Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Odyn Heroic: Stormforged Spear

Hi guys,

So as a warrior I was tanking Odyn and even with max distance this spear still hit like a freakin truck. At max distance with shield wall up it still did 2 million damage according to the recap. So I don't know if this ability is bugged, overtuned, or I am doing something terribly wrong. Does anybody has any advice?

Thanks

3 tank it, use bops / externals/ whatever for ones yo ucan't max range
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

2 million damage is only 50-65% of a well geared tank's hp. Make sure they are topped off, and if not, use an external CD.

You can use BoP on tanks to cheese the spear. Depending on the number of paladins you have, you can completely negate 2-3 spears in this way, which significantly alleviates tank pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring a brewmaster.

Bear is supereasy too, as our AM gives armor... on max range I don't even need a cd with 1-2 ironfur

Pala and Warri seem pretty bad at it, DK no idea, Brew and Bear are super good, DH should be ok (not much experience). But you can use bop as said before

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Bear is supereasy too, as our AM gives armor... on max range I don't even need a cd with 1-2 ironfur

Pala and Warri seem pretty bad at it, DK no idea, Brew and Bear are super good, DH should be ok (not much experience). But you can use bop as said before
    Must Guardian Druids be best at everything? You already have a spec for every occasion, I'm getting rather tired of you being so ridiculously powerful against any and all mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Must Guardian Druids be best at everything? You already have a spec for every occasion, I'm getting rather tired of you being so ridiculously powerful against any and all mechanics.
    What do you expect when their 'passive' AM is literally more health & armor. This is exactly why they tried to give druids a dodge niche previously - hp/armor is OP as long as healers are able to last a fight.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Must Guardian Druids be best at everything?
    Yes, we must. Since balance/feral are not really wanted for mythic+. We have resto and guardian as our top specs this tier.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yes, we must. Since balance/feral are not really wanted for mythic+. We have resto and guardian as our top specs this tier.
    Nice logic. Cant decide which DK spec is top Tier atm, oh i remember, none.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Nice logic. Cant decide which DK spec is top Tier atm, oh i remember, none.
    It is actually. Each class needs a spec that works well. I think as DK you have a pretty top notch tank.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Arent dks tanks the best tanks right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    They are generally good. But very weak with mechanics like odyn's spear in phase 3. Vampiric blood and icebound fortitude can help with 2 spears but they will be one shot by others without externals which blizzard went out of their way to prune for legion. Luckily we use a holy pally.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It is actually. Each class needs a spec that works well. I think as DK you have a pretty top notch tank.
    In M+?

Guardian >>>>>> Vengeance >>>>> the others

With Demon Spikes up at max range I'm getting hit for 4.5 million (10 man group). Not sure what to do about this as we don't have enough externals to manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    With Demon Spikes up at max range I'm getting hit for 4.5 million (10 man group). Not sure what to do about this as we don't have enough externals to manage that.
    Where possible get the other tank to move Odyn in the opposite direction to you, not always possible but it will increase the distance

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Where possible get the other tank to move Odyn in the opposite direction to you, not always possible but it will increase the distance
    I was able to make it to one corner in the outer ring section with the other tank moving him to the opposite corner. Still got hit for that much with Demon Spikes up. I've seen videos of people with less gear in bigger groups getting hit for less (and checking buffs they only have Demon Spikes up, no externals), so I'm wondering if it's not scaling correctly for smaller groups or something. Hoping someone else who has done it/tried it in a small group might report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    In M+?

Guardian >>>>>> Prot Warr >>>>> the others
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

On a DK, I can knock it down to about 3 million just using Rune Tap, which is fine considering I have 3.86m health and rune tap has two charges on a 25 second cooldown. Still get my face kicked in by an enraged Ursoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    DKs are the worst tanks by miles.