Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should mythic+ dungeons have diminishing returns?

Like the more times you do the same dungeon the less AP and chance of loot you get. After let's say five runs of Maw of Souls you'd get loot locked from that instance not being eligible to trade water others received either and get no AP tokens from the bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it would put a soft cap on the freedom of play, which Blizzard have put in Legion. I can easily imagine some people doing Maw of Souls more then 5 times a week, just because 5+ different friends wants to play.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Make AP rewards based on the instance length and sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

/10chars.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, i can understand a cap on how many seals you can obtain each week, thats extra chance at loot per kill, but in Mythic + you cant get loot if you dont put in the work and play efficiently. OP must be butthurt because he wants carries and no one will take him

I don't believe so as it can sometimes take a while to find Maw keys. Getting a Maw key should be a reward like it is now, getting a quick easy to run dungeon is good from time to time, I don't think you should get no/less loot and AP because you got lucky on a good key.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

why? what point does it serve other than to punish those who put more time into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by mahesvara View Post
    why? what point does it serve other than to punish those who put more time into the game?
    Yeah... that dreadfully difficult time of afking/picking herbs while in the lfg with your 3 buddies for "Carrying +4 to +9 keys, Maw only" waiting for someone with a key

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Make AP rewards based on the instance length and sorted.
    Yeah, I have wondered many times why they haven't done this already. They already have different timers so surely they know that they take different amounts of time to complete. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Yeah... that dreadfully difficult time of afking/picking herbs while in the lfg with your 3 buddies for "Carrying +4 to +9 keys, Maw only" waiting for someone with a key
    Right... Because the time running the dungeon doesn't count at all right?

No, but Blizzard need to look into certain dungeons, the difference between dungeons is just too big right now. Why do a HoV when u can do 2x MoS in the same time. Getting like a 10+ Nelth compared to lets say 10+ CoS is just like doing 2 different diffuculties even tho both dungeons are +10 and thats a bit frustrating when u get a +10-12 key that is just waaaay harder than it could have been if you got another key.

considering I boost more than MoS keys I tend to wait less than 5 minutes between runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    No, but Blizzard need to look into certain dungeons, the difference between dungeons is just too big right now. Why do a HoV when u can do 2x MoS in the same time. Getting like a 10+ Nelth compared to lets say 10+ CoS is just like doing 2 different diffuculties even tho both dungeons are +10 and thats a bit frustrating when u get a +10-12 key that is just waaaay harder than it could have been if you got another key.
    I don't think blizzard should make some dungeons easier and they probably won't but they seriously need to look into the timers some of them are just way to short atm. I get that they're suppose to be challenging but dungeons like arcway and MoS I can make a few mistakes and still pull a +2 while dungeons like VoW or BRH if i make a few mistakes i'm gonna end up bricking the key.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Like the more times you do the same dungeon the less AP and chance of loot you get. After let's say five runs of Maw of Souls you'd get loot locked from that instance not being eligible to trade water others received either and get no AP tokens from the bosses.
    Where on Earth did you come up with such a day awful decision? I'm guessing you had a vault key, went looking for a carry, couldn't get one, and said to yourself "I'll log on MMO-Champion and complain"

- - - Updated - - -

Your tears are hilarious
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

raids have a lockout why shouldn't mythic+ dungeons

They should because the burn out of mythic raiders is gonna be real. Grinding Maw of souls or mythic+s in general 5+ hours a day to get your 5% dmg trait for ToV is not fun. Rng loot system with infinite source of gear and AP is a frustrating experience for competitive side of the game, of course its great for casual players but its not like average player does 40 M+s a week and would hit the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Where on Earth did you come up with such a day awful decision? I'm guessing you had a vault key, went looking for a carry, couldn't get one, and said to yourself "I'll log on MMO-Champion and complain"

- - - Updated - - -

Your tears are hilarious
    Why are my tears hilarious? I am the one RUNNING the groups

mythic+ is the mini-diablo game inside wow. in d3 all you do is spam rifts, at some point you only care about the fragments at the end and the random legendaries/sets and efficiency is key. tbh i feel a lot of d3 players switched to wow(if they had previously played it) because its a bit more free and the grind is not so braindead.

and no, u dont need to grind your brain out - i have done about 100 +2 and 100 +3 and few over 10s and have about 10% left til 5% dmg trait without even stepping in mythic raiding or 5 hours per day grinding MoS.

Longer Dungeons should give more chest. Period. BRH and Halls of Valor should give up to 5 chest.

They have already limited the ap and loot you get from a m+, more nerfs are not needed.

They just need to scale the AP rewards based on the timers for the dungeons. Divide them into 3 tiers or something.