Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Suramar Elven Armies; The Blood Elves rise!

Finally saw the assault force the rebellion and allied forces are taking to Suramar. And I finally have the proof that the blood elves can easily hold their own against the nightborne.

While the archaeology quest given by the Reliquary to steal the highborne secrets of the nightborne, it is just an indication that the nightborne generally have a larger library of knowledge (obviously) not that they're better.

The blood elf scout you rescue, he is able to take apart a 10,000 year old arcane nightborne, almost as easy as how the blood elves dispatched the highborne in Azshara. He examines their spell, finds it's sloppy, pokes holes in it and tears it down. Now why can't we see more blood elf superiority in/over the Kirin'tor????

I must say I am quite pleased about this, especially since there is the possibility of the night elves reuniting with the nightborne, I'm glad to see blizzard certainly not making the blood elves look less, and in fact when measured up against the nightborne or any night elves, prove to be the better and smarter. Which makes sense, because the blood elves have devoted their entire mission to cunning and power.

--- on another note... look how pathetic the night elf camp looks .. they look like a bunch of refugees, and the high elves are just a party the side of a handful.. lol. I'm sorry I just have a hard time finding any modicum of respect for night elves - it's so pitiful.. and as for the nightborne for all their supposed superiority, we pwn their arses too.

Blood elves for life !!

---EDIT -- New additions from the camps:
    Even the Nightborne respect the blood elves: Victoire and Silgrn make these comments about the blood elves:

Silgryn: "These blood elves are battle-hardened and disciplined. Their strength will be most useful."
    Victoire: "These blood elves have some formidable magic. Let us hope it is enough to counter the might of the Nightwell."
    The night elves so primitive in comparison and unimpressive to them, though they're quite polite about it. Silgryn remarks "It is hard to believe we are all descended from the same elves. None of us are truly impervious to the passage of time. It seems." - i.e. he is shocked how different the kaldorei have become to what they once were, so different it's hard to believe by looking at them, that they all came from them. And his comment is marking how their glory has faded considerably - a far more polite version of Elisande's comments that follow.

Silgryn: "The night elves use bows! I do not think a bow has been made in Suramar in centuries. I wonder if they would let me use one for practice..."
    Victoire: "I saw the Sentinels doing target practice over in their camp. they sure can shoot...We never really embraced the bow. After all, who needs such primitive instruments when you can craft the fabric of the world to fire missiles for you?"
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-11-24 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly, im with kirin tor peacekeepers here. There are 4 sides of that conflict and noone deserves sympathy.

i wish it didn't take so long to get up to the rep level to see this shit for myself.

but yeah, it is good to hear of the blood elves actually doing something. it should happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wish it didn't take so long to get up to the rep level to see this shit for myself.

but yeah, it is good to hear of the blood elves actually doing something. it should happen more often.
    They do something in every xpack to varying degrees. They always get spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They do something in every xpack to varying degrees. They always get spotlight.
    only in mists, and now legion. their spotlight moment in WoD was cut, the only thing they had in cataclysm was the formation of the reliquary and it was never actually explained in any real detail. quel'delar takes you to the sun well in wrath, but that wasn't about the elves, it was about the sword.

not that surprising considering that the nightborne have been reading the same books for the last 10,000 years and they were more careful with magic after azshara's reign. blood elves have the advantage of open discussion among other practitioners of magic...

what made you think that the nightborne would be inherently superior to the blood elf?

only in mists, and now legion. their spotlight moment in WoD was cut, the only thing they had in cataclysm was the formation of the reliquary and it was never actually explained in any real detail. quel'delar takes you to the sun well in wrath, but that wasn't about the elves, it was about the sword.
    Don't forget The Burning Crusade where they got more exposure than Gnomes, Dwarfs, Trolls, Tauren have had combined since the start of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Don't forget The Burning Crusade where they got more exposure than Gnomes, Dwarfs, Trolls, Tauren have had combined since the start of WoW.
    that is true, those races do need more focus.

i'm of the mind that all races could get more focus without it being a detriment to the current story they're trying to tell. it could just be self contained areas and updated areas and such.

They were still quite involved in Wod, the only expansion that saw little blood elf development was cata, otherwise there was always something, not to metion the whole sunreaver stuff in wotlk so I really wouldn't say there was too little.

Deleted
    wait til u see the end of the 7.1 Suramar Campaign... I have played it on the ptr.

As I said when I made my video about this week on the ptr, the fact that they act like the Night Elves don't have a standing force is really nonsensical, right alongside the implication of that scene that suddenly the Blood Elves have a giant army.

They have a standing force, yes, but as do the Night Elves. In fact, between the events of War3 and Kael taking some to Outland, they should have much less than at least the Night Elves. Blood Elves aren't breeding like rabbits.

The High Elf representation with Vereesa as like literally 4 npcs makes sense. And before somebody says it, yes, sure, they reference the "stealthiness" of the Night Elves, but they still have the Sentinels and can essentially grow Ancients and use their Druids to spawn a bunch of a treants and such.

And if the Blood Elves are going to just have Mages incorporated in their ranks using Blood Magic and powering the Golems, there's no reason the Night Elves shouldn't have a bunch of Druids there either.

