Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Seriously? This expansion has been an cataclysmic anti-climax, bug-ridden, unfinished, diluted mess and you want to promote this / bump this to the front page to the front page to show every one of the MMORPG players that frequent this site?

You do know there were like 20,000 Forum visitors here last night?

You WANT over 20k people to know that RIFT sucks right now?

Do a google. Click some links in this post.

The expansion has had an overwhelmingly negative response.

One word (hyphenated): Kool-Aid - step away from it.
    What negative response? All I see are people loving Starfall Prophecy and saying it is better than the likes of Legion, Heavensward, Heart of Thorns and many many more AAA mmos. /sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just commenting on this because I honestly thought you were joking about some professions losing Salvage..

Well played, Trion, well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    I'm just commenting on this because I honestly thought you were joking about some professions losing Salvage
    They actually made Crafting very easy now by removing:

Salvage Armor
    Salvage Weapons
    Salvage Planar Essences
    Salvage Accessories

All Recipes now will need farmable items and not salvaged items.

Full details from the Dev himself here

http://forums.riftgame.com/starfall-...ml#post5254119

The level of defending Slipmat is doing is just fucken amazing.

Dude you deserve a reward for this level of defend. The expansion released broken and was not ready, this isn't a opinion its a fucken fact. The intro quest was broken for many....

How do you break the fucken intro quest. Then you had many things locked like dungeons. Doesn't matter if they finally opened them, what matters is that it was locked day 1.

This is a cash grab and I give rift to the end of 2017 before its shutdown. Like dude seriously nothing said in the past couple day's has been a lie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The level of defending Slipmat is doing is just fucken amazing.

Dude you deserve a reward for this level of defend. The expansion released broken and was not ready, this isn't a opinion its a fucken fact. The intro quest was broken for many....

How do you break the fucken intro quest. Then you had many things locked like dungeons. Doesn't matter if they finally opened them, what matters is that it was locked day 1.

This is a cash grab and I give rift to the end of 2017 before its shutdown. Like dude seriously nothing said in the past couple day's has been a lie.
    If this game sees a 10 year anniversary I'll be surprised. My guess is 2018 maintenance mode.

Deleted
    Oh damn.. who would've expected this mess?

Was this whole "expansion" a final cheap cash grab from Trion? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seriously what you described is pure white knighting nothing more.
    -snip-
    Off topic I would suggest FF14, Guild Wars 2 and WoW.
    I know who, and what, they are. I'm just struck by the irony of them actively promoting Rifts competition to players who have genuine grievences. Rather than addressing complaints like IA being disabled by saying something like "Yeah, it sucks. But it'll be back before the weekend.", we get people insulting other players for having the nerve to want to level through a new expansion with IA, others saying IA should be removed entirely because it promotes "noob" habits and is "easy mode". People are just plain vile to each other about this kind of thing in Rift. I know I've said similar before, but I've got more than double the number of ignores in Rift than I have in Dota, LoL and Xbox live combined right now.

I'm not sure why Trion isn't bothering to address this either. Players promoting your competition and working to drive away anyone who disagrees with the small white knight clique is a recipe for trouble, moreso when you've just added a hard pay wall. Rift never struck me as a game with fantastic player retention rates, but doubling down on getting people to quit is a bad move.

Thanks for the reccomendations too, planning on checking out FF 14 over the weekend if I get the chance. I was always a huge fan of both the Black and Red Mage look, so I'm hoping there are plenty of red feathered hats and powder blue robes as leveling gear. 'Cos I want to look stupid as hell when I level damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I know who, and what, they are. I'm just struck by the irony of them actively promoting Rifts competition to players who have genuine grievences. Rather than addressing complaints like IA being disabled by saying something like "Yeah, it sucks. But it'll be back before the weekend.", we get people insulting other players for having the nerve to want to level through a new expansion with IA, others saying IA should be removed entirely because it promotes "noob" habits and is "easy mode". People are just plain vile to each other about this kind of thing in Rift. I know I've said similar before, but I've got more than double the number of ignores in Rift than I have in Dota, LoL and Xbox live combined right now.

I'm not sure why Trion isn't bothering to address this either. Players promoting your competition and working to drive away anyone who disagrees with the small white knight clique is a recipe for trouble, moreso when you've just added a hard pay wall. Rift never struck me as a game with fantastic player retention rates, but doubling down on getting people to quit is a bad move.

