Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What a GREAT idea to put Sombra in now

A week before comp ends. A WEEK. People are trying hard to get diamond. Bad enough we have to deal with immature trolls, but people picking Sombra when just about raises the chances of loosing quite a bit. There are people who've barely played her using her in comp!. Why couldn't Blizzard of waited just one more week for gods sake.. or better yet ban Sombra in comp for a week till the season ends! Well, its too late now. She's live and I don't see Blizz hotfixing a ban on her in comp.

Its fine and all when people switch when the realise they'e doing a shitty job. But with new heroes bring a fresh wave of stubborn immaturity. Refusing to switch because they want to play the new hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    but they finally つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF SOMBRA

What, you don't like your precious standard meta being challanged? Poor you...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    What, you don't like your precious standard meta being challanged? Poor you...
    Wow... you could not have missed the point of the OP's post more.

The point is that why disrupt the meta and PUNISH those who have been scratching and clawing for diamonds since the season started, and put in a character that most people will tell you throws the meta on its HEAD is not something that was needed.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    The point is that why disrupt the meta and PUNISH those who have been scratching and clawing for diamonds since the season started, and put in a character that most people will tell you throws the meta on its HEAD is not something that was needed.
    Because the meta was already tired and stale. If you can't handle adaptation, then that's a personal shortcoming. Same thing goes for League, which I play.

I guess you have to take the good with the bad. It's done now. You will probably win just as many because the opposing team had a Sombra, as you will lose because you had a Sombra.
    Check out my youtube channel for Overwatch and other Blizzard content: https://www.youtube.com/c/eleventyten. You can also visit me at www.eleventyten.net !

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so pissed they done this. So close to hitting 3k. I've been getting within 1 game of getting it, then losing streak to because of garbage picks. Grind back up and was hoping when I finished work tonight I would get it, but no. GG thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the meta was already tired and stale. If you can't handle adaptation, then that's a personal shortcoming. Same thing goes for League, which I play.
    It's not really fair to be forced to learn how to play against a new character so suddenly though. Even worse, Sombra is going to feel strong at the end of a season when people are still getting used to her, and people will be clamoring for nerfs that she may not need.

Deleted
    Jesusfuckingchrist can you be any more confrontational for no reason? It's like someone insulted your mothers dignity. Chill out. What's your own rank anyway? Do you play ranked?

Throwing in a game-changer at the end of a season, not between two seasons, is a dick move by any standard. Especially with seasons being reasonably short. It upsets the balance at the wrong time and disrupts normal play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seasons aren't particularly meant to be without changeups mid-season. They're not short-term contests. I'd rather have a game with updates more regularly than every 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seasons aren't particularly meant to be without changeups mid-season. They're not short-term contests. I'd rather have a game with updates more regularly than every 3 months.
    So mid-season = 1 week before end of season?

No one is saying they shouldn't update at all during comp seasons. 1 week before season end is just plain silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sombra has not caused me and issues yet.

If you haven't reached your desired rank at this point ( a week before the end) adding a new character to change the game meta won't really effect you.

Comes down to L2addept, at least this way you have 2 weeks to learn how to deal/use SOmbra whent he new season starts

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Jesusfuckingchrist can you be any more confrontational for no reason? It's like someone insulted your mothers dignity. Chill out. What's your own rank anyway? Do you play ranked?

Throwing in a game-changer at the end of a season, not between two seasons, is a dick move by any standard. Especially with seasons being reasonably short. It upsets the balance at the wrong time and disrupts normal play.
    Because 1 week shouldn't matter. If it does, then you're rushing to try and reach it, and that's kindof on you. Sure, it's bad planning on Blizzards part to throw a new hero into the mix end of season, but if that really disrupts your chances that much, then it's a l2p issue. Yeah it sounds harsh, but really, it is. It is with League as well. No, those games aren't the same, but the mentalities and general tactics still apply. Know what you yourself do, and play together with your team. At least in OW, you can change your hero if you get pwnd into the ground, you can't in league, so you get plenty of room to adjust on the fly.

So yeah, it was an unceremonious move on Blizzards part, but it really shouldn't impact the game that hard in terms of ranked, as most people who wanted X rank, most likely already has it for the most part. It's a lot harder to climb end of season when people tryhard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's not really fair to be forced to learn how to play against a new character so suddenly though. Even worse, Sombra is going to feel strong at the end of a season when people are still getting used to her, and people will be clamoring for nerfs that she may not need.
    I doubt Blizz will nerf her based on 1 week of people breaking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    I'm so pissed they done this. So close to hitting 3k. I've been getting within 1 game of getting it, then losing streak to because of garbage picks. Grind back up and was hoping when I finished work tonight I would get it, but no. GG thanks.
    i know the feeling brotha, i know the feeling

I have to agree, it seems a bit daft letting her play in ranked with a week to go. Im seeing a lot of friends complain because someone thinks they are shit hot at her and play her in high end comp. Then fuck the team over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I have to agree, it seems a bit daft letting her play in ranked with a week to go. Im seeing a lot of friends complain because someone thinks they are shit hot at her and play her in high end comp. Then fuck the team over.
    Perhaps Blizzard should implement a system where you need to play a certain hero for x amount of time in quick play before you can use them in ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventyten View Post
    I guess you have to take the good with the bad. It's done now. You will probably win just as many because the opposing team had a Sombra, as you will lose because you had a Sombra.
    Shhh, stop with this logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    This could have happened without Sombra though. Chances are it would have, I would praise Sombra for giving everyone this excuse!!

So both teams will have a useless Sombra each. Big deal?