Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. It is okay but when you compare it to other games like World of Warcraft #1 MMORPG, it just doesn't match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I couldn't get over how if I wanted to level another spec I had to grind fates unti my eyes bled.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not really. It is okay but when you compare it to other games like World of Warcraft #1 MMORPG, it just doesn't match.
    It might be number 1 on subs but matter of taste is an opinion. Please don't come in attempting to start a game vs game debate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I couldn't get over how if I wanted to level another spec I had to grind fates unti my eyes bled.
    Tbh you only have to go as high as 5. Then you can do levequests and at 16 the duty finder unlocks. Also deep dungeon is a good system for alt levelling nowadays.

Someone's trying to stop the sub bleeding from WoW to FFXIV...

Wipe that Blizzard shit off your nose son, Wow isn't the game it used to be, and FFXIV is way ahead of it in many, MANY departments.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It might be number 1 on subs but matter of taste is an opinion. Please don't come in attempting to start a game vs game debate.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh you only have to go as high as 5. Then you can do levequests and at 16 the duty finder unlocks. Also deep dungeon is a good system for alt levelling nowadays.
    Hold up. Because that was a big reason I stopped playing.

So I level to 5 level quest to 16 and then I can dungeon queue until cap ? If true I could very well see myself picking this back up

I'll say FFXIV is a great game even though I haven't played it much and probably won't again. Not that I don't want to, but I simply don't have enough time to play to warrant paying a sub. I remembered the amount of possible content as staggering. It didn't seem as if you could ever (or well, in a reasonable time span) get to a point where you'd log in to set up garrison missions once a day and only log in for raids aside of that. It was pretty overwhelming, TBH.

Also I wouldn't really worry about small playerbase and lack of future content - it's a japanese game and Japanese are scrapers, they won't drop a game only because it brings a small profit and not a fortune, they will keep developing it. If you haen't tried it yet, you really should. The gameplay itself isn't really on WoW's level, though, it's not nearly as smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Roulettes and Palace of the Dead break that up a bit now.

But you could always roulette queue additional jobs as a way of leveling and always had 99 leve allowances.

Palace of the Dead is the main new addition to leveling additional jobs, really.

So I level to 5 level quest to 16 and then I can dungeon queue until cap ? If true I could very well see myself picking this back up
    >hit 15
    >start randomely generating 200 floor roguelite deep dungeon in gridania
    >hit 50 like 2 days later tops with items worth millions of gil
    >Go to HW content rich

flipside of course is now tons of tanks that did this and never learnt how to play, thank god they are thinking about an intermediate training hall.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    >hit 15
    >Go to HW content rich

flipside of course is now tons of tanks that did this and never learnt how to play, thank god they are thinking about an intermediate training hall.
    Time to reactivate that sub!!

Yeah man. Also there is a system called deep dungeon that has it's own sort of separate levels but at the end of each 10th floor you get a good amount of experience.

For the sake of accuracy, the quest that unlocks PotD requires level 17, and you also have to have cleared Tam-Tara Deepcroft (which is part of the main questline) around that same level.

One drawback to leveling via PotD: If you don't have a job stone, you don't get all those handy dandy abilities from the jobs as you level past 30 (inside PotD). Not the end of the world or anything (I've run with people that were in there at level 60 with no job stones), but as a way to preview how a job fully functions, you'd want to at least get to 30 and unlock job stones. It's why I recommended that my friend continue leveling via MSQ once we tried PotD and cleared first 20 floors. He's got his job stone now, so we could go back in there and he'd have a much better idea of how things will go at higher levels.

Such a compelling statement. Guys, WoW is da bestest so I'm gonna go resub...oh wait, no I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Such a compelling statement. Guys, WoW is da bestest so I'm gonna go resub...oh wait, no I'm not.
    Back when everyone was complaining about the WoD beta he said we needed to stop "because Blizzard the God of games", i wouldn't rise to b8 slingers that aren't even Jaylock tier.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol yeah and as he said deep dungeons toon you do get a n xp bonus fir one random a day also random guildheists at 10 and then hunt logs man do not forget the hunt logs.

I normally hunt log till say 10 guild heist both of them(you get a bonus first time per class) then at 16 random dungeons unlock t 15 Santana unlocks hell you can even get a +30% xp ring till 30 via the new tutorial thing for group content.

And just do your hunt logs as well man trust me leveling not hard...OH and the 16 random? You'll probably be 18-19 upon exiting the first one.

- - - Updated - - -

>hit 15
    >Go to HW content rich

Lol it is 17 to unlock but yeah this

- - - Updated - - -

Time to reactivate that sub!!
    Just remember to do class quests

- - - Updated - - -

For the sake of accuracy, the quest that unlocks PotD requires level 17, and you also have to have cleared Tam-Tara Deepcroft (which is part of the main questline) around that same level.

One drawback to leveling via PotD: If you don't have a job stone, you don't get all those handy dandy abilities from the jobs as you level past 30 (inside PotD). Not the end of the world or anything (I've run with people that were in there at level 60 with no job stones), but as a way to preview how a job fully functions, you'd want to at least get to 30 and unlock job stones. It's why I recommended that my friend continue leveling via MSQ once we tried PotD and cleared first 20 floors. He's got his job stone now, so we could go back in there and he'd have a much better idea of how things will go at higher levels.

Only outside inside potd you do indeed get even job skills

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Only outside inside potd you do indeed get even job skills
    My friend got to 35 by the time we ended on floor 20 and swears he didn't have defiance nor inner beast (as MRD). I didn't walk over and visually verify that myself, though.

Somewhat a moot point now, though, since he has WAR unlocked now.

- - - Updated - - -

Back when everyone was complaining about the WoD beta he said we needed to stop "because Blizzard the God of games", i wouldn't rise to b8 slingers that aren't even Jaylock tier.
    Rise? More like stoop down below.

My friend got to 35 by the time we ended on floor 20 and swears he didn't have defiance nor inner beast (as MRD). I didn't walk over and visually verify that myself, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed at least people like him and recently me try.

yup nowadays there are way more ways to level alt classes

at release back in 2.0 it was indeed the only way to really level but now
    much more alternatives.
    I went from 30 to 50 in the deep dungeon by just doing floors 1-10 and sometimes the 11-20 ones
    mind you just casually but still :3

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Your friend was right, without the job crystal you don't get the job skills. I got to level 50 PGL inside PotD and had no MNK skills, which is when I decided not to go past floor 30 before I got the crystal on that class.

Deleted
    currently i am 16 so i can do this questline and then you can just go 50? no need to do the main story?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While you can get to level 50 without doing the main story, you'd have nothing to do because in order to unlock anything, you need to have done the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by thorant View Post
    currently i am 16 so i can do this questline and then you can just go 50? no need to do the main story?
    There's pretty much no avoiding the main story, due to it having so much stuff (dungeons in particular) locked behind it. Want a mount? Locked behind main story. Dungeon roulettes? Gotta run them all at least once.

It's a great way to bump xp along, though. After you've leveled so many classes/jobs via FATE grinding, just about anything is more appealling.