Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    So with the nerf to bracers, have we changed the BIS ranking.
    Helm (with talent) > Bracers > Ring > Belt?
    No. The ring was competitive with the bracers, and better when you had the right situation. The new PF hands are really strong, and the scorch belt is actually useful now. The helm is only good on burst AoE, it's probably below the new gloves on sustained cleave.

This nerf to the bracers proves Celestalon is a fucking retard. The proc rate was too strong, and there was a huge potential for massive variance in DPS due to RNG. Instead of fixing that (an icd) they nerfed the damage so now it's much less worth to cast even with procs.

Did the bracers really need the nerf?

I mean look at other classes' legendaries (I point at you, frost DKs or retri palas or mm huntards or boomkins or [...]).

Now after the nerf it seems that for raid encounters all of our legendaries are kinda meh. They are nice upgrade but nothing too powerful compared to some of other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherius View Post
    Waiting for someone to do the math on it, but to me it doesn't seem like a huge increase. Scorch hits next to nothing and isn't affected by kindling..
    Guaranteed crits on a boss sub 25%? Yes please. All those boss fights that you lust at 30% you'll be spewing PB's with the short scorch time and no travel distance to hit.

This update makes the belt an awesome legendary for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    The helm is only good on burst AoE
    I dunno about that. It's a crapton of damage, even on single target, and having it autocrit, well that's just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Unpopular opinion here....the bracers needed the nerf and I hope it sticks. I personally play to get the best out of my abilities. I'm never pleased unless I'm competing against the best as far as dps. So when I go to warcraftlogs and every single mage at the top is using bracers, which I dont have due to complete RNG then yes its a problem. Without a targeted legendary system having class changing items be left up to blind RNG is absolutely insane game design.

Now as far as the class being gutted in 7.1.5 thats a seperate discussion.
    I agree they needed a bit of a nerf. But not a nerf to the damage, it wasn't used much in beta at 200% they had to buff it for a reason. A better approach in my book would have been to adjust the proc % instead.

Unpopular opinion here....the bracers needed the nerf and I hope it sticks. I personally play to get the best out of my abilities. I'm never pleased unless I'm competing against the best as far as dps. So when I go to warcraftlogs and every single mage at the top is using bracers, which I dont have due to complete RNG then yes its a problem. Without a targeted legendary system having class changing items be left up to blind RNG is absolutely insane game design.

Also agree the bracers needed a nerf. The gap between someone with bracers and someone without was just too big. It was very demoralizing running against and being compared to other mages that had the bracer.

Not sure I agree that fire mages have been nerfed though. Would need to run the numbers on the changes, I really don't think its fair to assume them to be blatant nerfs without any evidence.

Deleted
    I wonder if this change makes the belt BiS now. I sure hope so

Deleted

No, RoP has to be removed, this is the worst talent they have ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No, RoP has to be removed, this is the worst talent they have ever created.
    honestly i think its in a pretty good spot now compared to other expansions.

but in all reality, i think this entire row should just be redesigned entirely, its from a time where the entire row were basically all the same talent in a slightly different way and honestly had more choice back in mop than now.

i actually kinda miss how this row used to be about mana management and not just a source of extra damage directly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    honestly i think its in a pretty good spot now compared to other expansions.
    Yeah yeah, of course it is. But that doesn't mean it's well designed, or fun. It's just better than what it used to be. It's still shit to be nailed to a position for its whole duration, especially when your damage revolves around it. The quicker they remove that shit, the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I wonder if this change makes the belt BiS now. I sure hope so
    Doubt it, the gloves look ready to take that title, combustion will be approaching <1min cooldown with those and kindling(if it doesn't get nerfed as well)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Doubt it, the gloves look ready to take that title, combustion will be approaching <1min cooldown with those and kindling(if it doesn't get nerfed as well)
    Oh of course. The gloves are absolutely ridiculous. I was referring BiS within the context of our current legendaries.

Deleted
    Oh of course. The gloves are absolutely ridiculous. I was referring BiS within the context of our current legendaries.
    Why would they become BiS? Scorch damage is laughable. We can hope they change Scorch (seeing how it's our only movement tool now) to be a little less pityful, but as it stands, I'm not sure that spamming a 0 dmg ability to get pyro procs is really worth it. MAYBE it will be, but quite possibly it will be power neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Kussie View Post
    I agree they needed a bit of a nerf. But not a nerf to the damage, it wasn't used much in beta at 200% they had to buff it for a reason. A better approach in my book would have been to adjust the proc % instead.
    I agree, can't understand why they didn't just adjust the proc rate compared to the damage buff it gives.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Yeah yeah, of course it is. But that doesn't mean it's well designed, or fun. It's just better than what it used to be. It's still shit to be nailed to a position for its whole duration, especially when your damage revolves around it. The quicker they remove that shit, the better.
    I really just don't see your issue with it, are you saying you want the cooldown usage from rune of power but with no drawbacks? generally when a caster is doing an opener your not going to be moving around much, why should fire be different.

i really think its funny when mages call for rop to get removed, meanwhile warlocks are crying cuz they dont have a cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Why would they become BiS? Scorch damage is laughable. We can hope they change Scorch (seeing how it's our only movement tool now) to be a little less pityful, but as it stands, I'm not sure that spamming a 0 dmg ability to get pyro procs is really worth it. MAYBE it will be, but quite possibly it will be power neutral.
    I'm not sure. 90k damage within 3 seconds and the massive Pyro right after, which can crit, sounds pretty nice.

You might be right though. Sims will tell.

I really just don't see your issue with it, are you saying you want the cooldown usage from rune of power but with no drawbacks? generally when a caster is doing an opener your not going to be moving around much, why should fire be different.

i really think its funny when mages call for rop to get removed, meanwhile warlocks are crying cuz they dont have a cooldown.
    Well, you're entitled to an opinion. As for not "seeing my issue with it", you merely have to read; I wrote it down in the post you quoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Adsl at home so i can't really download Ptr with a 3g connection, but i dn't think the belt change will do much seeing as how shit it's damage is. Maybe if they buffed it's damage a bit or add the new effect to a nerfed old effect to it. I got it 2 days ago and i honestly hate it, not to sound bitter but i really wanted the helm

I'm not sure. 90k damage within 3 seconds and the massive Pyro right after, which can crit, sounds pretty nice.

You might be right though. Sims will tell.

Well, you're entitled to an opinion. As for not "seeing my issue with it", you merely have to read; I wrote it down in the post you quoted.
    I'm merely saying your "nailed to the floor" analogy is grossly exaggerated considering just how liberal rune of power is in regards to range, you are infact aware that the range is MUCH bigger then the graphic right?

That's a pretty massive radius if you ask me, add to that the fact that its only for 10 seconds.

I just don't see the reasoning for it to be removed.

Deleted
    I'm merely saying your "nailed to the floor" analogy is grossly exaggerated considering just how liberal rune of power is in regards to range, you are infact aware that the range is MUCH bigger then the graphic right?

That's a pretty massive radius if you ask me, add to that the fact that its only for 10 seconds.

I just don't see the reasoning for it to be removed.
    You call THAT a massive radius?

rofl.

You call THAT a massive radius?

rofl.
    Are you saying the blink radius is worthless and also needs to be buffed? cuz its pretty close in distance. blink(20) rop (16).

if you need to move more then this in a 10 second window your issue isn't with rune of power, its with your brain.