Thanks for the reccomendations too, planning on checking out FF 14 over the weekend if I get the chance. I was always a huge fan of both the Black and Red Mage look, so I'm hoping there are plenty of red feathered hats and powder blue robes as leveling gear. 'Cos I want to look stupid as hell when I level damnit!
    Try and get stuck into FF14's community side. Same with Guild Wars 2. You won't regret it. And like I said trying to ignore criticism does not make your product better. It only promotes it in a worse fashion. Both positive and negative criticism will make a game either move forward or fall. Problem is positive critique is just the whole "AMG BEST GAME I'M RIGHT" argument. People with actual criticism are not allowed to express it on the official forums either. Other MMOs gladly accept criticism because they know without it they wouldn't be able to improve.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try and get stuck into FF14's community side. Same with Guild Wars 2. You won't regret it
    Crying about the "issues" some people have playing Starfall Prophecy while mentioning GW2 and FF14, priceless

Talk about selective memory or should i help you out and link the many issues both games had at launch? errors 7,21,58 and 1038 say hi, or how about people that couldn't even log onto FF14 for two weeks? both games might be working fine now but it's amazng how you're all here whining about Rift: Starfall Prophecy when the vast majority of players could play away just fine for past few days.

Guess the players who are already level 70 must have used that instant level 70 potion seeing as, according to the experts here, the game was "unfinished" or "released with half the content missing" oh wait, most of that content is now up and running, only 2 days later...hmm, compare that to two weeks of not even been able to log onto FF14, puts things in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Crying about the "issues" some people have playing Starfall Prophecy while mentioning GW2 and FF14, priceless

Talk about selective memory or should i help you out and link the many issues both games had at launch? errors 7,21,58 and 1038 say hi, or how about people that couldn't even log onto FF14 for two weeks? both games might be working fine now but it's amazng how you're all here whining about Rift: Starfall Prophecy when the vast majority of players could play away just fine for past few days.

Guess the players who are already level 70 must have used that instant level 70 potion seeing as, according to the experts here, the game was "unfinished" or "released with half the content missing" oh wait, most of that content is now up and running, only 2 days later...hmm, compare that to two weeks of not even been able to log onto FF14, puts things in perspective.
    Because this is an expansion. Not an entirely new game. Also Heart of Thorns actually launched just fine with a bit of minor lag due to the way it handles it's zones. Also FF14 had those issues on the original version. ARR had to deal with congestion which solved itself out and Heavensward dealt with that by increasing the server capacity for early access. Rift has not had to deal with congestion since Nightmare Tide. And again cherry picking I see. Content was disabled at launch is what people were saying which is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 12:24 PM.

most of that content is now up and running, only 2 days later...hmm, compare that to two weeks of not even been able to log onto FF14, puts things in perspective.
    That isn't something to brag about. The content needed to be up day 1 not parts of it a few day's later.

Also if you are talking about FFXIV 1.0 you are correct but FFXIV 2.0 release just fine besides the fact ALOT of people logged in at once and made that a pain. GW2 also had a smooth launch for a MMO.

The level of defending you are doing for Rift is priceless. You defend there p2w bullshit and you defend the broken ass expansion release. Once again how the fuck do you break the intro quest. That is literally the first thing you check.

You are also comparing a Expansion release to a full game release. A better compare would be Heart of Thrones or Legion. Both of those releasing dam near 100% perfect and SP isn't even 50%.

You can only make a first impression one and the impression SP gave isn't good champ.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-18 at 12:26 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers are stable right now. DEAD STABLE.

All of EU shards are off

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5261242

That isn't something to brag about. The content needed to be up day 1 not parts of it a few day's later.

Also if you are talking about FFXIV 1.0 you are correct but FFXIV 2.0 release just fine. GW2 also had a smooth launch for a MMO.

The level of defending you are doing for Rift is priceless. You defend there p2w bullshit and you defend the broken ass expansion release. Once again how the fuck do you break the intro quest. That is literally the first thing you check.

You are also comparing a Expansion release to a full game release. A better compare would be Heart of Thrones or Legion. Both of those releasing dam near 100% perfect and SP isn't even 50%.
    Actually 2.0 initial launch had congestion because they weren't expecting it. Any big launch has it. Guild Wars 2 suffered from it, WoW suffers from congestion every expansion. They increased server capacity temporarily for Heavensward and they will do so again for Stormblood until it all smooths out. 1.0 they actually listened to the criticism and relaunched it as a successful title. Meanwhile Rift shuts down any criticism and continues to dig a deep hole. The problem with Rift isn't the game itself well not until now anyway. It's the devs ignorant attitude towards it and the whole money> working game mentality along with being to arrogant to accept criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Servers are stable right now. DEAD STABLE.

All of EU shards are off

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5261242
    How the hell did it crash? Barely anyone on the EU shards. Keep me updated on that Wocky I find it amusing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 12:35 PM.

Actually 2.0 initial launch had congestion because they weren't expecting it. Any big launch has it. Guild Wars 2 suffered from it, WoW suffers from congestion every expansion. They increased server capacity temporarily for Heavensward and they will do so again for Stormblood until it all smooths out. 1.0 they actually listened to the criticism and relaunched it as a successful title. Meanwhile Rift shuts down any criticism and continues to dig a deep hole. The problem with Rift isn't the game itself well not until now anyway. It's the devs ignorant attitude towards it and the whole money> working game mentality along with being to arrogant to accept criticism.
    Ya I had to add that in, what I ment was the game run just fine besides the congestion issue. Everything worked the way it should.

