Poll: Why Tirion?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Light did protect him, it kept him alive long enough for him to pass the Ashbringer off to a hero who can do more good.

The thing is, the Light has many aspects of Agathism in it, rather the human Church of the Light has many aspects of Agathism in it... what little we have left after the massive RPG guide retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post

As much as you like the Light and as much as you believe in it. Its not all powerful against everything.
    But it is, Tirion's soul was saved, thats all what counts. Not an old body that was going to die anyways.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    As far as I understand it, it did protect him. He lived through the breath and fel lava initially, and his soul wasn't consumed or corrupted by fel or demons, despite everything that happened.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't the Light protect Arthas from being possessed by Frostmourne? Why didn't it protect Uther from Arthas?

Simple answer, it's not all powerful, and it's only as strong as the person acting as it's vessel is capable of channeling it... Heroes occasionally get overpowered, and die, or get corrupted as a result, it happens.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I think that it was because of the deal he made with the light at ICC: light, give me one final blessing to shatter this bond!

He used all his favors for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    What? Could you repeat that again?

If you're going that route, arcane magic is also the combination of light and void, so any arcane user should easily be able to beat a paladin?
    Read the Chronicles book, is stated that the crash of the light and void energies created the fel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Read the Chronicles book, is stated that the crash of the light and void energies created the fel
    No, sorry, that's not what it says there. The explosion of Light and Void coming together created the Great Dark Beyond. The most unstable of those energies "coalesced" into an astral dimension known as the Twisting Nether. - Which is not Fel. The Nether is a dimension, Fel is an energy (linked to Disorder, not the Twisting Nether). "... This brutal and extremely addictive energy is fueled by drawing life from living beings."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    But it is, Tirion's soul was saved, thats all what counts. Not an old body that was going to die anyways.
    and the death knights nearly ruined that, tirion would of been angrier than deathwing if he became a horseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    No, sorry, that's not what it says there. The explosion of Light and Void coming together created the Great Dark Beyond. The most unstable of those energies "coalesced" into an astral dimension known as the Twisting Nether. - Which is not Fel. The Nether is a dimension, Fel is an energy (linked to Disorder, not the Twisting Nether). "... This brutal and extremely addictive energy is fueled by drawing life from living beings."
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Twisting_Nether

The results of this event was the creation of the very first demon and guess what magic they wield and is abundant in the twisted nether? A clue is green and dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and the death knights nearly ruined that, tirion would of been angrier than deathwing if he became a horseman.
    I am not sure, since he was ready to become the next lich king, too.

Deleted
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Twisting_Nether

The results of this event was the creation of the very first demon and guess what magic they wield and is abundant in the twisted nether? A clue is green and dangerous
    But WoWpedia is slightly incorrect here. I have the Chronicles right before me and what I wrote in my post is almost exactly what it says there. And no, the demons did not all wield Fel there. Most of them wielded magic (quote: "volatile energies", which is the term used for arcane magic in the description of Arcane) and quote: "some" wielded Fel. Fel is energy, Twisting Nether is a dimension, it even says so in your article from Wowpedia. You could argue that the Twisting Nether and Fel are both related to Chaos somehow and therefore are maybe akin too, but that would be pure speculation and nowhere in Chronicles does it say so.

But WoWpedia is slightly incorrect here. I have the Chronicles right before me and what I wrote in my post is almost exactly what it says there. And no, the demons did not all wield Fel there. Most of them wielded magic (quote: "volatile energies", which is the term used for arcane magic in the description of Arcane) and quote: "some" wielded Fel. Fel is energy, Twisting Nether is a dimension, it even says so in your article from Wowpedia. You could argue that the Twisting Nether and Fel are both related to Chaos somehow and therefore are maybe akin too, but that would be pure speculation and nowhere in Chronicles does it say so.
    Them please with your phone take a photo and post here in the forum.

Deleted
    Because we needed to wield his Ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Shield only lasts for a few seconds anyways. He was f***ed.

On the bright side, he's immortalized as an awesome Hearthstone card

Because the writers wanted him to die.

Deleted
    Them please with your phone take a photo and post here in the forum.
    Uh, you're kidding, right? You can just check for yourself, if you don't believe me. Btw, if you check my post history, you can see a discussion I had with someone, in which I posted almost exactly what you posted, about demons using fel. He pointed out to me, what I pointed out to you now and then I re-read it in the chronicle and had to agree (which is why I disagree with you now, ironically^^).

Because "reasons".

Like most everything BLIZ does in story, it made very little sense
    but it happened anyway, because why not?

Deleted
    it's simple

the amount of fel energy thrown at the shield of light (formed out of a certain amount of light energy) was too much for the shield to handle

energy a in higher quanitities beat energy b in lower quantities

He pressed the wrong button and cast the wrong spell.
    You can tell it from the visual, it was Shield of Vengeance not Divine Shield
    When he realized that, it was too late
    Kappa

Uh, you're kidding, right? You can just check for yourself, if you don't believe me. Btw, if you check my post history, you can see a discussion I had with someone, in which I posted almost exactly what you posted, about demons using fel. He pointed out to me, what I pointed out to you now and then I re-read it in the chronicle and had to agree (which is why I disagree with you now, ironically^^).
    I have to read again the book and the say the same that i posted, the crash of both energies created the many planes including the nether and the reality but in the nether the fel take the place as the primary force energie there while in out dimension that would be the arcane and both energies are the result of that crash i dont have anyhing more to say if you want to put your headcanon over the chronicles