Thread: 7.1.5 BM Nerfs

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphre View Post
    1. -5% crit (goes for all hunter specs)
    2. Tooltip change IN CASE you get a legendary that gives Dire Beast/Frenzy 2 charges
    3. Barrage nefed by 50% on the target (BM ONLY)

Will be updated....

Good Job blizz!
    1. losing crit is a nerf, but i think is widespread for all classes, clearly an attempt to make crit rate a likeable stat
    2. Since when is tooltip change a nerf? it does the same thing as before
    3. BM really didn't take barrage as a competitive talent

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuya View Post
    isnt the way charges work such that if you get a proc the "cooldown" timer carries on until it is refreshed, but just doesnt add a charge if capped?

my understanding is something like:

DB has 5 secs left and the free one procs.
    Spend the free one immediatly
    next charge refreshes < 5 seconds later, rather than a 12 second reset.
    when used next DB goes back on CD for 12 secs

etc
    That's how it works with TWO charges. If you only have one... it's just a cooldown. Your CD progress won't be preserved, because your ONE charge will be refilled instantly. Five seconds left? Nope, it's no seconds left now. That's all that happens, just like live.

All normal CD abilities are equivalent to single-charge cooldowns. Once the ONE charge is filled back up... it's not filling up anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    1. Since when is tooltip change a nerf? it does the same thing as before
    It's not a nerf, it's just embarrassing. I'm hoping this doesn't go live, because it will make me endlessly mad to see "1 Charges" on an ability every BM hunter has been wanting 2 charges of since pre-patch.

But I'm glad two hunters on my server will receive the random-drop bugfix.

Pretty sure dire beast procs would ad additional charges even without the legendary. Just cause tool tip says 1 charge doesn't mean it's capped at 1 charge, whole idea of a charge is so that they stack. Legendary would just give you a passive extra charge at all times. This would only make sense and if it's true would be a huge buff to BM.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-16 at 04:51 PM.

Unless I'm mistaken, BM gets a buff in Dire Beast actually. Instead of a cooldown, it now has 1 charge. Big deal eh? Nope. If you get a proc before you actually get to launch the Dire Beast, currently it is essentially wasted. With charges you will be able to launch two beasts one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by tithian View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, BM gets a buff in Dire Beast actually. Instead of a cooldown, it now has 1 charge. Big deal eh? Nope. If you get a proc before you actually get to launch the Dire Beast, currently it is essentially wasted. With charges you will be able to launch two beasts one after the other.
    You are mystaken.

The tooltip change is due to a new legendary that gives 1 extra stack. Without the legendary, Direbeast/Frenzy works exactly the same as it is on live right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Pretty sure dire beast procs would ad additional charges even without the legendary. Just cause tool tip says 1 charge doesn't mean it's capped at 1 charge, whole idea of a charge is so that they stack. Legendary would just give you a passive extra charge at all times. This would only make sense and if it's true would be a huge buff to BM.
    How are you pretty sure? Did you test it on PTR? If you did, you wouldnt be so sure.

You are mystaken.

The tooltip change is due to a new legendary that gives 1 extra stack. Without the legendary, Direbeast/Frenzy works exactly the same as it is on live right now.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you pretty sure? Did you test it on PTR? If you did, you wouldnt be so sure.
    Better questions is how are you sure about anything? You are the one spamming forums that it's not stackable without legendary.

Better questions is how are you sure about anything? You are the one spamming forums that it's not stackable without legendary.
    Because i imported my hunter to the PTR and tested the changes, so i cant tell with 100% of accuracy, that is not stackable without a legendary.
    Last edited by zaphre; 2016-11-16 at 08:28 PM.

Because i imported my hunter to the PTR and tested the changes, so i cant tell with 100% of accuracy, that is not stackable without a legendary.
    Well if thats the case rip BM. That makes legendary shoulders a requirement to play the spec. If something this dumb actually goes live I will almost certainly quit playing. Being it has now been 3 months and I only have the bracer which is 3rd bis. At this rate getting the shoulders might take 2 years after 7.2 releases.

Well if thats the case rip BM. That makes legendary shoulders a requirement to play the spec. If something this dumb actually goes live I will almost certainly quit playing. Being it has now been 3 months and I only have the bracer which is 3rd bis. At this rate getting the shoulders might take 2 years after 7.2 releases.
    the spec plays fine right now without the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuq View Post
    Fine in the sense that is bottom tier dps?

or

Fine in the sense that people constantly make fun of it being able to be played with a garage door opener?

You know what I want? Neither. Its half of a spec, give us more buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Works like that if you have the new legendary item. Base it will work EXACLY like it is on live. Wich is fucking stupid.
    Thats what bugs me the most. I hate getting a reset proc when I have like 2 seconds left. If they made it so we get a free cast without messing with the CD then BM would be a whole lot better. I still like the way the spec works but that one change would make it perfect for me.

When you say bottom tier dps, you mean middle of the pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    When you say bottom tier dps, you mean middle of the pack?
    Means that all 3 specs are bottom dps for single target. We're getting outscaled by all other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuq View Post
    Having 2 dire beasts is a great quality of life change with the potential to increase dps by a little or a lot depending on how you line up with titans thunder.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-11-17 at 02:54 AM.

This spec doesn't just needs buffs or nerfs. It needs to be redesigned from scratch. Will 7.1.5 address this? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This spec doesn't just needs buffs or nerfs. It needs to be redesigned from scratch. Will 7.1.5 address this? I doubt it.
    And why would it need that.

Deleted
    That is only talents tuning and WIP. Nearly everyone got nerfed. Enhancers lose 5% crit and 2 out of 4 cookie cutter dps talents got nerfed.

So what?

Your feedback should be about mechanics and how to balance talents, not nerfs or buffs.

Oh and btw, nearly evrryone got nerfed up to now.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it simplyneeds a buff. If you dont like the gameplay youshould switch.

But the ptr so far isnt about numbers tuning. There is going to be numbers tuning at the end for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    And why would it need that.
    Maybe because it doesn't require a brain to play it.

Maybe because it doesn't require a brain to play it.
    Oh no...you don't like a spec so blizz should totally redesign.

Gross exaggeration aside, simple specs have their place in the game and an established population that will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Oh no...you don't like a spec so blizz should totally redesign.

Gross exaggeration aside, simple specs have their place in the game and an established population that will enjoy it.
    Well said man. Completely agree (I'm one of those millions that love it).
    Don't get why some people assume complexity/challenge/hardcore equals having fun with a videogame...

It's extremely depressing that they recognize the second dire beast charge is desirable enough to put it on a legendary but continue to let the rest of us bask in the frustration of those terribly timed procs.

I like BM but decisions like this are really hard to defend. And it feels like a complete waste of time offering feedback when it simply results in things like a nerfed Posthaste and Trailblazer.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice