Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    tl;dr - It's an item, is it feminist? Yeah sure. Do we need a ex-girlfriend punching bag? No probably not, society wouldn't accept it and it wouldn't be in the best interest of blizzard. It's not blizzards fault, it's societies.
    So people should not fight for something that society deems bad either? While games are not where I prefer to get my dose of social politics, it's kind of weird to say that it's not blizzards fault, when they're just now furthering this viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    So people should not fight for something that society deems bad either? While games are not where I prefer to get my dose of social politics, it's kind of weird to say that it's not blizzards fault, when they're just now furthering this viewpoint
    Yeah but as a business it could be a pretty bad decision. As a business I'd rather not risk it.

Is this still a contradictory decision. Of course, but again. Business. Should they have consulted their PR department. Probably.

Yeah but as a business it could be a pretty bad decision. As a business I'd rather not risk it.

Is this still a contradictory decision. Of course, but again. Business. Should they have consulted their PR department. Probably.
    Well sure, they're there to make money! Honestly I think that both the Ex-Boyfriend and Ex-girlfriend dummy(idea) is just silly.. Why not just make it a "Ex-partner dummy" instead and we'll all be happy, minus those that believe this encourages domestic abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    What you and so many other people in this thread fail to realize is that we're pointing out Blizzard's obvious double standard they've set with this item. Maybe you approve of hypocrisy but I certainly do not.
    Fuck it, I guess you can say I'm "triggered" by double standards. I expect consistency, either you remove everything regarding a specific subject or you remove nothing.
    Not really. What's been pointed out is that people aren't 100% of all the silly shit that is in the game, and get upset when they focus in on an extremely narrow aspect of it. Now is there 100% balance between jabs at women as men, can't say.

And frankly I find it more of a jab at women than men. Has a the old ex-gf is crazy kinda jive to me. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It promotes an on-going issue that society is quick to ignore. That is that we don't view abuse against men, by the hands of women, as harshly as we do females (by men). A man that speaks out is often times criticized and told to just "suck it up and be a man... take those hits". When the roles are reversed, a woman is seen as a victim; helpless to her attacker. People are more prone to step in and help her. Which they should, don't get wrong, but the same should also be done for men. They aren't punching bags, as is being joked here.

There's a reason Blizzard won't make this toy reversing the roles (punch your ex-gf), and that's because it's a major social taboo to promote such things against women, even if it's a joke. The same should be done for men, even more so, since their abuse is essentially being ignored and laughed at.
    Blizzard made a murder the ex gf quest =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Maiev Approved

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the worst item added to World of Warcraft ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Or may he doesn't get stepped on to beggin with ? Now if you were to stop being a pussy and man up, perhaps you wouldn't either
    Wow, so what do you tell women when they are struck? Women up and you won't get stepped on?

T r i g g e r e d

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It promotes an on-going issue that society is quick to ignore. That is that we don't view abuse against men, by the hands of women, as harshly as we do females (by men). A man that speaks out is often times criticized and told to just "suck it up and be a man... take those hits". When the roles are reversed, a woman is seen as a victim; helpless to her attacker. People are more prone to step in and help her. Which they should, don't get wrong, but the same should also be done for men. They aren't punching bags, as is being joked here.

There's a reason Blizzard won't make this toy reversing the roles (punch your ex-gf), and that's because it's a major social taboo to promote such things against women, even if it's a joke. The same should be done for men, even more so, since their abuse is essentially being ignored and laughed at.
    While I agree with what you're saying in the REAL WORLD, we're in a fantasy game. I also don't think any man should "take the hits" if they've warned the woman several times and even after that - she continues, so yeah either someone's going to get arrested (surprise, probably the guy) or she'll stop.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC

They should add an ex-girlfriend toy as I'm sure everyone arguing against the double standard would now be fine with it. OR they can rename it to "Ex-Partner" if that'd satisfy everyone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    T r i g g e r e d
    Yes the mere thought of people seeing the double standard has triggered a lot of people.

Am I the only one here who just doesn't care and is wondering how this thread can have 37 pages?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Am I the only one here who just doesn't care and is wondering how this thread can have 37 pages?
    Of course you are not alone, but most people that don't care don't post here :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Well, by "not caring" and adding another post, you're just making the thread even longer!
    There's bound to be atleast 2 pages of people just saying: "I don't care" here

Every person that say "it's just a joke" is proving my point that domestic violence against men isn't taken seriously.

I'm very far from being a permanently offended SJW, but I'm surprised Blizzard put this in their game. Tbh it's bad taste and should be removed. Let's call it Ex-Wife and watch the Twittersphere go into meltdown.

I started thinking about this for a second and I realized why don't they just change the word "illegal" to "wrong"?

Saying you won't do it because it is illegal implies not stabbing the real thing because of legal ramifications, wrong implies a moral conflict.

I'm sure more people in this thread will continue with people bitching about anyone taking offense to something, how having feelings is dumb, or how showing consideration of how words affect people is for beta cuck millennial libtards or something though.
    Last edited by Furious Spoon; 2016-11-17 at 04:12 PM.

This reinforces an often ignored problem. namely that men are very much so abused in relationship. And that domestic violence IS committed against them.

And yet it's often ignored. Because they're apparently not "real-men"

And yet we casually throw in another thing referencing male abuse. Like it's nothing. it's disgusting.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Its funny how "triggered" is now the choice word of insult around here xD
    People are literally becoming "triggered" at the fact that other people in this thread are "triggered"
    And people are "triggered" that people are "triggered" about people being "triggered"

Can we just accept that people take issue with things sometimes? And not label their concerns or mindset as "triggered", in such a negative connotation
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    tl;dr - It's an item, is it feminist? Yeah sure.
    It absolutely is not a feminist item. Feminism is not about oppressing men. It is the gender norms in our patriarchal society that promote the idea that men must be strong and just take it.
    Last edited by mmoc2e490b8349; 2016-11-17 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    37 pages..why is it always the most pointless topics that make the most pages?

This is why the world is not evolving enough