Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The Great Mark Kern Conspiracy is one of my favorite recurring parts of the thread now.
    Yeah and it is only from one specific deluded person in the thread too. No one else has made anything like those kind of claims, so it is quite funny.

Hope the stress test is a success
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    All im saying is, Blizz will have something up their sleeves that will shut this all downagain, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    All im saying is, Blizz will have something up their sleeves that will shut this all downagain, mark my words.
    That doesn't matter at all.

In fairness I'm (personally) moderately prepared for this, and it doesn't bother me as I've having plenty enoguh fun on Overwatch Civ6, DA:O and KOTOR:II atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The Great Mark Kern Conspiracy is one of my favorite recurring parts of the thread now.
    ^^^

People have too much time

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow 1788 pages.

I'll tell you what will cause "official" Legacy servers to happen.

It'll be the day Acti-Blizz bean-counters figure re-releasing a product that they already have finished and sitting in storage, is profitable overall. Taking into consideration all current and future products. $$$ That is the catalyst.

Stresstest today at 19.00 CET, 12.00 EST, 9.00 PST

Deleted
    So is MMO-Champion now openly accepting advertising of private servers?

Deleted
    Yes, they will probably shut it down, but with the release of the source it will pop up again and again.

People are going to play classic WoW. It is up to Blizzard to decide whether they do it legaĺly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    So is MMO-Champion now openly accepting advertising of private servers?
    As far as I'm aware the only "Private Server" discussion they are allowing is us commenting on "Nostalrius" situation. Access information from this or other Private Servers still gets nuked down.

But I'm quite positive you knew this already and your post was nothing but a veiled jab at the server in question - Which, in itself, is uninspiring and rather pathetic at this point. I bid you a good day, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Yes, they will probably shut it down, but with the release of the source it will pop up again and again.

People are going to play classic WoW. It is up to Blizzard to decide whether they do it legaĺly or not.
    You also realise the risk in releasing the source can lead to scam servers yes? I remember a TBC server that eventually turned out to be a massive scam and the big guy in charge of it all basically redirected the homepage to a donation page for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Wow 1788 pages.

I'll tell you what will cause "official" Legacy servers to happen.

It'll be the day Acti-Blizz bean-counters figure re-releasing a product that they already have finished and sitting in storage, is profitable overall. Taking into consideration all current and future products. $$$ That is the catalyst.
    Sad thing is when Blizzard make vanilla servers it wont be "vanilla", it will be "2016 vanilla". 100% they will redo some specs so they are all availible for raiding and other weird things most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    16,393 people signed up for the stress test so far, rip server.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylinn View Post
    16,393 people signed up for the stress test so far, rip server.
    if everybody were to login it requires a superhuman effort to have it go past the login screen

I don't understand why so many people who don't like legacy servers keep posting here? You aren't going to change anyone's minds. People who want to play legacy servers are gonna do it and private servers are the only way.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Sad thing is when Blizzard make vanilla servers it wont be "vanilla", it will be "2016 vanilla". 100% they will redo some specs so they are all availible for raiding and other weird things most likely.
    Tbh, we all know vanilla had some issues even near the release of TBC, which they promised to fix in the first expansion. I wouldn't mind them releasing "vanilla 2016" as a game we should have had ten years ago, as long as it has nothing to do with those awful "pristine servers" they've been talking about lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    A C&D letter seems a no-brainer. I question how aggressively they would push other measures - there is certainly precedent for other servers being otherwise left alone for years, even some of the most blatant. For blizzard, the main issue is as long as they have acted in a manner to provide legal cover over the protecting the copyright angle, they have no further upside on going after nost and other classic ps's, and plenty of downside with their customers. This is likely why that classic server that started a month after nost last year is still quietly chugging along.

More generally, it has been suggested that blizzard was surprised nost shut down after getting the c&d. Are there other ps's that have closed after a single letter from blizz in EU or other non-north-america areas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    The under-discussed Frankenstein server scenario. It should be the number one concern of people pushing blizzard legacy servers, beyond the issue of them happening at all. It may in fact be a concern of blizz mgmt and a reason they are not pushing this themselves (I hypothesize that some blizz mgmt don't want to turn classic into an accessible linear fun-house parody of old wow, and that they may be asked to do just that). Not because 'the fans demand it (though they might say that)', but because marketing and/or a/b 'demands' it.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-11-20 at 02:07 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion>rest of garbage expansions

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Legion>rest of garbage expansions
    You mean that rngfest where I can end up with higher Ilvl gear that's actually worse for my spec? Sorry but Legion has it's flaws too just like older expansions did.