Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I've noticed this a bit on the forums and a few fansites that people are asking for them to be on the LFD queue. Why? What is wrong with forming your own group and going there? Just seems to me people want a way to get more free purples for minimal effort when there are already plenty of ways of that in LFR and World Quests.
    Beside this being another eyeball thread from a mod...

Most are already using Premade Group Finder which does the same.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really want mythics in group finder. Today I did a random heroic for the healer satchel on my priest alt. We had two melees who performed OK. Third dps was a fire mage who I figured had recently dinged as he was below my dps consistently apart from the odd aoe pack, which makes sense seeing as disc priest doesn't really have aoe. Towards the end of the run I inspected him. He was in 870 gear, outgearing me quite significantly. Now imagine a mythic group where everyone performs like him. That mythic instance is going to take HOURS. I'm certainly not ever going to queue for that kind of experience as a tank or healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game became allot more social for me since everyone in my friendlist started doing mythic / mythic + ...

so i am very happy with this system. Yes it sometimes means getting a group together can be a pain. But the runs itself are much more fun. In the old system the hassle of getting groups together was just not worth it compared to just queueing up.

keep it as it is please, i like it.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because they are single players playing a MMORPG and slowly destroying it.
    Slowly? They've completely killed the genre as a whole.

I'm going to suggest the following changes:

Make a system where you can queue for Mythic, but only with people in a select group (say, your guild mates, your friends, or people who have friended you, or people in guilds that have been connected somehow with your guild ("guild friends?").)

Connect this also with the recently introduced toast system so you know when others in this circle have queued, so you can join them.

This would formalize and slightly extend an informal "hey, anyone want to run X?" system that currently exists, but would keep the trolls down.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

As a healer I dont wanna be queued with people who have no clue what they are doing for a mythic. The Run for is gonna take forever that way.
    And this is going to happen once they get placed into LFD. Just look at the HC dungeons, people are catching shit they shouldn't do, low DPS or sometimes no DPS at all for a few seconds.

Appart from all that. The dungeons have a weekly lock out. Which would just fuck up the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth1990 View Post
    Appart from all that. The dungeons have a weekly lock out. Which would just fuck up the system.
    No it wouldn't, It would work the same way heroic's do. Single Que is weekly but u can do random's.

As for keystone's disable there use when doing LFD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I've noticed this a bit on the forums and a few fansites that people are asking for them to be on the LFD queue. Why? What is wrong with forming your own group and going there? Just seems to me people want a way to get more free purples for minimal effort when there are already plenty of ways of that in LFR and World Quests.
    That seems to be you general view of people using queues. People prefer to the random queue. Why is that such a big fuss?

Deleted
    Even if they will be made auto-queueable, I will still prefer to use the LFG System for Pugs - or just stick to running with my Friends and Guildmates. Having Teamspeak is sooo much part of the Experience for me, without it it so booooring.

But I would prefer that they don't get into the queue stuff - they will nerfed pretty hard, just like Cata Heroics. You already have normal and heroics for easy access and no challenge, please let us have some hard dung's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventyten View Post
    Personally I wouldn't mind it being in LFD. Maybe open up Mythic +1 to +5 for LFD and require any difficulty above that to have an organized group. Mythics are really the only progression past WQ's unless you're doing Heroic raiding and the same people who want LFD for Mythics aren't doing that. You hit a wall once you're done with Heroics and they top out at what, 850? I think the current "acceptable minimum" is about 860. 850 to 860 is not easy without Mythic/Mythic+

So yeah, it's the casual player who want Mythics in LFD, because they've got nothing left to do now. And when they do try to get into groups they're being declined for being sub ilvl.

Of course they are declined everyone knows you need 870 for plain mythics by now. and you need 880 and achievement for Karazhan everyone knows that you need that or your run will be a bad run with wipes galore

For me I would love to see Mythic in LFD - unless you're obscenely overgeared its almost impossible to get into a group. At end of WOD, one couldn't get into a mythic dungeon, which were tuned for 670 ilvl unless you has 715+. Same story in Legion - people want a cake walk and not a challenge so they insist in absurdly high ilvl. As for "free" purples - being able to queue doesn't make it free. Not talking about making Mythic easier, only easier to join a group at the same difficulty. And speaking to the crowd that every expansion cries about "welfare purples", cried about LFD, cried about LFR, my question is how does my getting 835 tier gear in LFR in any way lessen the 880 tier gear you get in Mythic raid? It doesn't. We all pay our $15 a month and should all get to experience everything in the game at whatever level we have the time and interest to pursue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    LFD/premade finder/cross server is why everything is bad. Zero accountability leads to the player base we have today.
    Utter BS

Vanilla and TBC was littered with terrible players, spending hours for 1 dungeon was awful

What about those people that play solo, are not in a guild, have no battlenet friends and just want to run the content? How would a mythic LFD feature that includes them be of any harm?

Because they are too casual to use the pre-made group finder, which is arguably just aso fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emrsonbigins View Post
    What about those people that play solo, are not in a guild, have no battlenet friends and just want to run the content? How would a mythic LFD feature that includes them be of any harm?
    You can just form your own group now, in the premade group finder.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Which is rare me agreeing with you to be honest. Premade finder is alright though. Just LFD/LFR have ruined the community of the game.
    lol no. The community was pretty awful in Vanilla and BC as well. People on the internet suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Slowly? They've completely killed the genre as a whole.
    More BS

MMORPG genre died because games evolved and the genre didn't, online gaming is the norm as is multiplayer now. MMORPGs competition increased and most failed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Because they are too casual to use the pre-made group finder, which is arguably just aso fast.

- - - Updated - - -

You can just form your own group now, in the premade group finder.
    It isn't arguable, premade takes longer if your ilvl is below 850

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, the only reason people think the community is any worse than it originally was is because they're just exposed to way more people now with cross-realm stuff. It was just the same in Vanilla/TBC.
    I get tired of the people with nostalgic glasses, Vanilla and even TBC was awful by today's standards

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Got any links for this? I'd rather enjoy watching one or two.
    I don't have links either but Monday I pugged MoS+2 and we finished it with 11min53sec to spare. My dps isn't the greatest (150k-ish as a lame outlaw rogue). Got pretty much carried by a 876 warrior tank and a 870 shaman healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    I don't have links either but Monday I pugged MoS+2 and we finished it with 11min53sec to spare. My dps isn't the greatest (150k-ish as a lame outlaw rogue). Got pretty much carried by a 876 warrior tank and a 870 shaman healer.
    That's why it was easy besides MoS is the fastest dungeon