Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    The world has HAD IT with the liberal/progressive agenda. Germany is gonna put her out on her ass where she belongs - she is personally responsible for destroying Germany (and Europe in general.)
    Destroyed? I don't know where you live but where i live i don't see anything destroyed.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Merkel is now the leader of the free world. Not our president.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

In the pic tenn posted Obama is looking at her like "this dumb bitch right here"
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Deleted
    Angela Merkel is basically a clone of Hillary Clinton (when it comes to policies).
    The only difference is that Merkel knows how to handle confidential information.
    I highly doubt that she would be able to win another election. People are fed up with her policies.

She recently backflipped and turned conservative, because her approval ratings where abysmal (~30%).
    Merkel will most likely return to her liberal policies if she can get a 4th term.
    Honestly, I think that Horst Seehofer would be a better choice for the CDU/CSU.

The AFD has some good ideas but its shadowed by people like Alexander Gauland who have racist views.
    A party with racist-believes will never be able to get a high turnout in Germany.

Here is the real issue:

CDU/CSU = If Angela Merkel is their candidate, I will not vote for them.
    SPD = I voted for them in the last election, they promised that they would not bond with the CDU/CSU (thats why they got my vote).
    After the election, the CDU was not able to get a proper Coalition without the SPD. In the end the CDU/CSU and SPD formed a Coalition.
    This is hypocrisy on the highest level. The SPD did backflip on one of their major campaign promises. I will never vote for them again.
    AFD = Cannot get my vote as long as they have racists at the top-level of their party.
    Green-Party = Probably the only reasonable choice...
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2016-11-16 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Thats for Germany to decide, not you.
    Clearly, does that mean he can't express his opinion on the matter? I've never noticed you holding back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Cool story. Care to qualify that with something other than how you feel about the situation?

Deleted
    Plan for Merkel - get even more rapefugees making other countries do the brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why should there be? There are no limits in most places. Don't assume the world must conform to one system.
    Because the same people sit on the throne for decades, to the point of people being willing to elect anyone, no matter how nasty, just not to see their faces any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to her, I hope she gets reelected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Why would they? It didn't turn out well for the US.
    Imagine how hard the win would be if Obama had another chance.
    As much as I personally like Obama, I have a suspicion that people are tired of seeing his face every day throughout 8 years (almost 10, if you include his first presidential campaign as well). Rotation is needed, IMO, even if bad.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good luck to her, I hope she gets reelected.
    You really want to flood the world with Islam, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    You really want to flood the world with Islam, huh?
    Lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muḥammadur-rasūlu-llāh. Obviously.

But no, because she's central to keeping the integrity of the EU in place at present.

Deleted
    Despite what foreigners say. Merkel has a high level of support from the German people and is doing a great job. Unless Parliament goes against popular opinnion. She will be reelected if she runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Despite what foreigners say. Merkel has a high level of support from the German people and is doing a great job. Unless Parliament goes against popular opinnion. She will be reelected if she runs.
    As I understand, she doesn't really have a viable alternative having a lot of support from the population. And indeed, she's been doing a pretty darn good job, given the scope of the issues she had to deal with. But yeah... She's overstayed her welcome, I think, and hopefully, if she wins the next election, it will be her last one. 16+ years is way too long for a country leader, people become detached from reality after such a ride.

Unfortunately, green party and social democrats are joke in Germany. Merkel is better than the pathetic left that Germany has.

It's funny how americans think they know what goes on in germany.

I am german. Sure, the refugees could've worked out better than it did, but everyone just was overwhelmed. But germany isn't in any crisis right now because of it. Most people barely notice the refugees here. A good friend of mine is meeting a group of syrians every two weeks and they cook together, talk, laugh and have a good time. Sure, there are some bad apples, but not nearly as many as americans think there are. People talk about daily rapes and how we are overrun by islamists? Bitch please.

Merkel will probably be elected again and why wouldn't she? She's a good leader. Like some others already said, if Obama could've run another term he would've won landslide. Why have term limits if the people are willing to elect them? I really would prefer it to have another term of her than to have an election-shitshow with the option between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Unfortunately, green party and social democrats are joke in Germany. Merkel is better than the pathetic left that Germany has.
    The Left (or Die Linke as they are called in German, are still very much going in the East, my own state's Minister President is a Left). The Greens are in a crisis at the moment, I don't know whether Cem Özdemir & Co. will actually find a way out of it, there's a few Green politicians like Kretschmann, who happens to be head of one of the industrious German states - Baden-Württemberg, who could reform the party but that all depends on his own success. The real elephant in this room are however the socialdemocrats whose major problem is that they bowed to the neo-liberal agenda which brought sweeping changes to Germany's social system and which contributed to the every-increasing gap between the haves and have-nots, it also diminished the middle-class. Merkel just built on that legacy, that should not be forgot. The problem is that the socialdemocrats have drifted too much to the center that the common worker doesn't really feel represented by them anymore which is why most of them have lost trust in politics and are now more prone to vote far right. Remember socialdemocracy is basically a German construct and was founded by intellectual members of the working class and the modern socialdemocrats have betrayed them all in the name of making Germany globally competitive...at all costs that is. Unfortunately when seen objectively they had no other choice, they did what the conservatives before them were unwilling or afraid to do and nobody would have said: how untypical of the conservatives to think pro-economy.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Merkel hasn't said anything to the question if she will run for another term. In her usual way there is total silence.

And the whole CDU is laughing about Röttgen and his statement since he is really a tragic figure in the party (the second minister ever fired while in office... by Merkel herself).
    I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt, no one knows if Merkel will run again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    She is toast, just like Brexit and the US Democratic Party.

The world has HAD IT with the liberal/progressive agenda. Germany is gonna put her out on her ass where she belongs - she is personally responsible for destroying Germany (and Europe in general.)

It is time for every citizen in every country that is run by liberals/progressives to stand up to their disgusting and reprehensible ideology and tell them to Shut The Fuck Up, just like REAL Americans did to the Democrats by electing Trump.
    What a load of bollocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I doubt we'd like to take that rather silly mantle. The world can bloody well fix itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    Green-Party = Probably the only reasonable choice...
    To be honest, I would respect your choice. I've always been curious about the possibilities of black/green. And Özdemir would make a fine foreign minister to keep Erdogan in check. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Good news she wont get voted in this time.
    What empirical observation do you base the above opinion on?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    As I understand, she doesn't really have a viable alternative having a lot of support from the population. And indeed, she's been doing a pretty darn good job, given the scope of the issues she had to deal with. But yeah... She's overstayed her welcome, I think, and hopefully, if she wins the next election, it will be her last one. 16+ years is way too long for a country leader, people become detached from reality after such a ride.
    Kohl's been in office for 16 years. He managed to reunited the country. Some things take a long time and a lot of experience at the helm. She will step down eventually due to age reasons, but as long as she does a good job, there is absolutely no need to artificially create the need for a change. Detached from reality? How can she be detached from reality when we alternatively get praised and hated on by the rest of the world depending on the topic, mood or heck, the moon phase.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.