people think its going to at least involve Mercy. MercyxPharah or MercyxAna would be good. In before its something more obvious like JunkratxRoadhog

7+ Year Old Account
    I too enjoy inane identity politics infiltrating games that I enjoy, just to placate an irrelevant group that care's more about representation than gameplay. Romance is #NotMyOverwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    no no no. You merely have to believe that you advocate for a presumed persecuted class. Many SJW's appear to be cis white hetero males, which in SJW lingo is the highest most gifted class of all.
    Yes (video is relevant).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I just think its stupid like instead of just letting it happen in the story and be no big deal its like "hey guys make sure to look our for our LGBT character story coming out later this year!" feels like pandering to me, they just want a lgbt character to show how forward they are.
    Because that is what it is...they're making a big fuss about someone being gay just for attention. I play another shooter and in a character bio it mentions that this character she is married to another woman...does it advertise it? No...does it make a big fuss over it? No...she is what she is...

But here they're advertising...they want everyone to know..."We have a LGBT character" so they can garner themselves attention from the LGBT community...which will inevitably rain praise down on Blizzard for doing something like of TV shows, movies, and even other video games have done before.

They're not inventing the wheel but the way people make it sound that is exactly what they're doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because that is what it is...they're making a big fuss about someone being gay just for attention. I play another shooter and in a character bio it mentions that this character she is married to another woman...does it advertise it? No...does it make a big fuss over it? No...she is what she is...

But here they're advertising...they want everyone to know..."We have a LGBT character" so they can garner themselves attention from the LGBT community...which will inevitably rain praise down on Blizzard for doing something like of TV shows, movies, and even other video games have done before.

They're not inventing the wheel but the way people make it sound that is exactly what they're doing...
    dude play watch dogs 2, this is the bs that's the next generation. I'm really starting to think that the west coast is out of touch with reality. Or specifically they are making their own. I don't know why someone's sexual preference/identity has anything to do with why I am hurting/helping them. If they are in a game/movie than just do your job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    dude play watch dogs 2, this is the bs that's the next generation. I'm really starting to think that the west coast is out of touch with reality. Or specifically they are making their own. I don't know why someone's sexual preference/identity has anything to do with why I am hurting/helping them. If they are in a game/movie than just do your job.
    Yeah...I know how things go...and I know this is pretty much just a publicity stunt...they're launching a league for OW and they want attention...they're starting to televise things like CS:GO tournaments...Blizzard probably wants as much attention as possible so they can get something like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post

They didn't advertise it.

They were asked a question on the panel and answered it.