I don't consider the congestion part of a MMO launch as a issue since its going to happen. Its how they handle it that matters and IMO FFXIV and GW2 handled it quite well.

Legion handled it the best tho imo.

Ya I had to add that in, what I ment was the game run just fine besides the congestion issue. Everything worked the way it should.

I don't consider the congestion part of a MMO launch as a issue since its going to happen. Its how they handle it that matters and IMO FFXIV and GW2 handled it quite well.

Legion handled it the best tho imo.
    Indeed congestion seems to be a thing that is getting ironed out anyway. But when an expansion launches with content that has to be disabled that means it was not tested properly in beta nor was there any intent to fix the issue before launch. Which begs the question. What the actual fuck was the point in an open beta if you had no intention to listen to any feedback or have your content fixed before launch? Best part is even with this content there are no actual raids and the 70 zone isn't open for another few days. Bright side is at least the money I set aside for this can go to something more worth.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 12:47 PM.

This was the first game to ever make me fall in love during a beta. Pre-expansion Rift was incredible and I owe it some amazing times. Progressing through Tier 2 Dungeons with a static in Vanilla was so much fun! I stopped playing as they started releasing expansions because of WoW and FFXI. But I am truly sad to see Trion shit all over this games legacy.

I only come back to this part of the forum time to time to read Slipmatt's responses. Thank you for your entertainment. Whether you are a delusional super-fan or a part of the official staff at Trion (Or both). I commend your loyalty. I bloody hope you are getting something out of the incomprehensible amount of time you are dedicating to white-knighting and defending such a shitfest.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2016-11-18 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, i'm not going to start posting links but a simple typing into Google of "Final Fantasy 14" and "Guild Wars 2" and "GW2 Heart of Thorns" launch issues brings back numerous articles so please don't start pretending that other MMOs had "smooth" and "no issues" at launch, makes you look desperate.

Eh, i'm not going to start posting links but a simple typing into Google of "Final Fantasy 14" and "Guild Wars 2" and "GW2 Heart of Thorns" launch issues brings back numerous articles so please don't start pretending that other MMOs had "smooth" and "no issues" at launch, makes you look desperate.
    Where did we say they didn't? We said Guild Wars 2 had minor issues on the expansion launch and FF14 1.0 suffered a lot. Did you not read what we posted to you? Also trying to hype up a game that had to disable half of it's content for 2 days because there were glaring issues that were not fixed during a beta along with launching an expansion with less content than Warlords of Draenor is just as desperate. You don't seem to realise in this entire sub forum you are the only one trying to hype up the game and ignoring others valid concerns with said game and trying to claim that we are bashing said game. You might be able to get away with what you do on the official forums but well here it seems to be the majority of people are displeased with the direction of Rift.

Also Please show me links that Guild Wars 2 had glaring issues on the expansion launch because from my experience it was one of the smoothest launches around and a lot of people were echoing it.

As per usual you are attempting to derail any chance at conversation in this thread that others are having by making claims we posted something we did not. Me and @Jtbrig7390 both said those games had issues. I said Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns had minor issues and Brig said that 1.0 was the version everybody had issues with. Which is correct because the entire game was scrapped and revamped.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 01:25 PM.

makes you look desperate.
    The absolute irony of this statement is enough to cause Cancer.

Do you not realize, every single thing you post is absolutely wreaking of desperate? You are displaying a level of ignorance I cannot even comprehend. Coming from someone who is purely on the outside just looking in with no actual opinion on Rift besides nostalgia.

You won't even admit the entire thing has been a shit show, instead you try and throw other irrelevant (and far better) games under the bus. Does someone have you at gun point? Or do you some sort of unhealthy addiction? I am genuinely worried about you as a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    The absolute irony of this statement is enough to cause Cancer.

Do you not realize, every single thing you post is absolutely wreaking of desperate? You are displaying a level of ignorance I cannot even comprehend. Coming from someone who is purely on the outside just looking in with no actual opinion on Rift besides nostalgia.

You won't even admit the entire thing has been a shit show, instead you try and throw other irrelevant (and far better) games under the bus. Does someone have you at gun point? Or do you some sort of unhealthy addiction? I am genuinely worried about you as a human being.
    Ironically as well he thinks his high praise and the whole "Rift is amazing and I'm right and all the haters or anyone with criticism is wrong lalala" attitude will help the game. If anything it will drive interested players away and just hurt the game more. Criticism always helps a game. It's how a lot of MMOs have improved over the years. A game needs criticism both good and bad. I mean anytime some other people here try to converse about Rifts issues he jumps in and derails it. People are irritated after consistent bad decisions from Trion and come here to voice it as the official forums are known for shutting down any form of criticism no matter how constructive.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 01:35 PM.