Overall, the return of all the Elves was amazing, don't get me wrong, I love it way more than I dislike it. It was just irking me that the Night Elves sent virtually nobody when they should have the largest force.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-16 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    As I said when I made my video about this week on the ptr, the fact that they act like the Night Elves don't have a standing force is really nonsensical, right alongside the implication of that scene that suddenly the Blood Elves have a giant army.

They have a standing force, yes, but as do the Night Elves. In fact, between the events of War3 and Kael taking some to Outland, they should have much less than at least the Night Elves. Blood Elves aren't breeding like rabbits.

The High Elf representation with Vereesa as like literally 4 npcs makes sense. And before somebody says it, yes, sure, they reference the "stealthiness" of the Night Elves, but they still have the Sentinels and can essentially grow Ancients and use their Druids to spawn a bunch of a treants and such.

And if the Blood Elves are going to just have Mages incorporated in their ranks using Blood Magic and powering the Golems, there's no reason the Night Elves shouldn't have a bunch of Druids there either.

Overall, the return of all the Elves was amazing, don't get me wrong, I love it way more than I dislike it. It was just irking me that the Night Elves sent virtually nobody when they should have the largest force.
    The sunfury returned to quel'thalas.

The blood elves spent many years to make their army bigger and better equipped. All about the blood elves is to look for new spells and weapons to protect quelthalas

7+ Year Old Account
    quel'delar takes you to the sun well in wrath, but that wasn't about the elves, it was about the sword
    Haha stop whining Quel'Delar quest was PURE High/Blood Elves lore.

i'm of the mind that all races could get more focus without it being a detriment to the current story they're trying to tell.
    Tell it to the frogs... i mean gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The sunfury returned to quel'thalas.

The blood elves spent many years to make their army bigger and better equipped. All about the blood elves is to look for new spells and weapons to protect quelthalas
    The Sunfury that weren't murdered all throughout BC's timeline.

Furthermore you can look for more and better equipement, that doesn't give you more people.

Once again people seem to forget how many High Elves were destroyed in Warcraft 3, including Blizzard. They act like the Blood Elves have an enormous army. They, by all rights, shouldn't. I mean the Night Elves don't really either, but they should still have more than the Blood Elves. Also in 7.1, the Emerald Nightmare raid has already happened storywise, so at the very least Malfurion SHOULD be pretending the Night Elves are in the Alliance by standing there.

At the very least the Night Elves should have more representation of their Druidism (Rather than just an ancient fighting stuff in the background of the quest chain) and Sentinels beyond just 6 of them running with Tyrande at the very end. There should have been Druids of the Claw and Talon fighting alongside Tyrande.

I mean the same applies to the Blood Elves. I love Liadrin but why the hell isn't Lor'themar there?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-16 at 02:01 PM.

I mean the same applies to the Blood Elves. I love Liadrin but why the hell isn't Lor'themar there?
    Was wondering the same thing. Lor'themar missing in action again.

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that the night elves need to defend their territories, pretty much everywhere, ever since Wotlk the blood elves could focus solely on rebuilding their homeland. Even now quite a few night elves are bound in Val'sharah with entire communities in danger. So in that regard I'd say it is understandable, I would be baffled if Quel'thalas amasses an army if the nation was under attack at the moment. The fact that the night elves can still muster such a force despite their circumstances is quite remarkable.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-11-16 at 02:19 PM.

Furthermore you can look for more and better equipement, that doesn't give you more people.

Once again people seem to forget how many High Elves were destroyed in Warcraft 3, including Blizzard. They act like the Blood Elves have an enormous army. They, by all rights, shouldn't. I mean the Night Elves don't really either, but they should still have more than the Blood Elves. Also in 7.1, the Emerald Nightmare raid has already happened storywise, so at the very least Malfurion SHOULD be pretending the Night Elves are in the Alliance by standing there.

At the very least the Night Elves should have more representation of their Druidism (Rather than just an ancient fighting stuff in the background of the quest chain) and Sentinels beyond just 6 of them running with Tyrande at the very end. There should have been Druids of the Claw and Talon fighting alongside Tyrande.

Lorthemar appears at the end of the hidden artifact appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Lorthemar appears at the end of the hidden artifact appearance
    Yeah but that's not the actual storyline.

Yeah but that's not the actual storyline.
    And no other leader of the horde.

Yeah well that's a problem across the entire lore. Humans still had powerful factions (Stormwind, Theramore, Dalaran, Scarlet Crusade) despite literally all their kingdoms being sacked and burned in a bit more than a generation. The Orcish Horde managed to all fit into concentration camps and a stolen human fleet, and saw constant fighting ever since arriving in Kalimdor and settling in a half barren land, but there are still plenty of Orcs to go around despite all this. Both Taurens and playable Trolls were on the verge of being wiped out in WC3, plenty of them around today too. The Gilneans were reduced to a scattered refugee band, in Legion they are the Alliance's primary standing army on the Broken Isles. So on and so forth.

I don't think blood elves are special in this way, even if their absurd numbers since BC makes the least amount of sense out of all races. Blizzard just doesn't care much about story consistency, and gives absolutely 0 thoughts to logistics.